Author Topic: 3D Stereoscopic Gaming in Aces High  (Read 1679 times)

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
Re: 3D Stereoscopic Gaming in Aces High
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 08:20:10 AM »
I highly doubt I'll start using it regularly in the game.  But for $10, it's worth the S :old: s and giggles.

Yep, as it stands, this's definitely the cheap-o way of doing 3d, but red/blue glasses are so cheap that I can't say no!  :D  One day, though, real 3d methods (like shutter glasses or polarized displays) are gonna get so cheap  that everybody'll have em, and it's gonna kick butt. :rock  This red/blue stuff just lets you see the potential...

Now that I think about it, I bet that once people get used to the 3d in Aces High, it'll help their snapshots since they'll actually be able to see other planes in 3d-space and more effectively judge distances.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 04:44:49 AM »
Well crap, my video card is supported. I've already got the headphones and track-IR, when I put on these glasses my girlfriend might finally say I've gone too far.

I'm gonna miss her.

:rofl   :rock

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »
These don't do justice to the quality in game, but you can put on a pair of glasses and get a little idea, but I was disappointed how these turned out.  I forgot to mention earlier something else that is pretty cool, diving strait into the ground. WHOA, it makes a strait down dive a little scarier, you can see that ground approaching you a lot better.

I used a cheap pair of red/green glasses you get with 3D DVD's and those pictures we're incredible with even that cheap pair. I can't imagine what it must look like with a decent pair.
Now i'm going to have to try to set it up on mine ;)
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
I don't want to mislead anybody about what kind of card you'll need...  If you go here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_3D_vision_winvista_win7_191.03.html
and click on the 'Supported Products' tab, you'll see which cards work.

Well my Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT isn't on the list  :cry
So i think its time to go shopping.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »
I don't know if you should buy a whole new card just for this.   :)

The 3d's amazing, but depending on how your eyes react to the red/blue glasses, you might not want to fly around with them for very long at a time...

But hey, if you're already in the market for a new vid card, this's a pretty cool bonus!  :D