Author Topic: Question....  (Read 2304 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Question....
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
Lately I have been finding AH dull.  I've been tried everything from flying high ENY planes, to GVing using M8s, to dogfighting in TBMs and SBDs.  Currently my squaddies are are the only thing that motivates me to fly.

It seems that I am having trouble finding fun in the MAs as of late. The same maps come up over and over, which produce the exact same fights from week to week.  I see a lot of horde vs horde tactics, pick and run, gang and run.  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.  Which really just blew my mind. 

It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down.  Example:  I seen a large darbar at a rook field.  I was already in a Brewster so I head over there to see what is going on.  I see 6-7 spitfires upping.  I look around and its just me.  Then here come the 6-7 spits all fighting each other for the assist.    :rolleyes:

So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Question....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »
So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 

Same here.....

Without special events I would have quit this game a long time ago, even then its getting to the point of diminishing returns.

Strip

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
I take time off from the game to play other games or do other things. Sometimes for a couple 3 months at a time.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
If a squaddie comes up with a re-donk-ulous idea, don't just chuckle at it, do it!  Oh, dares and bets are fun too!  It always leads to some fun times. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down. 

More likely that your concept of what a "quality fight" is went up as you got more experienced.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
Sometimes I get tired of this game too.I just go play another game for a few days.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »
 Our squad always Fly the FSO's and Wednesday Snapshots, you get to fly with alot of people you usually don't fly with, and its also a good change of pace    :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »
You just make sure you show up for Frame 4.  I'll show you an exciting time my evil counterpart. :neener:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
I don't have time for FSO or the other organized event they put on. I'm stuck with the MA's. I spend most of my free time looking for a fight... and no Lusche my expectations havn't risen with MY skill as I really don't have much as it is  :D .

To me the game has become the same way as I play golf. I spend the whole day swearing, hooking balls, slicing in to the woods and so on, but then I'll get that one perfect shot, and I know I'll be back again. Flying for me is the same, I'll spend the night looking for a good fight and will put up with the gangs of spits running to the ack, co alt guys split-s'in from 12k to the deck, and all those "skilled" players doing nothing but trying to ho me just to get that one good fight. Maybe its once a night, sometimes it's only once a week, but it's what brings me back.

The game has certainly turned into a slum again. 90% of the players couldn't fight there way out of a paper bag! There skill extends to but not much father past tuning the same channel as the rest of the horde. "smack talk" use to be in jest and fun, now its all personal, designed to push someone over the edge and ruin their night. Missions are all about numbers, not strategy. The game has been taken over by "gamers" and all they know how to do is win the game.

I think if HTC set up the arenas so that at the top of the hour the war would be won in a different arena you could get all the "gamers" to rotate through all of the arenas JUST to be there to win the war. At least the rest of us could have a couple hours of fun while they are chasing the rotation.  :aok

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
It happens Nate, for the first time since AW died I've let my account in here lapse. I've decided that the unused charge was better off as rum & cokes in my belly or as green fees at the golf course :)   As Steve said, I've always found ways to balance the game with other things to keep it interesting to me. If you take a break, whether it's a short one or an extened one, when you come back it will be the same exciting game that you remember from days past :)

My squaddies and buddies on here was the main reason I kept the account active without playing for so long! Can't wait for Dayton again next year, you had better be there!!!!

Pete

p.s. Happy B-Day~!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:29:14 PM by DaPup »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
It happens Nate, for the first time since AW died I've let my account in here lapse. I've decided that the unused charge was better off as rum & cokes in my belly or as green fees at the golf course :)   As Steve said, I've always found ways to balance the game with other things to keep it interesting to me. If you take a break, whether it's a short one or an extened one, when you come back it will be the same exciting game that you remember from days past :)

My squaddies and buddies on here was the main reason I kept the account active without playing for so long! Can't wait for Dayton again next year, you had better be there!!!!

Pete

Pete, I'll hold you to that.   I cannot wait to crack jokes with you again.   You've always been a great addition to the game and will be missed, as will Joe.   

Jay
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:55 PM »
Copr has taken to using me in an I-16 as bait
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Sc00ter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »
I take time off from the game to play other games or do other things. Sometimes for a couple 3 months at a time.

Exactly what I do. During this time off I try to come up with new HOing techniques  :x
No Fat Chicks on this Sc00ter

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
Soulution = Buy Modern Warfare 2 :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Lately I have been finding AH dull.  I've been tried everything from flying high ENY planes, to GVing using M8s, to dogfighting in TBMs and SBDs.  Currently my squaddies are are the only thing that motivates me to fly.

It seems that I am having trouble finding fun in the MAs as of late. The same maps come up over and over, which produce the exact same fights from week to week.  I see a lot of horde vs horde tactics, pick and run, gang and run.  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.  Which really just blew my mind. 

It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down.  Example:  I seen a large darbar at a rook field.  I was already in a Brewster so I head over there to see what is going on.  I see 6-7 spitfires upping.  I look around and its just me.  Then here come the 6-7 spits all fighting each other for the assist.    :rolleyes:

Not that I feel like the game has stagnated for me at all really, I'm still working to get better, but, what's been keeping me very very interested in the game lately has been my home situation.  My GF has gotten very very jealous of any playing time I have, so I'm really lucky to get one or two hours a week in.  Having it cut down so severely has really made me want to get in there and play.  Hell, it's taking me my whole playing time just to shake the rust off enough to fly up to a mediocre level.  Just cut your time way back, or even take some time fully off man,  the need will come back to you. 

I have only fought you once that I can remember, but I felt like it was a good fight.  It stuck in my mind at least, and you were personable when we discussed it afterwards.  I think you're a good dude based on my limited experience with you, and the game needs good dudes around.  Take some time off and relax and come on back later man.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/