Author Topic: More spitfires?!!  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: More spitfires?!!
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »
There's a clipped Mk. V in FA, I take it's an Ve?

:lol  i was about to mention that but then I remembered FA is a crap game for weak pilots who are better off here.   :aok

5 years gone by nearly.   But yea it rocked  the 16 haters  will have a new ride to hate on.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
:lol  i was about to mention that but then I remembered FA is a crap game for weak pilots who are better off here.   :aok

5 years gone by nearly.   But yea it rocked  the 16 haters  will have a new ride to hate on.

I couldn't find any info about a Spitfire Mk. Ve on the Spitfire performance website. I take it FA just made that model up?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:45 PM »
Can't we have them all . Man I guess I am going to be unpopular . I would love to see EVERY plane from WW2 here . WTH maybe even a UFO arena with all of the stuff that ALMOST made it into action .

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
There's a clipped Mk. V in FA, I take it's an Ve?

No such animal as a Ve.

Also clipped is independent of wing armament type. Spits from the V onwards could be clipped, typically on C wings, and from the IX onwards on C and E wings.

Our old LF Vc with the Merlin 55M would have been even better clipped, shame it's gone :-( .
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »
how many people fly the two newest planes now?  since its not a novelty anymore, very few people up in them.

Brewster is now averaging roughly 2500 kills per tour which puts it about middle in the kills scored per plane list. Higher than things like F4U-1 and P-38G for example. It's being flown.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 02:06:52 AM »
No such animal as a Ve.

Also clipped is independent of wing armament type. Spits from the V onwards could be clipped, typically on C wings, and from the IX onwards on C and E wings.

Our old LF Vc with the Merlin 55M would have been even better clipped, shame it's gone :-( .

Thanks for clearing that up for me Kev. :aok

Our old LF Vc would have been a mini monster with clipped wings. Wasn't it just a little slower then our Mk. 9?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:10:17 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
the spit V did come clipped as the (gets my spit book ) LF VC  and LF VB . most of the med and NA spit V's were clipped as high aly work was done by spit IX by that time of the war (in Italy). i have operational photos to prove.  On the 4 20mm note .  Spit VIII in the far east would fit the 4 20mm when they were given ground pounding rolls (quite common by the end of the Burma campaign)

the seafire Mk XV saw service in 1944 and was griffon engined  climb rate of 4000 Ft per min and top speed of 390 Mph . It also had the Mk V 20mm cannon wich had a higher rate of fire and shorter barrel.
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"