Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27669 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
Lute...

It was '87 and the Damned were formed in '88 or '89 (havin' a brain fart :)).

We had a "palace coup" in '93. The guy that was "deposed" was a good person...just not a good leader. He deserved (and got) ample credit for keeping the squad alive in a down period. He is still around and still a friend. Of course, one thing we NEVER would have done is to air this crap in public. That is weak stuff (ie., childish).

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2009, 02:33:44 PM »
This is not the place to air personal dirty laundry.  There are private venues that would accomplish far more.

:salute

Way

Sure, let's go discuss this on the POTW forum.  Oh wait, I can't. I had an account there but  my privileges were revoked. I guess my very presence offended someone, considering I never posted anything there that the thinnest skinned virgin-nun would have found offensive.   :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
This is not the place to air personal dirty laundry.  There are private venues that would accomplish far more.

Way

Im curious what some are trying to accomplish.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »
I've given this consideration as well. If Twitchy is the CO and founder, the name stays with him, IMHO.  

An excellent point that I had not considered.

I agree that Twitchy created the Pigs and  the name is his.

Those not wanting to fly with Twitchy should start a new squad.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »

Way
Syko banned me from the POTW forum, deleted my posts, and that time has passed. Waystin, you're a natural leader, and to your credit, a gentleman besides. Whether you know it or not, you're leading the POTW now, and honestly, I can't imagine a better candidate for the job, at the moment.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »
I feel so guilty that the Hells Angels have so little drama, Angry, where are you when we need you? :rolleyes:

Oh really?? Well tell me this Mr Bigshot "CO", why does my key not work anymore and your car is in my parking spot?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
Oh really?? Well tell me this Mr Bigshot "CO", why does my key not work anymore and your car is in my parking spot?
Me CO? No way. Too many coupes going on these days. That's your role.
 I couldn't resist, I always wanted to drive your Pinto :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:20:32 PM by Bear76 »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
Twitchy you bumping this thread may just lose PoTW alot of members.

This is the truth for the community....Twitchy didnt change, PoTW did, we started becoming the sqaud we are now probably just before I joined it(it was actually more about score when I came in to think about it). We had kept this problem in our own private furoms but no it had to come here. We would like it if you dont help this out we were trying to solve this within the sqaud :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
Twitchy you bumping this thread may just lose PoTW alot of members.

This is the truth for the community....Twitchy didnt change, PoTW did, we started becoming the sqaud we are now probably just before I joined it(it was actually more about score when I came in to think about it). We had kept this problem in our own private furoms but no it had to come here. We would like it if you dont help this out we were trying to solve this within the sqaud :salute
I saw some trash falling off the garbage truck the other day, and it didn't hurt my feelings at all. The driver kept on going, and I realized that maybe the truck was just too full of trash to haul the load to begin with, of course it wasn't my trash truck, but I stopped to pick it up anyway 'cause I'm just like that.
Yeah it could have stayed on the POTW forum, but I'm not a member of that forum anymore, and all my posts have been deleted there, even the menial Happy Thanksgiving stuff. I read through about ten pages of folks bashing me here, and I've responded to them with the truth about what's happened. If that's something you're ashamed of, then well, good. I would be.
Bottom line is this junky, I'm back to lead my squad, I'm not bending over to pick up the soap for Syko. He dropped that soap the day he started claiming to have been the CO for nine years and inviting furballers to a base taking squadron. As far as I am concerned, POTW is reforming, Syko can either resign, or carry on and accept the inevitable label of scavenger, and the oinking will continue either way.
Yeah I'm sorry to sound like a party pooper here, I really am, but I'm pretty upset. I've apparently lost a good friend I've had for ten years, and I've been literally, LITERALLY erased from something I've invested ten years of my life into. Yeah I could eat crow and just watch half the squad furball as the other half struggles to defend or take a field, and yeah I could just walk away from it and let Syko have it, he obviously wanted it pretty bad, but I'm definately not going to sit back and watch him get away with it while retaining any credibility he might have imagined having to begin with.
There's really good reasons why people don't go around claiming they wrote all the Beatles songs, one of them is a moral issue, the other is because people know who Lennon and McCartney were. I'm Twitchy, POTW is my creation, thick or thin. I'm sorry that's an issue, but the truth often is, and darn well should be.
-Twitchy

Anyways, this thread went waaaayyy off the deep end here.
Base takers vs Furballers...
I think one suggestion that really seemed amiable was to take the two main arenas, and focus one of them on winning the war and taking fields, and focus the other on Furballing. I think you furballers would be surprised to see how many war oriented players are actually out there. We used to see a map reset almost daily, in the last three years or so, I don't think I've seen a single one. There's a rift developing between the two schools of thought, and it's causing alot of grief to both sides of it.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:46 PM »
I saw some trash falling off the garbage truck the other day, and it didn't hurt my feelings at all. The driver kept on going, and I realized that maybe the truck was just too full of trash to haul the load to begin with, of course it wasn't my trash truck, but I stopped to pick it up anyway 'cause I'm just like that.
Yeah it could have stayed on the POTW forum, but I'm not a member of that forum anymore, and all my posts have been deleted there, even the menial Happy Thanksgiving stuff. I read through about ten pages of folks bashing me here, and I've responded to them with the truth about what's happened. If that's something you're ashamed of, then well, good. I would be.
Bottom line is this junky, I'm back to lead my squad, I'm not bending over to pick up the soap for Syko. He dropped that soap the day he started claiming to have been the CO for nine years and inviting furballers to a base taking squadron. As far as I am concerned, POTW is reforming, Syko can either resign, or carry on and accept the inevitable label of scavenger, and the oinking will continue either way.
Yeah I'm sorry to sound like a party pooper here, I really am, but I'm pretty upset. I've apparently lost a good friend I've had for ten years, and I've been literally, LITERALLY erased from something I've invested ten years of my life into. Yeah I could eat crow and just watch half the squad furball as the other half struggles to defend or take a field, and yeah I could just walk away from it and let Syko have it, he obviously wanted it pretty bad, but I'm definately not going to sit back and watch him get away with it while retaining any credibility he might have imagined having to begin with.
There's really good reasons why people don't go around claiming they wrote all the Beatles songs, one of them is a moral issue, the other is because people know who Lennon and McCartney were. I'm Twitchy, POTW is my creation, thick or thin. I'm sorry that's an issue, but the truth often is, and darn well should be.
-Twitchy

I think one suggestion that really seemed amiable was to take the two main arenas, and focus one of them on winning the war and taking fields, and focus the other on Furballing. I think you furballers would be surprised to see how many war oriented players are actually out there. We used to see a map reset almost daily, in the last three years or so, I don't think I've seen a single one. There's a rift developing between the two schools of thought, and it's causing alot of grief to both sides of it.

I hate to add insult to injury, but that "rift" could be bridged with Legos quite easily :D

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
When I hear of POTW and herds, the thought of fish in a barrel comes to mind.

;)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »

Mission in 3 minutes! Join Join Join Mission!!!Get the hangers down. Get town down.  Is town Down?  Need troops.
Mission in 3 minutes! Join Join Join Mission!!!Get the hangers down. Get town down.  Is town Down?  Need troops.
No Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:39:32 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
Triple post....I am moving up in world.

:joystick:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:59:04 PM by Strip »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »
If your reading this you have to much time on your hands....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:59:36 PM by Strip »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
-Twitchy

I found 5 Legos in my couch that should bridge that rift nicely :D