Author Topic: Rant  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Rant
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
I crashed my first time. :uhoh

No matter. Fun in AH doesnt start until you hit 20eny. The 262 is an exciting aircraft however. I spent a lot of time in the TA with it before upping it again. Not that Im any good in it mind you but I generally dont crash them anymore.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 02:10:34 AM »
I got slow in the first 262 I upped and seriously got shot down by noob dweebier that I was. 
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 03:16:34 AM »
Umm I expected to land the 7 kills I had on it untill the CTD.

Just because I have little time to play lately doesn't mean I don't know how to do it.. I lost all my perks several times when I quit accounts and once when I renamed.

You did land 7 kills one time in the 262 so what is the complaint? :headscratch: ;) Did you get another 7? I was in a 262 you shot down, because you and another 262 were working me over.
At one time your whole airforce was behind me, I was laughing watching all the spits niks and 190s all in a row trying to shoot me. You finally did get the kill
because it was hard to watch you and the other 262. Was a fun fight though.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 05:20:36 AM »

You did land 7 kills one time in the 262 so what is the complaint? :headscratch: ;) Did you get another 7? I was in a 262 you shot down, because you and another 262 were working me over.
At one time your whole airforce was behind me, I was laughing watching all the spits niks and 190s all in a row trying to shoot me. You finally did get the kill
because it was hard to watch you and the other 262. Was a fun fight though.

I'm pretty sure I was the only 262, at least I was the only one that managed to stay on your tail. I don't keep plane icons on friendly so can't say 100% sure. I was in real trouble with you because my deflection aiming with the 30mm sucks due to very little practise. Had several d200-d400 deflection shots but it seems I didn't pull enough lead. I was mostly worried about running out of ammo.

Did you engage the alleged other 262 before I came in? Because I saw 2 rooks furballing low, spotted you higher and started an energy saving climb to engage you.

This, however, has nothing to do with the unfortunate CTD. Only CTD in the whole year and it has to happen when I invest most of my perks *sigh*.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure I was the only 262, at least I was the only one that managed to stay on your tail. I don't keep plane icons on friendly so can't say 100% sure. I was in real trouble with you because my deflection aiming with the 30mm sucks due to very little practise. Had several d200-d400 deflection shots but it seems I didn't pull enough lead. I was mostly worried about running out of ammo.

Did you engage the alleged other 262 before I came in? Because I saw 2 rooks furballing low, spotted you higher and started an energy saving climb to engage you.

This, however, has nothing to do with the unfortunate CTD. Only CTD in the whole year and it has to happen when I invest most of my perks *sigh*.

There were two of you that is why I was trying to stay out of your guns while watching for the other 262. One time looked back and looked like I had a red tail, just a
line of red airplanes. :) As I said you did land 7 just before that fight, is that the 7 you said you lost? The other 262 did stay high when we went low that is why I kept expecting  him
to come booming in.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 01:24:12 AM »
There were two of you that is why I was trying to stay out of your guns while watching for the other 262. One time looked back and looked like I had a red tail, just a
line of red airplanes. :) As I said you did land 7 just before that fight, is that the 7 you said you lost? The other 262 did stay high when we went low that is why I kept expecting  him
to come booming in.

Ok I had no idea of that other 262. My plan was to force you to turn in order to kill you myself or enable my slower teamies to get you. That's why I took the dangerous climbing attack approach. About the CTD, I had about 4 kills gathered when I CTD'd but getting there fast..
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 01:39:59 AM »
count yourself lucky, i spent 80% of my perks tonight on a 262 and got blown up by Ghi in a 500mph deflection shot from 1000yrds from his 100mph IL-2    :neener:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 01:47:44 AM »
count yourself lucky, i spent 80% of my perks tonight on a 262 and got blown up by Ghi in a 500mph deflection shot from 1000yrds from his 100mph IL-2    :neener:

ghi hacks!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 03:34:53 AM »
hehehe, Ghi is one of the best shots in the game and one of the most deadly people to dive on while he is flying that IL2 against vulchers.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:36:45 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 09:09:12 AM »
Good lord you must fly perk planes almost exclusively. I'd have to use more than 22000 perks for 80%.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 09:13:02 AM »
Good lord you must fly perk planes almost exclusively. I'd have to use more than 22000 perks for 80%.

Try to do a name change on arena and you'll find out you're just about 26400 perks lighter.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
Try to do a name change on arena and you'll find out you're just about 26400 perks lighter.
Never understood folks changing their names all the time. Some seam to have a touch of ADD.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:39 AM »
Believe it or not Shuff, my highest ever perk count in fighters was something like 400. I have never bothered to save them up. Everytime i can afford a 262 i fly one and every sortie i end up dying in them.   :furious
What's worse is i don't fly low ENY planes that much. Usualy in my mossie i can earn perks like no man's business. I'm just a spend-a-holic. You don't want to see my real life bank balance

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
Believe it or not Shuff, my highest ever perk count in fighters was something like 400. I have never bothered to save them up. Everytime i can afford a 262 i fly one and every sortie i end up dying in them.   :furious
What's worse is i don't fly low ENY planes that much. Usualy in my mossie i can earn perks like no man's business. I'm just a spend-a-holic. You don't want to see my real life bank balance

:rofl  I never really consider perks as I rearely ever use them. I do see your point though.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
I'm trying to do my best at supporting the AH economy by spending my fighter perks as I get them. And I think I do a fine job. So far I lost due to enemy action:

44 F4U-C    
91 F4U-4    
58 Me 163
87 Me 262   
48 Spit XIV   
229 Tempest  

Total net value: 34,950 fighter perks perks.  :rock

And I made many players happy by giving them the opportunity to shoot down a perktard :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman