Author Topic: Hangars and Ack Reupping  (Read 5549 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Re: Hangars and Ack Reupping
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
Your losing me here. You started out by saying you didnt get a base take because things didnt stay down long enough and now your saying its a hypothetical situation? :huh
Look, it's really easy, I'll use small words and Hemmingway Style subject verb sentences for you...
Hangars Reup Too Quickly.
Bring Supplies To Reup Them.
Kill Supplies To Keep Them Down.

If that don't clear the fog, then here's some more modern lingo...
10 Minutes sucks.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »
This is like watching a dead horse get beat, for crying out loud   :cry  You take a force to capture a Base or Town, have ample troops not just 1 goon, Fly in  :airplane: drop your assigned target, if you miss your wingman drops it heavy Jabbo's or 51's  is  more than enough fire power, or plan your mission same force and do a Noe run Hvy 110's will level a town and Field if properly done. all boils down to IF you can't take it in ten minutes then you really don't deserve It, Simple point, Simple System to understand, i mean how much time do you need?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »
Look, it's really easy, I'll use small words and Hemmingway Style subject verb sentences for you...

10 Minutes sucks.
-Twitchy

I shudder to think of the whines our resident community dinner theater thespian would have posted if he had played AW with the 5 minute limit to capture a field.  Actually, in hindsight it would probably be just as amusing as his whines are now.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

10 Minutes sucks.
-Twitchy

:rofl  :lol :rofl
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »
try again sparkydoodle. you quoted the first line only.
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot

Your Original Post...
Sheesh. While knits and rooks fought overhead last night,we took the base out from under BOTH of them. Very little planning needed,just a few GV's to drop the town and in rolled an M3 and a goon. Sometimes a skilled understanding of the situation between a handful of people is all ya need. And sometimes ya just get lucky.
 Your mission failed due to poor planning or just dumb luck. Your goon prob got nailed while everyone fought over who killed the convoy :rofl

My Reply...
Quote from: DrDea on Today at 12:56:43 PM
Sheesh. While knits and rooks fought overhead last night,we took the base out from under BOTH of them. Very little planning needed,just a few GV's to drop the town and in rolled an M3 and a goon. Sometimes a skilled understanding of the situation between a handful of people is all ya need. And sometimes ya just get lucky.
 Your mission failed due to poor planning or just dumb luck. Your goon prob got nailed while everyone fought over who killed the convoy :rofl

Actually we're pretty proficient at taking bases, Pigs always have been, but that doesn't make a ten miunte reup time anymore realistic when there's no supplies getting to the field.

Which part of it do you think I missed?
-Twitchy

AckAck, I played Air Warrior, I've played War Birds, I've played Falcon, Microsoft Flight Sim, and I've played just about every other flying game that's been out there, what's amusing is that you think that matters to anybody.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »
 Um.... I dont think he was talking about MY post here. Wow. A veritable plethora of  :headscratch:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot

Your Original Post...
My Reply...
Which part of it do you think I missed?
-Twitchy

AckAck, I played Air Warrior, I've played War Birds, I've played Falcon, Microsoft Flight Sim, and I've played just about every other flying game that's been out there, what's amusing is that you think that matters to anybody.

you quoted the first line only.....from this post.

Quote from: twitchy on Today at 12:09:30 PM
No I'm not, and most of us never have, we're all here for fighting or we'd be playing tetris. Like I said before it's a crap stereotype, furballers have created this because they are too damned lazy or self involved to defend a base or run supplies. We do take bases with the current settings, but what good does taking the hangars down do anybody if they just pop back up in ten minutes? Apparently you didn't read my entire post or you're missing the point, RESUPPLY the base to get those hangars back up, if your supply lines are undefended or if you're too busy score hoin to be bothered with this aspect of the game, then you deserve to loose that base, and ulitmately the war. When a field is supressed, up from another field and hurry over there to defend it, or 'gasp', resupply it.

i'm a furballer.

i will defend a base when necessary. i've run many a supply run. i've run troops. i've brought em in a c-47.

i've bnz'd, i've bombed, i've shelled things from boats, i've gv'd.

the only people trying to create stereotypes are people like you.

yet, when i said you quoted only the first line, this was your response.

Quote from: CAP1 on Today at 01:14:33 PM
i like how you only quoted the part that was convenient for your continued arguing.  Paranoia! ROFL!
I quoted your entire post, so uh...  Excuse me?!?!  headscratch ...what's your point? Moot, that's what.
-Twitchy

ya understand now, or should i type really slow for ya? :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
how can one person be so ignorant?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »

You must not have played AW for very long or never got out of the newbie arena if you think the respawn timer in AH is too short or played WB for very long for that matter as well, if at all. 

ack-ack

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
you quoted the first line only.....from this post.

Quote from: twitchy on Today at 12:09:30 PM
No I'm not, and most of us never have, we're all here for fighting or we'd be playing tetris. Like I said before it's a crap stereotype, furballers have created this because they are too damned lazy or self involved to defend a base or run supplies. We do take bases with the current settings, but what good does taking the hangars down do anybody if they just pop back up in ten minutes? Apparently you didn't read my entire post or you're missing the point, RESUPPLY the base to get those hangars back up, if your supply lines are undefended or if you're too busy score hoin to be bothered with this aspect of the game, then you deserve to loose that base, and ulitmately the war. When a field is supressed, up from another field and hurry over there to defend it, or 'gasp', resupply it.

i'm a furballer.

i will defend a base when necessary. i've run many a supply run. i've run troops. i've brought em in a c-47.

i've bnz'd, i've bombed, i've shelled things from boats, i've gv'd.

the only people trying to create stereotypes are people like you.

yet, when i said you quoted only the first line, this was your response.

Quote from: CAP1 on Today at 01:14:33 PM
i like how you only quoted the part that was convenient for your continued arguing.  Paranoia! ROFL!
I quoted your entire post, so uh...  Excuse me?!?!  headscratch ...what's your point? Moot, that's what.
-Twitchy

ya understand now, or should i type really slow for ya? :D

This is ridiculous!

Go to the MA and have fun, duke it out there but be warned. This is will happen.

Twicthy will take your base.
Waystin will take your entire squad out of the air with his wirbelwind, yelling wamo all the way.
Junky, Krupnski & I will keep your air-to-air defenses useless, while waystin 'prepares' for another wirbel run.
and the rest of the guys will bring the troops, clean out your gvs and anything else necessary.

ok, now that I have planted the seeds for more trash talking.. get back too it.  :D

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »

This is ridiculous!

Go to the MA and have fun, duke it out there but be warned. This is will happen.

Waystin will take your entire squad out of the air with his wirbelwind, yelling wamo all the way.
Junky, Krupnski & I will keep your air-to-air defenses useless, while waystin 'prepares' for another wirbel run.
and the rest of the guys will bring the troops, clean out your gvs and anything else necessary.

ok, now that I have planted the seeds for more trash talking.. get back too it.  :D

i always have fun. i don't care if my base gets taken. i'm there for the fun of the fight.

i have no problems with waystin. i've flown with him once or twice. his posts here are generally good. i like the dude. he's a good guy.

your squaddie on the other hand......................... .........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »
lol This has just turned into a pissfest  :rofl   If you cant take it in 10 Min's then give up, you need more help. Hi-Tech doesn't have to change the time limits and there not going to, i gave you the simplest answer to taken a base, but i guess this thread isn't about that anymore now is it.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
lol This has just turned into a pissfest  :rofl   If you cant take it in 10 Min's then give up, you need more help. Hi-Tech doesn't have to change the time limits and there not going to, i gave you the simplest answer to taken a base, but i guess this thread isn't about that anymore now is it.

you just nailed it on the head.

if you're going for a v-base, you have 15 minutes from the first hanger being dropped. a well coordinated attack will easily take a base in that time period.

if not, then like you said.....savor the fight, and move on to the next base/fight.

same for air bases. you have 45 minutes from the first town building being dropped. same thing. you see any buildings pop, move on.

you've probably just put up the most sensible post in 10 pages dude.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2009, 03:36:45 PM »

You will? LOL!  That's just as funny as Twitchy's whine posts.

ack-ack

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »

This is ridiculous!

LOL.Ok all this is true. So why didnt ya take that "Theoretical" base :aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.