Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27657 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »
Gentelmen,

We have all had our differences over the years. Many of you probably think of me only a littel less than the OP of this thread. Can we let this thread die quietly now? I beleive OUR community as a whole is better than this.

None of us is gaining honor here.
Well said.  :salute
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Gentelmen,

We have all had our differences over the years. Many of you probably think of me only a littel less than the OP of this thread. Can we let this thread die quietly now? I beleive OUR community as a whole is better than this.

None of us is gaining honor here.

well said....and for the record, i don't recall seeing bad stuff from you here.,.,.or hearing bad about you in the arenas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2009, 10:46:55 PM »
Bustr, you are right.  We should move on.

But 1st...

:banana:    :x

:salute POTW  Great success!!

Hopefully... unless someone decides to keep the "fun" going  :uhoh Twitchy wanted to turn POTW into a full time base-taking squad, If we wanted to go take bases we'd all go join Dogfite's crew.

I really didnt care what he was saying, I did find his posts on the BBS annoying and when he talked about the "Squad" I wondered if he was tallking about the same squad ive been flying with for 3 years. I heared him over vox in game a few times being a dictator, I just ignored him but if he is going to drive other pigs away I say dont let the door hit him on the way out

Great victory for Pigs and Knightland.  Wtg fellas.   :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »

But 1st...

(Image removed from quote.)

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2009, 06:46:17 AM »

But 1st...

~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2009, 08:12:04 AM »
 :angel:
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »
After about nine years of running and leading a squad, literally every day, then returning to find your best friend has literally erased your legacy, deleted your posts, and claimed responsibility for everything you've done, yeah, you're darn right I'm a little upset about it. Syko waited for all of about a month after I was gone and then started in on how he had always run the Pigs, when I called him out on this, his response to me was "It's my squad now, deal with it son." We had an understanding when I left, and he can claim responsibility for the Pigs on the Wing all he likes, but everybody who's played this game for more than a year knows who's who. If he wants to sit in my chair, scavenge my squad and take credit for what I've done, then that's his problem not mine.
I'm still a Pig, and if I have to start over from scratch then that don't bother me a bit, at least I can do it with a sense of honesty. I was recruiting when I started the Pigs ten years ago, I'll be recruiting tommorow.
Bipol... er I mean Krupinski, stodd, and some of you new Pigs aren't going to remember me, that's fine, but you guys need to know as much as you profess to dislike me, you're flying my legacy. I find that some how amusing.
It's not about base taking, it's about the herd.
Here's a little history lesson, Pigs on the Wing is my squad, I started it, I ran it for almost ten years. I let an unscrupulous person handle things while I was away, and he stabbed me in the back over it. That's the bottom line. It's a base taking squad, always has been, it's where the Oink originated, and it's where the Oink belongs. You can wear the snout and sport the pink skin, but if you're not rooting up real estate and traveling with the herd, then you're not a pig. The difference between Syko and I, all that loyalty he's enjoying from the new guys that's swelling his head, he had to lie about running the squad for ten years to get it. If he was so obsessed with being the big cheese, he should have simply started his own squad instead of scavenging someone elses behind their back.
Oink
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Wow.  :bolt:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2009, 01:23:42 PM »
I feel so guilty that the Hells Angels have so little drama, Angry, where are you when we need you? :rolleyes:

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »

-Twitchy

I actually had a convo. with a squaddie about this last night.  It disturbed me that the founder and Co. was booted from his own squad.  Me and the squaddie had a long talk about history and how import. it is to this hobby, and how so many new (ish) pilots have lost the sense of it.

I bet many of the players would be surprised that you can draw a straight line from AcesHigh back to the very first on-line multiplayer game ever on the internet (AirWarrior) and that all on-line games draw from the WW2 flight sim well.  (what was it... 1988?  87?)

History.

If the founder of my squad (CPID in AW of Spidr or +WM1) wanted to join the WidowMakers, it would go without saying I would welcome him with open arms.  Even if Tony (his name) started talking smack towards me or stepped on my toes I would never in a million years kick the guy.  He EARNED a place in the squad, and a level of respect and honor from all WidowMakers because he was the first, and we all owe him for it.

I am not saying the Pigs should have made Twitchy CO again.  That is their business and I understand that times change; BUT to kick the guy that created and built the squad...

I remember you building that squad Twitchy, even if some don't.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors Twitchy.

S! sir.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
Thank you Lute, I'm glad somebody remembers lol.  :old:
S!
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
I actually had a convo. with a squaddie about this last night.  It disturbed me that the founder and Co. was booted from his own squad.  Me and the squaddie had a long talk about history and how import. it is to this hobby, and how so many new (ish) pilots have lost the sense of it.

I bet many of the players would be surprised that you can draw a straight line from AcesHigh back to the very first on-line multiplayer game ever on the internet (AirWarrior) and that all on-line games draw from the WW2 flight sim well.  (what was it... 1988?  87?)

History.

If the founder of my squad (CPID in AW of Spidr or +WM1) wanted to join the WidowMakers, it would go without saying I would welcome him with open arms.  Even if Tony (his name) started talking smack towards me or stepped on my toes I would never in a million years kick the guy.  He EARNED a place in the squad, and a level of respect and honor from all WidowMakers because he was the first, and we all owe him for it.

I am not saying the Pigs should have made Twitchy CO again.  That is their business and I understand that times change; BUT to kick the guy that created and built the squad...

I remember you building that squad Twitchy, even if some don't.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors Twitchy.

S! sir.
I'm sure there is a lot more involved than we know. I'm not taking sides, but there is always more than meets the eye. At least ours.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »
I actually had a convo. with a squaddie about this last night.  It disturbed me that the founder and Co. was booted from his own squad.

I've given this consideration as well. If Twitchy is the CO and founder, the name stays with him, IMHO.  Guys having a problem with the new direction the CO and founder was taking should have left the squad.

As for the Muppets, Skyrock is the CO, but it's Kappa's squad.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:28:11 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
Well twitchy, look at it this way man, even if you no longer have the pig dynasty, there is always acting!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »
This is not the place to air personal dirty laundry.  There are private venues that would accomplish far more.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!