Author Topic: Your playstyle/philosophy on flying Aces High  (Read 3663 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your playstyle/philosophy on flying Aces High
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
Kill the red things.

Chase the running red things.

Try not to shoot the green things in the process.

Get killed by the red thing I didn't see.

Forgot to mention...

Go Afk to add hops to the boil...

Get shot down....
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
I like 1 V 1's when ever possible. I don't run, I try not to vulch, and I only Ho if i see tracers first.

I like the mid-war, with fewer players players, but better quality fights.

I like the organization, cunning and tactical skill that my squad has for taking bases.

I like the base taking and the GV'ing that we do on occasion.

It's a well rounded mix of activities. makes every night a fun night.

I like talking to people on vox, even to those who do not care for me, because I find they are nicer on Vox then here in the forums.

I like working with all the players for a common cause when going after a big base.

I don't take this game any more serious then just a game, but i try to treat each and every person I come in contact with, with respect.

I like the AVA for the 2 sided conflict and the different scenario's and for its (what I consider) better quality of players and most of the time better, more realistic gameplay.

i enjoy flying the FSO's with the 353rd and someday hope to fly it again with JG54.  

I'd love to be a real pilot, so this game is the next best thing. I get killed alot but, all i have to do is hit the reset button. You don't have that luxury in real life.

I like to win, but i enjoy teamwork, cameraderie, and friendly banter win or lose. It's the social aspect that makes it fun!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 10:47:01 AM »
Lesser plane, less advantage, vs superior plane, superior advantage and see who wins. Im not a fan of letting your plane's power dictate the fight, by either running or climbing away. I like fighting people who lock horns and try their best to gain yor six as you do the same.

+1
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
I keep coming back to the game because I enjoy cartoon fighter planes duking it out in the skies.  Every time I take off I'm actually trying to make it back home in more or less one piece and hopefully a lot of victories, but I temper that with the idea that hopefully I'll have to work for them and that's why most my sorties end with a smoking crater and debris field somewhere on the side of a hill in the MA.  Lately I've switched from my usual 38J to the 38G and since apparently I'm a masochist the P-39D as well (all my squaddies think I'm nuts).  I find success in these planes from earlier in the war a lot more satisfying. Plus they also serve the purpose of feeding the other thing that keeps me playing this silly game, I'm currently obsessed with learning everything I can about the war in New Guinea during 1942 and 1943.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
Lesser plane, less advantage, vs superior plane, superior advantage and see who wins. Im not a fan of letting your plane's power dictate the fight, by either running or climbing away. I like fighting people who lock horns and try their best to gain yor six as you do the same.

+2
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
I fly the Corsair, and I fly to her strengths: If I'm one on one I'll get in and mix it up, but if it's a large furball I work from the top and the edges, slashing through, working the drags and setups. I kill, then I go home. I hate getting shot down, but guaranteed you're going to find me in the middle of the fight.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
My philosophy on flying Aces High?  It's to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »
Did someone mention sheep?? :x

I LIKE sheep!
Do YOU like sheep??

I'm here for the sheep eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »

Yes, but that really only is smart in evenly matched planes. Turnfighting a zeke is just stupid.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
Nemesis you would be surprised what you can do with enough practice doing stupid stuff. Eventually you start shooting down the zeke. :)

~AoM~

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
1.Use Bear as bait
2. Steal his kills
3. Curse anyone who kills me as a coward and have my squad mass chat report him ( someday you'll learn AKAK)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
shoot them when they are not looking and run away before the rest knew what hit them.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 10:42:14 PM »
Nemesis you would be surprised what you can do with enough practice doing stupid stuff. Eventually you start shooting down the Zeke. :)

I've killed Zeke's before, but pure turnfighting isn't the smartest thing you can do, you'd do much better to slash him, and keep him low and slow. In the weeds if possible, he has no room to maneuver, and not enough E to take it vertical.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
My playstyle.

Fly planes at random and do pretty decently in all of them.

And i like to shoot down advanced planes in my poopy early war inferior planes.

Ie. killing a spixteen in my Spit MkI