Author Topic: Ya Know (tm)  (Read 3480 times)

Offline SB

• Administrator
      • http://home.swbell.net/hmason
Ya Know (tm)
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
It's amazing how many whines are from players about changes. So many whines about filling out the WWII plane set.

If you compare the number of kills in the LW arena for September the most successful aircraft was the P-51D, the least the P-40B. The P-40B had less that 1/2 of 1% the success of the P-51D. Yes I know the reason that it is not as successful so that dog won't hunt. I question the reasoning of the people that demand (and they do demand) filling out the plane set of every plane that flew in WWII before HTC moves on to anything else. Did these guys whine about adding vehicles too?

We've had an real WWII Ace slandered in these forums without any documented proof during the arguements about adding WWI aircraft, folks crying about having vox in WWI planes and various and sundry things.

How many of these people really took the time to think about what is good for the continued growth of this game and how many are just saying I want what I want and I want it now? It doesn't add to gameplay, it doesn't bring in customers, but it makes me happy and pffffffft to the rest of you. Same ones that say I don't care that it costs the same to add an aircraft that won't get flown outside of scenarios as it does to do one that may bring in more people and keep this game growing?

SB

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ya Know (tm)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »
So you get what you want, everybody else has to shut up and deal with it?

What if your P51D was still flying with 1999 graphics and flight model and damage model? Oh the whines we'd all hear, and quite justified!

Fact of the matter is, the MA isn't everything. We have so many problems with the WW2 planeset (problems being anything from buggy damage models on old planes, old flight models, old graphics models, missing planes, missing entire planesets, etc) that everything you've commented on is probably justified.

Try flying any snapshot, FSO, event, scenario, anything other than the MA, where you need a betty, a beaufort, a wellington, a real P-40B, a Ki43, a P-2, or any number of things the game currently lacks.

Your post is close-minded and narrow sighted.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:18:05 PM by Krusty »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
 :noid the root of all evil isn't money....its self interest.... :noid :noid :noid  :D

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »

Try flying any snapshot, FSO, event, scenario, anything other than the MA, where you need a betty, a beaufort, a wellington, a real P-40B, a Ki43, a P-2, or any number of things the game currently lacks.

Hell, pretty much try flying ANY historical event outside of the ETO Western Front c.1944-1945 and you're screwed.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »
The OP doesn't have a clue as to why we ask for aircraft that won't be successful in the main arena. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
"The OP doesn't have a clue as to why we ask for aircraft that won't be successful in the main arena. Hehe!"

You're kidding right? You're either a complete idiot as to who SB is and his relationship to HiTech
and HTC - or this is just a real dumb troll of a post.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
It's amazing how many whines are from players about changes. So many whines about filling out the WWII plane set.

If you compare the number of kills in the LW arena for September the most successful aircraft was the P-51D, the least the P-40B. The P-40B had less that 1/2 of 1% the success of the P-51D. Yes I know the reason that it is not as successful so that dog won't hunt. I question the reasoning of the people that demand (and they do demand) filling out the plane set of every plane that flew in WWII before HTC moves on to anything else. Did these guys whine about adding vehicles too?

We've had an real WWII Ace slandered in these forums without any documented proof during the arguements about adding WWI aircraft, folks crying about having vox in WWI planes and various and sundry things.

How many of these people really took the time to think about what is good for the continued growth of this game and how many are just saying I want what I want and I want it now? It doesn't add to gameplay, it doesn't bring in customers, but it makes me happy and pffffffft to the rest of you. Same ones that say I don't care that it costs the same to add an aircraft that won't get flown outside of scenarios as it does to do one that may bring in more people and keep this game growing?

SB
+1

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
Hmmm, I'm trying to remember some of the old names from the WB crew before iMOL bought it.  Nothing rings a bell.  Enlighten me.

Fwiw, if it weren't for scenarios and the prospect that someday we'll get the He 111, G4M, Ki-43, Lagg-3, etc.  I would cancel my account.  How's that for growing the business?

That said, I'm not all torn up over the upcoming WW1 arena.  It sounds like fun to me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
"The OP doesn't have a clue as to why we ask for aircraft that won't be successful in the main arena. Hehe!"

You're kidding right? You're either a complete idiot as to who SB is and his relationship to HiTech
and HTC - or this is just a real dumb troll of a post.

Er.. wrong. We have a pretty good clue from the original post. He says "It's not used in the MA, so screw it, leave it 1999 standards, leave AH WW2 as it is and put all efforts into updating the WW1 game, maybe Korea, whatever"

Essentially he's asking for the halt of development on AH2 by saying "if it's not the most used plane in the MA it doesn't deserve enhancement or inclusion in the game" -- a weak attitude from any aspect.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »

SB

So true.

I've always been interested in the total number of subscribers for Aces High, and also in how many are in the average scenario.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »
 ---> SB: :old: you young whipper snappers keep on trying to knock that chip off your shoulder, you'll make it to the top of the banana pile one day....... :banana:

just  :( to see how people reply/post sometimes...... ( including myself )

edit: hope ya having a good day there Ol SharkBait, and most who reply will prob misunderstand your post  :cheers: :bolt:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:41:57 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »
I had a dream one night....I was arguing in here on the AH forums....like I always do, you know, where I just argue for the sake of seeing my typed words....and then.....like some fantasy.....people actually cared what I was typing.
I don't.  :aok
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 01:41:16 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
So true.

I've always been interested in the total number of subscribers for Aces High, and also in how many are in the average scenario.

Not just scenarios. Scenarios are the most publicly visible event, but not the most populated.

How many players are in LW Orange on a given night? 250? 350?

How many players fly FSO every friday, months on end, year after year? They're breaking 500+ every Friday folks.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »
How many players fly FSO every friday, months on end, year after year? They're breaking 500+ every Friday folks.

And many would cancel their accounts without FSO; that's a fact.

Come to think of it, who SB is doesn't matter much to me, but the content of what he says does.  Objectively, when I look at the OP, it rambles, the points could be developed more thoughtfully, etc.  If my response seems harsh or obtuse, it's because it reflects what came before it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »
The OP doesn't have a clue as to why we ask for aircraft that won't be successful in the main arena. :lol
He doesn't need a clue as to why you cry like lil girls....he's asking you to get over it...so...will you, or won't you? :aok