Author Topic: Why the number imbalance in frame 1  (Read 653 times)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Why the number imbalance in frame 1
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
The primary reason for the numbers imbalance in frame 1 has to do with the squad attendance.

11 of the 18 allied squads were either at their minimum commitment number or below it.

The allied squads can range from 184 to 249 players given their respective commitment numbers.

The axis squads can range from 228 to 314 players given their commitments. It just so happened that in frame 1, 191 allied pilots had to face 284 axis pilots.

I hope that explains to everyone why it worked out the way it did. That should give every squad a good reason to work on improving attendance for the next frame.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline akbmzawy

• Copper Member
Re: Why the number imbalance in frame 1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »
Might be with the new rules that squad attendance is down.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

I don't understand this remark.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »
Insert Quote
Might be with the new rules that squad attendance is down.    :headscratch:

Is there anybody in AH thats happy about anything????    :rolleyes:.    Every setup in at least the last 6 months has been picked over like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.  Its either plane set, maps, side splits, rules, alt caps, wind, or lack there of, or whatever else people can complain about.  I know its human nature to complain, but this is getting plain nuts.   I do NOT particulary agree with all the rules and setups my self, but I roll with it due to the fact, that VERY few people are spending their FREE time, trying to make something enjoyable for around 400 to 600 people for 2 hours, 3 times a month. And I love flying with my squaddies, it is the highlight of playing this game!

If there is a problem with rules or whatever else, adjust to it, but don't slam those who are trying to make it work for the other 500 people who are paying their money, just like you are.  The latest rule changes have obviously hit a nerve with the AK's,  not sure why, and frankly I don't care why, its your deal, not mine.   If they kept FSO 100% realistic to the actual battles, there would be many who would not participate at all.  As it is now, being short on planes that were in the actual battles, but we do not have in AH, its already a pain in the a--.

I think myself that if there are people out there who want things changed, then become a CM, get on the team, present your case and show why its needed, write a setup, and run it.  Last I knew they were looking for a couple people, it may be a good opportunity to get in the door now.

Lastly, if all else fails, well then your left with lowering your commit numbers, and having to deal with it.  Sorry to be blunt about it, but I don't sugar coat things, thats just me.  Also don't let the fact that I'm in the 332nd fool ya, cause if I was an AK, I guarentee ya, this very same post would go up, word for word.   Adapt, overcome, and move forward.

:salute

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
What new rules are we talking about?  I still don't get it. :headscratch:  Yeah, I know that's nothing new. :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »
I don't see the problem...someone was actually complaining about the numbers? 191 to 284 is pretty close to a 55/45 split which was what this FSO was supposed to be.

We had 2 down because of computer problems, RL issues for a couple more and 2 jumped out at the beginning of the frame because the orders we received weren't clear on how the airstarts were supposed to work and the ensuing comms breakdown trying to get the right info was too much to handle...no biggie, we did the best we could with what we had.

What new rules?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »
I was more than fine with the number split I coulda enjoyed another 3rd more targets to shoot at and decimate in my superior p40! 5 kills 3 assists and 1 500 lber bomb to slay 14 cv targets and yet I still hungered for more targets! my squad layed down some serious law against any and all of the japanese that dared face our disciplined rage!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
I don't see the problem...someone was actually complaining about the numbers? 191 to 284 is pretty close to a 55/45 split which was what this FSO was supposed to be.

USAAF stats:
Pilots: 194 Kills: 188 Assists: 162
Objects Destroyed: 134 Deaths: 166 Landed: 104
Bailed: 12 Captured: 14 Crashed: 15
Ditched: 15 Disco'd: 14

Japanese stats:
Pilots: 290 Kills: 189 Assists: 122
Objects Destroyed: 120 Deaths: 139 Landed: 340
Bailed: 31 Captured: 33 Crashed: 39
Ditched: 15 Disco'd: 17

It was more like a 60/40 split axis advantage.  
I dont think the complaining was necessarily about the numbers or split per se, but more about what those numbers comprised in plane sets, might be more about the number and split between bombers and fighters on a side against the other.

Axis had nearly 100 players more but what were they? 
They did have B5N's but dont know the amount of all the others. What was the makeup of plane sets. 
Allied had 17's  but without the numbers to attack a 17 your not going to kill one in a zero by itself thats for sure.

Who knows, Rules change?  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:17:57 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
With the allotted ranges for squad commitments, the sides can vary greatly.

With the current squad assignments it can range from 36/64 in favor of the axis, all the way to 52/48 in favor of the allies.

Attendance is just one of the many factor's I have to consider when working on the side assignments.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »
Any squads in need of pilots, Im available if needed. Just send a PM.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27