Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 6347 times)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
Re: Getting cussed out on tuned to you channel
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 04:32:52 PM »
nope it wasn't muttley this time it was lasttime, this dude knows who he is, if he is man enough to come outta hiding and be a man and apologize for his teenagerous behavior would greatly be appreciated. ty <S>
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »
You have no idea what a private cussing is, until you have heard from Fuher aka Muttley...trust me.....lol.
I dunno....tripl5 and then drdeath private vox pm's both within a few mins of each other is hell on the ears. :(
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
1 of my biggest peevs is when a small group of people or person abuses something and the reaction is to ban it which punishes the vast majority of people who use it properly.
private vox is useful in any number of ways so it should not be banned but i do like stokes idea though

i dont mean to knock any1 with this post as ive had this happen to me a couple of times and if i had young kids that heard it i would be going ape soup about it.

What ways is it useful? Just curious.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
It keeps anyone from eavesdropping in on your conversation.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
Muttley really gets irritated when you turn his cherry pick into an explosion fesitval.. you can hear his gaskets burning.. lol

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »
It keeps anyone from eavesdropping in on your conversation.

Isn't that better suited for other voice comms like TS or vent, or typed to PM?
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
How bout an option to approve people to privat vox you. Like the joining.

YES
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »

Or maybe the alternative and easier approach.   Ban people that do this either by Private text/vox or any of the text channels.   After the easy ones are out of the way, the "guffawers" will act like they should have been all along.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »
not to be wise.....this isn't the place for this. i'd contact htc directly about it. threats are bad too.

Stop saying that! We love this kind of stuff!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »
Ive had the same thing happen to me a few times too with kids in the room or some very mean PM's sent to me by sore losers who feel the need to bash and curse and act like a spoiled child who just got his lollipop taken away.

I have only been playing AH for a couple months but it only took me one day to de tune 200 but i cant de tune PMs. Is there a way to turn them off or if not can this be done i don't like when my 6 year old comes in and reads some pretty sick stuff just sent to me via PM and then starts asking questions.

Ive of course reported them but none the less i would just like to have all PMs turned off just the same.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
You can always squelch cross-country ya know of course you don't know when he's going to strike but as soon as he does squelch him im glad this game has squelch. :)

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »
Buy a headset my friend and you will save your children from the damnation caused by your war game experience :eek:

No offence, but this is just the kind of game that ppl every now and then lose their better judgement in - and it is only understandable. Of course I too prefer the good manners but one must understand there are so many cultures and religions online at the same time, playing the same game their way that sometimes the worlds simply collide and you might actually hear some pottymouth talking the way adults do sometimes talk. To me its no problem - tho I usually fly this game so drunk I really can't but wonder who would want to let their kids to listen whats going on in the game anyways :confused:

Good manners benefit everyone, but flaming one incident in the image of a perfect religulous family moment that could be prevented by using simple gear... c'mon!
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 07:30:02 PM »
last sunday i was listening to my local radio station preacher talking and my kids playing in living room listening to me play online, i shot down a player he tuned to me swearing his dumbarse off, my 5yr old daughter asks me daddy who was that? what he say? why? my boys-whoa dad! he said a bad word. geez i think hi-tech has to auto block cuss words, dam that was hardcore-i logged off immediately. next time i log on i will make sure i have my headset on. and for the puke who accused me of hitting my kids, i hope i don't run into you while i am hunting alaskan bears or whales  :aok

Green your not in the minority. I've personally had this happen only once, but when it did it was disturbing. I agree with the comments expressed in this thread, that feature belongs solely in the training arena.

I hope you just de tuned and ignored. Furthermore I would consider emailing HTC about the issue, being sure to include the name. HTC is quick to point out 'not valued customers', and I'm sure the said individual would fit that category quite easily.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »
I dunno....tripl5 and then drdeath private vox pm's both within a few mins of each other is hell on the ears. :(

I tell ya, having them on range is bad enough  :bolt:
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »
Good for you Stokes!
What a brilliant solution.

System: PlayerX requests vox. Type .vox to accept.

What's not to like?
 :aok

that feature belongs solely in the training arena.

I disagree Completely. Many times I have used this feature to fly with friends. Restricting this
to the TA will negatively affect my enjoyment of this game. Why should those of us who use the
in game features as they were intended, be penalized because of a couple of love muffines?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:40:04 PM by newz »
Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss