Author Topic: The noob moments...  (Read 4197 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: The noob moments...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »
Well....This one time stodd shot me down.  :D
Liar!!! Ive yet to shoot anyone down. :)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »
I did land a completely intact 38 once,still not sure what i did wrong.............

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »
I did land a completely intact 38 once,still not sure what i did wrong.............

Probably put the gear down. First problem was putting them up to begin with.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
The first few days I started this game I thought the c.205 was the only plane in this game. It started me in this plane and I had no idea how to change all I knew was what some dude told me "you have to earn the other planes". Took me a while to figure out how to get into the hanger. Oh an my first kill ever was a guy who was on the runway in his 262, luckily I didnt know how to tune 200 yet.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »
Upped a 262 and actually got it airborne without augering. Fly over a port that's being hit hard. I see a flight of B-26s below me. I nose the 262 over and angle for the shot.  I go past the bombers at about 800 mph and hit the beach.  I guy Pm'd me with the following: " Were you the 262 that was on me? You just disappeared and I got a kill."  Apparently he missed the new pond forming on the beach.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 02:44:08 AM »
  After reading on how to calibrate/set your salvos and delay for BUFFS ( the pic shows craters on the runway) i up a set of 17's to and airfield about 7 sectors way...it was near a current furball and i was thinking ill shut this base down, i line up with the runway (small base)  drop all my bombs right down the middle thinking it was gonna disable them from taking off. :( :headscratch: and i was soooo wrong.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »
Landing at a base that had just been taken wondering why my ack was shooting at me.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
When I started this game, for the first couple of flights I flew Hurri 1's and Spit 1's exclusively, thinking that this is the closest representation of a 'Level 1' in the game.

I died a lot.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »
My worse "jet" incident happened maybe 4-5 months after I started playing back in 05. Took a 262 out, more or less depleting all my hard earned fighter perks, and head over to where the big furball is going on at. Climb out to about 10-12K and head in at max rpm. Get over the fight, look down and see a P-47 at around 8-9K. I roll my 262 over and pull. Right about the time I get my nose on him, he pushes over and goes into a negative G dive. Well I know I'm faster than a Jug so I stay with him. 6-5-4-3K and al of a sudden he starts pulling up. I give a nice gentle pull to keep the nose on him and nothing happens :headscratch:  Ok maybe need a little more pull :joystick: Nothing doing :O  Managed to dive from 12K right into the rearm pad at an enemy base with about 40-50 enemy conns and as many friendly conns watching :furious  That's when I learned what compressed means.

BUT WAIT!!!!! I wasn't done!!!!!

Oh no. I had the itch to fly a jet for some reason that night so what do I do? Grab an AR234 and go on a bomb run. Makes sense right since I burned all my fighter perks. One little problem though. Forgot to uncheck the formation box while in the hanger so I up a complete flight of 234's burning most of my bomber perks. OK no big deal, I've flown the 234 before and more or less know how it handles. I take off, check six and see my drones falling into formation, ok all is good. About that time my little girl walks in looking for some attention. No problem, hit the auto climb button, turn in my chair to pick up my little girl so she can sit on my lap while I fly. As I'm turning back to the screen I get there just in time to watch all 3 of my 234's dive straight into the side of a hill :huh

I lost around 500 perks in the span of about 10 minutes because I was a NOOB :salute
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 04:31:54 PM »
When i finally had enough perks to afford a 262 I upped it...I got on the runway and tookoff...no big deal

After 5 minutes I was 5K going full RPM, I see a formation of b17s so I go in to attack...I make a pass and nail the left wingman and completely destroyed him. While I was looking back to see the bomber go down I heard **ONE** ping...I look to the front and to my horror I was wounded...

I turned around quickly and flew towards the nearest friendly base 2 sectors away....Finally after 5 minutes I reach the base and had my flaps down and everything....I was only about 10 seconds away from touching down....then I died...

It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »
I was taking off in a 262, and there was a 190 about to vultch the field, so I nosed down while still on the runway and once i got to a certain speed.....BOOM!
Strokes

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »
What happened to winning the war and re setting the world? back in the old days I always thought that was pretty fun .

Oh yeah... this one time at band camp I.....Oh, wrong forum :)

Rabbit

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »
Been playing for years....

Never had a noob moment....only lack of training!

:uhoh

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
I shot a few orange planes my first day................

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 09:07:13 PM »
I shot a few orange planes my first day................

:headscratch: Trying to figure this one out...can't even think of anything orange except one of the N1K2-J skins.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.