Author Topic: Yay Stitches came out!  (Read 505 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Yay Stitches came out!
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
Had wisdom teeth pulled 1 week ago, and just had the stitches out a few hours ago. Has to have been the longest week of my life. Atleast it started off terrible so it could only get better! If it had started off ok and gotten worse I don't know what I would have done! Does feel weird to have the stitches out after having them in for a whole week, I kinda got use to them.  :cry  ;)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Yay Stitches came out!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
I've yet to have mine removed. They're already tearing up the inside of my cheeks.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:44:41 PM »
They didn't use soluble stitches?
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:55:04 PM »
Tell them about your stitches Tin.  Tell them what a mans man has to go through!  :)

Rashy
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
They didn't use soluble stitches?

They did with mine.  Kinda the same thing I was wondering
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:05 PM »
Now keep it clean!
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »
i had mine out on the "22nd of september...that day I'll always remember, 'Cause that was the day that i had my teeth out.'
Yes I will"

er nevermind... not gonna break out in song...

but anyways i had mine out on the 9-22 which was a tuesday. went home and slept until 7 then got back up.
next day- woke up at 6:30 in alot of pain (medicine had wore off) so i took it and went back to bed.
thursday- same thing in the morning. at lunch, i ate part of a hotdog, bowl of chili and some french fries (was at brighton hotdog shop if you have heard of it... its up north in beaver county mainly but also in cranberry and a few other places out of county...) i went after lunch to get my medicine packs changed. he started on the first and had to dig a little to get it out. wasnt that bad, the next came out much easier with no pain. he then rinsed my mouth out and started to replace the packs. THAT WAS THE WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER FELT IN MY LIFE! when he first started putting them in the instrument he was using was poking the bottom of the holes... not only did it hurt but they tasted absolutely horrible! the taste made my mougth noub... and it wasnt the medicine either...

im going to finish this in another post because i cant take this jumping when typing because of IE8 can see anything! grrr
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »
so thursday night i was going to take a perkiset but i didnt...
friday- i started eating limited solids...
weekend continued eating some harder foods
monday, was able to eat almost anything.
following tuesday (7 days later)- i got my stiches out and the medicine packs. stitched came out painlessly (never had stiches before so didnt know what to expect) except for the top, which had a little pinch. He asked me if i wanted to packs, but i said NO WAY to that... bled a little that night, but only because i wasnt used to not having pressure from the packs there...

all of my holes are filled in already and were probably 2 weeks after. 1 hole took alot longer than the others and is just now done filling in.

really i was never in alot of pain even right out of the surgery room, i only took ibphrofine (? for spelling) and never took one of my perkisets he gave me.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 01:18:46 AM »
Tell them about your stitches Tin.  Tell them what a mans man has to go through!  :)

Rashy

I didn't get any stiches :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:26:50 AM by TinmanX »
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 07:24:49 AM »
Bah..whimps!

Had to have all mine taken out. (Long story) And I'm not just talking about my wisdom teeth. Was done in two trips and outside of the anesthesia that was induced to take them out.and some pain meds taken the day and only the day of the surgery. The strongest thing I took for pain was Advil.

You wanna know for pain.
Try having a "Large Thrombosed External Hemorrhoid" removed.

Now THAT is pain.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:28:45 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »
About ten years ago I had three removed that were and had been causing me to have absolute painful headaches for about 4 years. I had one tooth that had impacted another and was trying to tear it out of the jaw slowly. It had pushed that one tooth about a millimeter up over the course of two years according to the dentist from what is "normal" and had cracked the tooth as well due to the pressure.

Anyway we were living in San Fran at the time and I was so sick from a headache and pain in my jaws that I didn't eat for about a week before the final day. My wife comes down to the Citibank building where I was working and gets me to this guy up at the UCSF School of Dentistry for a check to see when he could get in to take them out. While checking his schedule he tells me two weeks and I start walking out going to find someone else. I hadn't made it 50 feet when he walks out and says "I just had a cancellation; can you go now?" I said yes and under I go.

I woke up about half way through the surgey to the dentist telling the anesthitist to put more into the IV. When I woke up I heard a crunch and opened my eyes to see about half of a tooth being pulled from my mouth. Then it was a crazy pain for about 10 seconds until I was out again. I didn't eat solid food for about 10 days.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"