Author Topic: WINDOWS encountered critical problem...etc  (Read 1400 times)

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
WINDOWS encountered critical problem...etc
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »
Greetings:

Having BIG problems in getting started on my PC as I keep getting this ERROR MSG:

"Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute.
    Please save your work!"

In one minute it logs me off then restarts again, flashes the error msg, logs me off etc... in a LOOP.
Sometimes the PC starts OK, this is one of the times, thereby I'm asking for ur help in fixing this
problem.

Ur courtesies & assistance are invited.  Thx.
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
Re: WINDOWS encountered critical problem...etc
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:59 PM »
sounds like a virus. virus is causing the system to go haywire, repeat the cycle. Take the computer to any computer place and have them wipe the memory and give you a clean slate.
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
sounds like a virus. virus is causing the system to go haywire, repeat the cycle. Take the computer to any computer place and have them wipe the memory and give you a clean slate.
What makes you think this is a virus rather then a driver problem.  Virus's tend to like when you can get into your system so they can take to the virus writter and maybe spread to other systems via the net, email, capturing email addresses etc.  When you shut your system down the memory is cleared "wiped".  This is acting more like a memory issue .  Try starting your system in "Safe Mode" then you want to go into the "Event Viewer" and look for what is failing to start or causing the conflict.  If you can not boot in safe mode and your comfy with opening your case and taking out your memory stick(s), if you have more then one replace only one stick and start your system (follow all safe procedures when removing and handling components), you also may want to try re-seating your video card.  If this does not work then you may have to re-install the OS (make sure you have the install key and the media to re-install).

TD

EDIT:  If the event viewer shows a bad Windows file you can extract it from the OS disk or find it via the net on another system.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
Like I said in the other thread you have going... bad ActiveX control.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
Like I said in the other thread you have going... bad ActiveX control.
LOL I didn't notice, good insight  :bolt:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 06:46:34 AM »
A DXDIAG output would be very helpful in starting to diagnose this problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
What makes you think this is a virus rather then a driver problem.  Virus's tend to like when you can get into your system so they can take to the virus writter and maybe spread to other systems via the net, email, capturing email addresses etc.  When you shut your system down the memory is cleared "wiped".  This is acting more like a memory issue .  Try starting your system in "Safe Mode" then you want to go into the "Event Viewer" and look for what is failing to start or causing the conflict.  If you can not boot in safe mode and your comfy with opening your case and taking out your memory stick(s), if you have more then one replace only one stick and start your system (follow all safe procedures when removing and handling components), you also may want to try re-seating your video card.  If this does not work then you may have to re-install the OS (make sure you have the install key and the media to re-install).

Well, I know that viruses can do many adverse things to a computer system. I didn't think about a driver issue, that may be the problem as well, thanks for catching that.

Eagleclaw
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »
Gentlemen:
Pardon my late response to ur suggestions, it's just that I was being logged off & on in a loop w/o being able to do anything about it!  I was able to at long last to start my systems in "SAFE MODE", but unable to access AHII bbs.

Fortunately in an auspicious moment I was logged on & tried Chalenge's sugges-
tion but to no avail, likewise Tildeath's & everybody elses, all with negative results.  Tried for info on Google & was advised to type in the command under RUN :  shutdown -a, to shut the system down automatically & clear whatever errors were there.   It worked but I wasn't able to logon as EVERYTHING was shut down!

Tried again by typing: shutdown -r (shuts down & restarts the computer) everything was still shut down, however. I found the answer to restart EVERY-
THING, thereby the reason for my delay in my grateful replies to you.  Thx every1
for ur attempts to help me.

Skuzzy, a "DXDIAG" was mailed to u for ur assistance.  TY.

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »
Windows is a Critical problem..................

Sorry Just could not resist that  :devil
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh hhhhhhhhhh, frivolity, frivolity all is frivolity

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »
I had an issue with Windows Update. Wouldn't let me boot, safe mode, startup repair ect, ect...so I did a chat seesion with MS Tech support in India.  Repair procedure for 0x00001CF5. Purchase and Install Windows 7. :huh :headscratch: Hmmm nice solution to a Vista update issue
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver