Author Topic: Hat Switch on Stick  (Read 902 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Hat Switch on Stick
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
I've noticed that since the last patch, the hat switch on my stick doesn't want to look right sometimes, and my stick button that I mapped for my secondary weapon select doesn't want to work sporadicly. It goes away after a few minutes and works fine then. It seems to be at it's worse when I'm first upping. Weird problem, but it has to be game related as I've checked the stick, callibrated it, and all the buttons work in other applications.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Hat Switch on Stick
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »
You might want try try to re-map...not sure if it will help...but there is a chance..I have had to do this for secondary weapons once before.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »
The weird thing about it is that it 'fixes itself' after a few minutes in the air, reminds me of how the tower looks when you first log in, kind of incomplete for a second or two until everything loads, like it's not loading the mapping or something. I've tried remapping the buttons but it still doesn't seem to fix it.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »
Mine has a small delay when trying to look right with it. :headscratch:

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
I was asking around in game last night on local channel and apparently there are some other players who are having the same issue with their hat switches not wanting to look to the right, right forwards, and right back.
I don't know if it will help you guys diagnose the problem, but when you switch ot another position like gunner view, it fixes itself sometimes.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
Have also noticed that the problem seems to flare up when the game is loading new players, if I fly into range of another player it happens again for a minute until they load up.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »
Problem is getting worse, now it's starting to affect my rear hat, and top buttons on my stick. I've noticed that I can recallibrate stick in game and it fixes itself temporarily, but comes right back when something appears view of my plane.
I don't think it's the stick, as it works great in other applications, it's something to do with going out of callibration or not loading, or loosing the stick mapping, but it's extremely frustrating. Watching this thread float for a month isn't encouraging either. I've talked to several players in game that are having the same problem and we all seem to have a USB stick, and the last patch seems to be where it started.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
Stranger still, I went to the DA last night with one of my squaddies, and everything worked great on my stick there, so apparently it has to be something to do with the MA.  :huh\
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »
If you've had the stick awhile the potentiometer of the hat could be starting to fail. Maybe dirty also.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
If you've had the stick awhile the potentiometer of the hat could be starting to fail. Maybe dirty also.
I considered that, but what's freaking me out is that it quits working in the Main Arena, I sign into the dueling arena or one of the others or quit and restart the game, and the stick works great. Last night I was playing and my keyboard and mouse quit working as well. I use wireless USB mouse and keyboard, reckon that would have anything to do with it?
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 01:42:53 PM »
I considered that, but what's freaking me out is that it quits working in the Main Arena, I sign into the dueling arena or one of the others or quit and restart the game, and the stick works great. Last night I was playing and my keyboard and mouse quit working as well. I use wireless USB mouse and keyboard, reckon that would have anything to do with it?
-Twitchy
I've had my wireless mouse freeze before, keyboard is wired though. I've had my views lock before, but I think it is related to the CH software. If it is happening in one arena more than others is could be related to wireless delay and ping time of that arena I suppose. Low batteries or interference maybe? This hat problem is puzzling.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
I unplugged the USB wireless port from the computer for the mouse and keyboard and connected a regular keyboard and mouse, played ok in the MA for about ten minutes then all at once, all my guns fired, all of my radio channels reset themselves to 'All', and the game CTD'ed and shut down my system. I checked everything out, cleaned the fan on the CPU and all that stuff just to make sure it wasn't some kind of thermal thing and got back on there eventually with the wireless keyboard and mouse again. Nothing seems to be wrong with the stick, it works great in windows and other applications, but when I get in the MA, it starts getting flakey again.
I'll try getting some new batteries for the keyboard rather than just recharging them, and a reinstall of the game after that probably wouldn't hurt anything either, but could it be something that simple?
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing