Author Topic: Upcoming FSO Schedule  (Read 603 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Upcoming FSO Schedule
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »
Awhile back DD released a tentative schedule of what the upcoming FSOs were scheduled to be.  I was wondering if we could get a schedule like that again??  Was kinda nice to plan the Axis/Allied selection based upon what was upcoming.

If it is at all possible, it would be appreciated.

Thanks  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Upcoming FSO Schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »
Let me see if I can update that for you guys today.  :salute
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »
Some of the below designs are dependent on the terrain being completed, new aircraft, and other design issues, so they are not written in stone.

Dec – Admin daddog - Europe early 1945
Jan – Admin Stoney – Hungary or Eastern Front, summer 1944
Feb – Admin Squire – Japan 1945 or a Solomons 1943 design
March – Admin Ghostdancer – Greece 1941
April – Admin Baumer – Early North Africa
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:08:07 AM »
Thanks DD!  :aok

“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »
Question...can anyone submit an FSO design? I haven't seen any directions on the "hows and whats" and I have an idea or two.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
I've posted a couple ideas here, but so far nothing more than a bit of discussion (Bismarck Sea, Wake Island "What If?", Rabaul, Project Danny "What If?"). Main issue is maps (we need V1 sites for Project Danny, and there's no maps for Rabaul or the Wake and Marshals area, IIRC) or plane set (Bismarck Sea and Rabaul).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »
Question...can anyone submit an FSO design? I haven't seen any directions on the "hows and whats" and I have an idea or two.

As a group, we're always welcome to ideas for setups.  Some ideas we've received in the past have been broad concepts whereas some have been very detailed, complete with rules and plane sets.  That being said, ideas are simply that--ideas.  If we feel they will work, we'll use them, and give credit to the catalyst.  Unfortunately, as Saxman alluded, we do have some issues that prevent us from running some setups; most of the time these are map or aircraft shortages, but sometimes its purely a matter of playability.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
 :cheers: Thanks for the info fellas...gives me something to mull over during the turkey day weekend...  :headscratch:  :joystick:

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 02:15:45 PM »
Stoney pretty much spelled it out.

For me personally, I am very open to players designing FSO’s, but it is problematic. The initial design is the easy part. Coming up with a time, theatre, plane set is pretty painless. After that the work begins and much of it has to be done on the events site. Actually writing up the event and then uploading it to the events site. Checking the terrain and all the settings you’re using in the frames. Looking up a squads history, ride and the dividing them up. Picking CiC’s and make sure you have not saddled someone with the duty more than others. Working on the objectives for each frame which by itself can take several hours. Sending out the objectives and then scoring after each frame. Unfortunately much of this can only be done by CM’s because of the privileges they have in the SEA and the AH Events site. If someone was able to talk an Admin CM into co-designing an event then they could work together through much of this, but it would take an Admin CM even more time as they would have to explain many of the do’s and don’ts that go into an FSO design, and I have not even listed all the Admin CM’s have to do.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »
It would take some work, but if you could build a manual of items that need to be done to create an FSO event it would help all involved understand the process. It would effectively open the event to the creativity of all. Providing  a sort of templet to fill out for the historical details needed, game play issues addressed, and weather involved might streamline the process and simplify the job of the CM team telling a player where their design fell short.
Valkyrie1