Author Topic: Headsets  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Headsets
« on: November 10, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Does anyone know any good gaming headsets that will last more than a few months for around $50.
I've had a logitech and Plantronics and both have had one side stop working even though I've been extremely careful with them.
I tried searching the forums but couldn't find a good answer.

Any suggestions guys?
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: Headsets
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
I use Logitech 350 model I got from Walmart that cost about $35-$40. Been using them for about 6 months now and no problems.
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »
I use Logitech 350 model I got from Walmart that cost about $35-$40. Been using them for about 6 months now and no problems.

Ok thanks!
Looked for them on walmarts web page and couldn't find them so I'll go out to walmart and see if they got em at hte store here.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »
I use a pair of AKG K-44 headphones which deliver amazing sound quality ($20-$35), and a $15 Gigaware earpiece with the sound playback cord not plugged in. They work pretty well in conjunction, and are going on 12 months this week.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »
I have a Turtle Beach X1 headset, its really nice. it works with PC as well as Xbox live. great for Search and Destroy on Call of Duty, u can hear the bomb being planted from across the map.

OEF 11-12

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
I been using the "Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset" for the past year and they were only $35 or something like that. They have good sound quality, a good mic, and fit comfortably on the head. The only drawback is that they sit on the actual ears not around them.

they have a mute key and volume adjust keys on the right headphone making it very easy to adjust the volume.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:17:17 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:18:21 PM »
I been using the "Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset" for the past year and they were only $35 or something like that. They have good sound quality, a good mic, and fit comfortably on the head. The only drawback is that they sit on the actual ears not around them.

(Image removed from quote.)

they have a mute key and volume adjust keys on the right headphone making it very easy to adjust the volume.
Took the words right out of my mouth the clearchat are great.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »
All the logitech headsets I have owned usually die within 6 months. I have a plantronics that might of came from staples that hasnt let me down yet
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
Koss SB/45

Less than $30 on Amazon (shipping included).  I bought my pair a year ago, still look and work brand new (even after a couple angry tosses to the ground  :furious)  Highly recommended.

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:35 AM »
I purchased this headset about a month and a half ago. The speakers are in the band across the headset and pipes guide the sound to the openings at the front or the rear of the cup of the headset to better simulate 3D sound.

Pricey, but a nice unit. I had to reinforce the mic on it, otherwise its a great design.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions! Their much appreciated!  Now I just have to figure out which set i like best  :)

BTW someone told me that the Saitek Pro Flight is a great set. But their a little out of my price range at the moment. Anyone know if there worth using for AH?

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
My comfortable lightweight headset was handed to me by a very pretty air hostess on a flight to Tenerife; needed it to listen to the in-flight movie soundtrack. Cost me £2.00 ten years ago, has never given me any problems and it's perfectly adequate for AH sounds.

:cool:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:44 PM »
I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FY7LBQ/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

And they work very very well...note the flexible steel covering on the mic boom and they have a nice long cord attached...very clear sound.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 12:45:33 AM »
 I have the turtle beach Earforce X1

http://www.turtlebeach.com/Portals/0/images/Products/EF_X1/diagrams/X1_Details.jpg

lasted for a year so far, I believe it was 49.99 when I bought them.

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 12:49:05 AM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC