Author Topic: Hangars and Ack Reupping  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: Hangars and Ack Reupping
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
This is why people bomb and bail. Take out your targets, bail, then get back there just in time for the targets to pop again. It is like a cycle, see?

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

FH, BH, and VH are all down for 15 minutes only. Town buildings are down for 45 minutes. The change in times for VH, FH, and BH was a
result of AH Community howls! We got what we asked for.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »
They really need 2 arenas. One for a war where strats cripple a side, by staying down and adversely affecting the side. And an arena like the one we have now. Take care of both camps.

~AoM~

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »

BTW, there are a lot of squads out there that can deack a base in less than 2 mins. Of course they have 40 ppl doing it, but that's uber and to be envied. 
  I agree Sun. 40ppl,one would think you could get 2 goon pilets! Problem solved. :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »
This is why people bomb and bail. Take out your targets, bail, then get back there just in time for the targets to pop again. It is like a cycle, see?
Most sense made so far on this thread. I hate bomb & bail types though.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »
There it is, I think you summed up my entire point, well said. When I first started playing AH, taking bases and winning the war was something to work for, a goal requiring cooperation and teamwork that actively rewarded those attributes with perk points and a new map. Now with the bases near impossible to take with the teamwork oriented few left to this game, it's lost something that was important IMO. Yeah, furballing is fun, I get that, but so was accomplishing a reset and getting fields. Maybe it's the players that have changed more so than the game, I don't know but it's missing something that it had.

"And what in all of hell does resupplying bases and my so called "ego" have to do with school punishment?"
-Bipolar
 Exactly... :lol
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 12:38:19 AM »
So we up in formation heavy, fly to an enemy field, deack and drop the VH and work the town over, we even bust the resupply convoy. Oops, the goon gets shot down, so we reup another goon and bring it back in. What do you know, the VH is back up and the Ack has popped in less time than it takes to return to the field.
-Twitchy

Sounds like incredibly poor strategy to me.  You let your C47 get shot down and then had to wait 10 minutes for another 220 mph goon to get back there. You then let it get shot down by a town ack that had popped.  Ever heard of sweeping a town before the goon is on final approach?  This seems like common sense.  I would have expected a base taking experten such as yourself to be able to overcome such elementary obstacles.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 12:45:52 AM »
I agree with you on the War winning requirements, but I think the increase of ack on the field is a huge factor, deacking is now just about impossible. Yeah it prevents the vulch fests that so many players were whining about, but upping from a field with enemy cons swarming over it was masochistic to begin with.

I've lost count of how many times a lone Manned Ack is missed from the "would be vultchers".   Only to have me not only rack up 9+ kills, but land them.   If you attack a field without a gameplan formulated, you can expect the result to be a Charlie Foxtrot.   But it's fun watching an overlooked mistake such as the Manned Gun, be the undoing of a failed capture. 

As for upping a "vultched field".    That is what an La7 with only 25% fuel is for.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 12:59:44 AM »
I would have expected a base taking experten such as yourself to be able to overcome such elementary obstacles.

Maybe you've missed the oinkings, we still take bases, rather efficiently thankee.

On the old AH1 pizza map, Pigs had nights where we would take 20+fields, (yes, opposed so spare me). A dedicated squad could make a difference in the war, get a zone base, pork the fuel on the surrounding bases, reset the map... now we're lucky to be able to get two or three fields in a night and resets are a rarity. There's no real sense of goals now, it's just an endless cycle of getting killed in ack, or furballing over a field no one wants to even try to deack because of the Star Wars laser beam death star guns, especially on these smaller maps. Of course that's the way 'alot' of players wanted it, but there's alot of players who enjoyed the way it was.
Maybe I am just whining, but there's just something missing now.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »
A dedicated squad could make a difference in the war,

What war?  The only wars that have any immersion at all take place in Snapshots, Scenarios, and FSO.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 05:10:36 AM »
What war?  The only wars that have any immersion at all take place in Snapshots, Scenarios, and FSO.

+5

MA war is like Spring Training baseball. You go through the motions, improve your skills, but anyone who really cares about the outcome cares too much.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »
As some of you know, I just got back a few week's ago from a 2 year break and never remember the Ack being this bad . I had six kill's last night and the maned gun get's me at 1.5K out . WHAT !
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
I agree with twitchy, I miss the team work of several squads working together to take bases!

When I first started playing AH, taking bases and winning the war was something to work for, a goal requiring cooperation and teamwork that actively rewarded those attributes with perk points and a new map. Now with the bases near impossible to take with the teamwork oriented few left to this game, it's lost something that was important IMO. Yeah, furballing is fun, I get that, but so was accomplishing a reset and getting fields. Maybe it's the players that have changed more so than the game, I don't know but it's missing something that it had.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 09:51:24 AM »
The original premise was that down times had changed, making it harder to take bases.

Others pointed out that down times haven't changed.

So, why is it harder to take bases now as opposed to "previously", whenever that was?

I'm missing the problem that needs to be fixed, since the original premise appears to be false.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
I know whats missing !!!! It's called skill !!!

Today too many people hide in the horde. They don't need to get better at anything. if they miss, the 4 guys right behind him will get it. In the old days it took 2 guys 2-3 passes to deack a field. They have now increased the number of acks. Know what it takes now? 20+ guys because they have trouble hitting the ground except with there plane ! (read lawn dart) With a little skill 3 guys could deack a field in 2-3 passes, but nobody wants to take the time to learn that. Why should they bother?

10-12 guys with some planning and a bit of skill should be able to roll any number of bases. Small maps will be tougher due to the concentration of players but it still can be done, all that is lacking is skill.