Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27680 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »
Funny, I always thought that people who flew around by themselves without the comradery and associations inherent to human nature were the ones that were the odd balls. I can't imagine this game without sqadrons, it's an age old tradition that goes back to our primate ancestry.
It doesn't matter how you play anymore, there's ho whines, BNZ whines, Alt Monkey Whines, Buff whines, Plane Type Whines, Base taker whines, furball whines, Score ho'ing whines, tool shedding whines, lone wolf wines, whiner whines, and now squadron whines... what else is left?
Twitchy, if you played this game every day for the rest of your life, you will never get the respect or have the class of Oldman.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2009, 01:31:38 AM »
Twitchy, if you played this game every day for the rest of your life, you will never get the respect or have the class of Oldman.
Nor would I ever claim to.  :aok
Your admiration, however bear76, just isn't on my to do list today, perhaps in our next lives.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2009, 01:50:41 AM »

You know...  Sometimes I think the best place to be is about where I am...   

I've been around long enough to not suck entirely.  I haven't been around long enough to feel that I am superior.  I'm new enough to have a sense of accomplishment when I score a kill.  I haven't been around long enough for my ego to be damaged by a loss...

The game is still fun, when I have the time to play...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2009, 01:51:32 AM »
SkyRock<---owns Twitchy, and slaps him with some sense!   :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »
You know...  Sometimes I think the best place to be is about where I am...   

I've been around long enough to not suck entirely.  I haven't been around long enough to feel that I am superior.  I'm new enough to have a sense of accomplishment when I score a kill.  I haven't been around long enough for my ego to be damaged by a loss...

The game is still fun, when I have the time to play...
you're living proof dorks have a place in suckdom!  :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:39 AM »
you're living proof dorks have a place in suckdom!  :devil

Sure!  Why not?!  Whatever that means...   :uhoh

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2009, 01:56:23 AM »
Sure!  Why not?!  Whatever that means...   :uhoh
it means, you are a dork and you own in the kingdom of suck!..... duh!   :rolleyes:

other than you suck and you are a dork.... you're ok in my book!

:noid

:devil

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:13 AM »
it means, you are a dork and you own in the kingdom of suck!..... duh!   :rolleyes:

other than you suck and you are a dork.... you're ok in my book!

:noid

:devil

see now there is "smack talk" :rofl

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2009, 03:35:21 AM »
SkyRock<---owns Twitchy, and slaps him with some sense!   :devil
Heh, I probably need it.
Syko, I owe you an apology. I can't do it on the POTW forum at the moment, but here it is publicly...
I'm Sorry.
That said, you're going to have to come around to the realization that POTW is my squad, it always was and always will be. I am just as protective of it as you are, all the more so, in fact. We're going to work all this out and probably be just fine once the dust settles, but for now you're just going to have to relax long enough to realize it isn't about you or me, it's about POTW. Yeah we may loose some pigs over it, but if they have a problem with me leading my squad, they've no place in it to begin with....

Sigh... ok, base taking or furballing. I say base taking is where the glory is, watching the map turn green is a total turn on and chicks dig base takers. Furballers always end up with the heavy set chick in the glasses nobody wanted to dance with all night.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:49 AM »
Heh, I probably need it.
Syko, I owe you an apology. I can't do it on the POTW forum at the moment, but here it is publicly...
I'm Sorry.
That said, you're going to have to come around to the realization that POTW is my squad, it always was and always will be. I am just as protective of it as you are, all the more so, in fact. We're going to work all this out and probably be just fine once the dust settles, but for now you're just going to have to relax long enough to realize it isn't about you or me, it's about POTW. Yeah we may loose some pigs over it, but if they have a problem with me leading my squad, they've no place in it to begin with....

Sigh... ok, base taking or furballing. I say base taking is where the glory is, watching the map turn green is a total turn on and chicks dig base takers. Furballers always end up with the heavy set chick in the glasses nobody wanted to dance with all night.
-Twitchy
It isnt your sqaud...............and you just lost me

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2009, 04:59:00 AM »
The long running SOAP As the world turns just lost all of its ratings as ACES HIGH forums has captured the imagination of all women ages 22-70.

Oprah is gonna blow a gasket!

Dangit ya Pigs.  can ya get your stuff together and deal with this without tempting all of us drama hounds?

My estrogen levels have spiked reading this stuff.   :frown:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2009, 05:14:03 AM »
The long running SOAP As the world turns just lost all of its ratings as ACES HIGH forums has captured the imagination of all women ages 22-70.

Oprah is gonna blow a gasket!

Dangit ya Pigs.  can ya get your stuff together and deal with this without tempting all of us drama hounds?

My estrogen levels have spiked reading this stuff.   :frown:
1 person made it this way, he can fix it
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2009, 05:16:17 AM »
It isnt your sqaud...............and you just lost me
 :salute
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but, yeah junky, it is my squad, and if you can't at least stick around long enough to realize the only real difference is going to be in your head, then I'm sorry, but that's the way you want it apparently.
We used to have a squaddie named Seraphim, he played for score, and finished most of his tours with an overall rank in the low 20's, and I never once saw him outside of range channel. He enjoyed flying with the squad, and still managed to become one of the best sticks in the game.
If you're not willing to even try things out here, then there's not much I can do about it. I hate to see you go before you've even given it a shot here, but I will be taking command of my squad again, if I have to fly around by myself.
Why not stay a week or two and then at least have the option to later say you tried before you quit?
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2009, 05:25:19 AM »
1 person made it this way, he can fix it
You're right about that. You're wrong about who.
I'm going to fix it, absolutely, the question I have for you is are you going to quit, or are you going to stick around long enough to find out if it's worth quiting over? This whole thing with Syko has put us all in a bad light here obviously, but I didn't lead this squad for nine years because I'm some kind of schmuck man.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2009, 05:31:40 AM »
You dont understand..........
DFC Member