Author Topic: WW1 arena  (Read 8365 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: WW1 arena
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
Every game has fanboys, they are sad people.

(Image removed from quote.)

The same can be said for wanks.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:45:38 PM by NoBaddy »
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
This arena will be more fun than you can imagine.  I cannot wait to fly it. And see the expansion of aircraft into the early WWII birds, futher with the new DM.  Much Appreciated  :salute

<<S>> HTC
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2009, 02:20:19 AM »
This arena will be more fun than you can imagine.  I cannot wait to fly it. And see the expansion of aircraft into the early WWII birds, futher with the new DM.  Much Appreciated  :salute

<<S>> HTC

:aok

I will jump in that sopwith and see what she can do about killing all those Fokkers!   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2009, 02:59:39 AM »
What will be very interesting is to see how HTC handles trim.. will there be auto trim on the trimless wwi planes, fully manual compensation or some kind of trim even though there wasnt trim...

Flying without any trim is such a pita since you cant let go of your stick at all.

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2009, 03:04:57 AM »
Oh you can let go of the stick if you want.  But your :airplane: will impact the ground at a high rate of speed.  Which will result in your conversion into an :angel: instead of becoming an :old:.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »
So what do you guys think of this?  :aok

it's going to be sweeeet!  I imagine I may be in there more then anywhere else
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
What people dont seem to realize is that this update will bring many new players into the game. There was a huge following around games like "Red Baron"

The new "Rise of Flight" (which I own) is a very pretty sim, but limited in terms of multiplayer and the greed of the developer around introducing new planes into the set is obnoxious. This is going to bring those who want to fly a squad based WW1 flight sim back to their roots and I don't think it will thin AH2s current player base that much after a few months.
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »
What people dont seem to realize is that this update will bring many new players into the game. There was a huge following around games like "Red Baron"

The new "Rise of Flight" (which I own) is a very pretty sim, but limited in terms of multiplayer and the greed of the developer around introducing new planes into the set is obnoxious. This is going to bring those who want to fly a squad based WW1 flight sim back to their roots and I don't think it will thin AH2s current player base that much after a few months.

It'll have use when it is new then when that wears off...... another EW arena. My guess anyway. Hope it does not hurt updates to AHII.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2009, 04:20:44 PM »
I don't think HTC intends this to be a "main" portion of the game.. I see it as more of a fun alternative to do once in a while... Just my 2 cents.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »
:aok

I will jump in that sopwith and see what she can do about killing all those Fokkers!   :D

But those Fokkers were flying Messerschmitts! :D

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
It'll have use when it is new then when that wears off...... another EW arena. My guess anyway. Hope it does not hurt updates to AHII.

Come on Shff you don't know that, your just speculating :D  My guess is that it will do as well as the time put into to it, DoA was great when HT and Pyro were running it and I think this can be too :rock.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »
It's going to be alot of fun  :aok   :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »
What will be very interesting is to see how HTC handles trim.. will there be auto trim on the trimless wwi planes, fully manual compensation or some kind of trim even though there wasnt trim...

Flying without any trim is such a pita since you cant let go of your stick at all.

That was the approach in DoA.  They could allow trim adjustments before take off to simulate rigging the aircraft for hands-off flight at a certain airspeed.  It would be nice if trim once disabled once off the ground, but I doubt it will happen.

Vlas

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
But those Fokkers were flying Messerschmitts! :D
:rofl
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.