Author Topic: Question....  (Read 2305 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: Question....
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 08:11:10 PM »
Falc...Sweetie...you always leave me  satisfied. Especially on Fridays!

Fridays are the BESTEST...maybe you are missing those moments the most!!!  :cheers:
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2009, 08:52:31 PM »
It happens Nate, for the first time since AW died I've let my account in here lapse. I've decided that the unused charge was better off as rum & cokes in my belly or as green fees at the golf course :)   As Steve said, I've always found ways to balance the game with other things to keep it interesting to me. If you take a break, whether it's a short one or an extened one, when you come back it will be the same exciting game that you remember from days past :)

My squaddies and buddies on here was the main reason I kept the account active without playing for so long! Can't wait for Dayton again next year, you had better be there!!!!

Pete

p.s. Happy B-Day~!

I wish you'd come back.  Whenever I get online no one is on.  I enjoyed talking to you at Dayton, but never hear from you in game  :cry

Soulution = Buy Modern Warfare 2 :)

Lot of time going into that game right now  ;)

NATE:

Stick with it man, maybe take a break now and then.  You are one of the few players that I can actually have a sensible conversation with in this game.  :aok
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
Soulution = Buy Modern Warfare 2 :)
YES!!  lmao  :lol   definitely a great game.  :banana:

:salute SWkiljoy
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

Stick with it man, maybe take a break now and then.  You are one of the few players that I can actually have a sensible conversation with in this game.  :aok
OK when did you start this sensible stuff ??

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
After a 2 month break from AH  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »
  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.

Is this wrong?
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »

Is this wrong?

absolutely :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2009, 01:18:56 AM »
Lately I have been finding AH dull.  I've been tried everything from flying high ENY planes, to GVing using M8s, to dogfighting in TBMs and SBDs.  Currently my squaddies are are the only thing that motivates me to fly.

It seems that I am having trouble finding fun in the MAs as of late. The same maps come up over and over, which produce the exact same fights from week to week.  I see a lot of horde vs horde tactics, pick and run, gang and run.  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.  Which really just blew my mind. 

It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down.  Example:  I seen a large darbar at a rook field.  I was already in a Brewster so I head over there to see what is going on.  I see 6-7 spitfires upping.  I look around and its just me.  Then here come the 6-7 spits all fighting each other for the assist.    :rolleyes:

So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 

Track down a book on something about the airwar in WW2 you don't know about.  Whenever I get too bored with it, I do that and learn all I can about something else.  Then it's time to fly the bird in question and do something dumb :)

I've pointed a few of the 80th guys to my favorite fighter pilot book  "Nanette" by Edwards Park.  He flew 39s in the early part of the war in the Pacific.  THe 80th also few 39s early before the 38s so when all else fails a few of us will hop in 39Ds or Qs and throw ourselves into the crowd.  If that doesn't work, light B25C strafers are good fun to take out on the deck looking for shipping to strafe.

It's usually the history that gets me going again.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Is this wrong?

No. Just means he probably can't fight well yet.

This is a game... he should jump in and try to improve.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:16:28 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
Dan, you know any good books about the 20th FG??

Thats how I feel Shuffler.  Typically I fly the 51B, and I know low and slow on the deck with Spits is a bad place to be, but it doesn't stop me from trying.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »
Ya know Copperhead, I have to lump you in with todays youth as you folks have no stamina.  There are lots of us in here that have been doing this stuff non-stop for years and don't suffer the burnout that you are suffering.  I've been playing nonstop since 1995 and the only break I took was in 1999 when I suffered a massive skull fracture and was down for 3 months.  There are a lot of guys here that have been non-stop much longer from back in the DOS days and the SVGA AirWarrior days.  I may be wrong but it seems that you have let the game become more than just a distraction from the real world.  Most of us "old-timers" come here for stress relief from our real world lives and you could consider it group therapy for those of us that don't seek professional help :D.  If you are now bored with the gameplay, try something else to distract you and then come back when you are ready.  Where else can you get together with a bunch of friends and have fun for a while and still make it to work and deal with your wife and children or grandchildren, while retaining a bit of sanity?  It's all about priorities and only YOU know what they will be and where this game falls in the list.  I hope you regain the desire to play but only you can decide what ya wanna do.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »
SORRY ABOUT THE SEXTUPLET POSTS  :O :O

My browser never finished loading the 'post successful' page, and when I hit refresh it didn't show me as having posted...so I keep hitting the button...and tried again later...and came in here just now expecting to find zero posts by me...I FAILED!
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
Dan, you know any good books about the 20th FG??

Thats how I feel Shuffler.  Typically I fly the 51B, and I know low and slow on the deck with Spits is a bad place to be, but it doesn't stop me from trying.

There is a Squadron Signal book on the 20th FG by Ron Mackay.  Jack Illfrey wrote a book on his experiences with both the 1st and the 20th FG called "Happy Jack's Go Buggy" that is good also
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
"Happy Jack's Go Buggy"

I saw the Happy Jack Go Buggy P-51D at the Wings Over Houston Airshow a couple of weeks ago.  See was a bute.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »
I saw the Happy Jack Go Buggy P-51D at the Wings Over Houston Airshow a couple of weeks ago.  See was a bute.

I didn't make it to the show again. Saw a 24 fly over my home though :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)