Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27676 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2009, 05:42:22 AM »
You dont understand..........
Nope, I sure don't. If yo think that quitting is your only option, then you don't understand either. I'm asking you to stay, you're telling me that you aren't going to because this isn't my squad, so one of the two of us is lacking the ability to compromise here.
Look, the only difference between Syko and myself, is that I require a cohesive squad. If that's really and truly too much for you then I understand, it takes a little commitment, and in this case it takes a little of the old college try, but nobody is asking any more or less of you than that junky. I've flown with you for about a month now, if you haven't seen any difference in that time, then maybe you're putting more into this than you need to be my friend.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2009, 05:59:58 AM »
Funny, I always thought that people who flew around by themselves without the comradery and associations inherent to human nature were the ones that were the odd balls. I can't imagine this game without sqadrons, it's an age old tradition that goes back to our primate ancestry.
It doesn't matter how you play anymore, there's ho whines, BNZ whines, Alt Monkey Whines, Buff whines, Plane Type Whines, Base taker whines, furball whines, Score ho'ing whines, tool shedding whines, lone wolf wines, whiner whines, and now squadron whines... what else is left?
You missed his Key word "organized". The 2 squads I have been in  Pigstomers and the Blue Knights, both the comaradery level was high.  Pigstompers were a bit more organized, at times we could get a few together to "take a base" but usually fighter sweep was about it.  As for the BKs it's more along the lines of go over there and shoot the red guys.  Bother are a great bunch to fly with.  Needed no "little general" to order the squad what  to do to have fun... we just had fun
See Rule #4

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2009, 06:16:00 AM »
Needed no "little general" to order the squad what  to do to have fun... we just had fun
That's great, good for you.
We had a ball ourselves for nine years with a CO, and managed to make a name for ourselves in the process. Used to play Dungeons and Dragons back in the day and had a ball doing that as well, of course without a dungeon master, it would have been bunch of guys sitting around having fun doing nothing, which is cool, but it was alot more fun to have a direction or a common goal to work towards and someone to take us there.
I'm guessing you won't be at the sign ups for POTW, bronk, but hey, we don't need a 'little general' to tell us how to be pigs either.  :aok
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2009, 06:53:38 AM »
Dude you came in here after a year off, tried to play armchair general and made yourself look like an ass. As CO of a squad what you say reflects every member of your squad. If your views don't emulate those of your squad, then i think it was time to move on. When you came back, you did it guns blazing with no clue of current events. Compairing your own squad to the devils rejects is a prime example. You single handily rehashed a beef with our squad that had long sense passed. I received many Pm's from members of your former squad apologising for your actions. One of the earlyest things i learned in school was the difference of good attention and bad. All of this drama falls on your shoulders. You clearly wanted all the attention you could get otherwise this thread wouldn't be here.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:05 AM »
Funny, I always thought that people who flew around by themselves without the comradery and associations inherent to human nature were the ones that were the odd balls. I can't imagine this game without sqadrons, it's an age old tradition that goes back to our primate ancestry.
It doesn't matter how you play anymore, there's ho whines, BNZ whines, Alt Monkey Whines, Buff whines, Plane Type Whines, Base taker whines, furball whines, Score ho'ing whines, tool shedding whines, lone wolf wines, whiner whines, and now squadron whines... what else is left?

people that fly around solo, don't "not" associate with other players. i flew without being in a squad for almost a year, but never "really" solo. i'd fly with different people, learning a little as i went on.
 after a little while, i was invited to join a squad. sometimes i flew with them, sometimes not.

the problem is people that take this poop too seriously, not people in squads, or people not in squads.

you, sir, are being too serious. i don't know how long you were gone for, but i've only recently heard of you. you came on the bbs with poop. to those of us that've never heard of ya, you come off as an arse. maybe you're different ingame, maybe not......

this would appear to me to be the reason you got kicked out. dissappear for awhile, someone else is running the squad, squad has a good rep, then here comes twichey, actin like a jerk. doing her best to ruin the squads rep. sine you weren't the co anymore, that was their option, and prerogative. why keep up the crap? deal with it. move on. chill out, and have fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »
Dude you came in here after a year off, tried to play armchair general and made yourself look like an ass. As CO of a squad what you say reflects every member of your squad. If your views don't emulate those of your squad, then i think it was time to move on. When you came back, you did it guns blazing with no clue of current events. Compairing your own squad to the devils rejects is a prime example. You single handily rehashed a beef with our squad that had long sense passed. I received many Pm's from members of your former squad apologising for your actions. One of the earlyest things i learned in school was the difference of good attention and bad. All of this drama falls on your shoulders. You clearly wanted all the attention you could get otherwise this thread wouldn't be here.
wait a second there slim willy. Since when did you start making sense? And what did you do with sunsfan?
 :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
You missed his Key word "organized". The 2 squads I have been in  Pigstomers and the Blue Knights, both the comaradery level was high.  Pigstompers were a bit more organized, at times we could get a few together to "take a base" but usually fighter sweep was about it.  As for the BKs it's more along the lines of go over there and shoot the red guys.  Bother are a great bunch to fly with.  Needed no "little general" to order the squad what  to do to have fun... we just had fun
what is this organization you keep talking about? :neener: :uhoh :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:22 AM »
just out of curiosity.......what do the members of potw that read these forums think?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2009, 08:11:57 AM »
just out of curiosity.......what do the members of potw that read these forums think?
how bout they not and just let this go. Been enough drama in this thread. Worse than a jerry show called "my dad is my brother and i love midgets with mullets" Although it made for some very entertaining reading but, its ran its course.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2009, 08:14:20 AM »
how bout they not and just let this go. Been enough drama in this thread. Worse than a jerry show called "my dad is my brother and i love midgets with mullets" Although it made for some very entertaining reading but, its ran its course.

good point dude.
now stop with the sensible posts! :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2009, 08:32:21 AM »
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but, yeah junky, it is my squad, and if you can't at least stick around long enough to realize the only real difference is going to be in your head, then I'm sorry, but that's the way you want it apparently.
We used to have a squaddie named Seraphim, he played for score, and finished most of his tours with an overall rank in the low 20's, and I never once saw him outside of range channel. He enjoyed flying with the squad, and still managed to become one of the best sticks in the game.
If you're not willing to even try things out here, then there's not much I can do about it. I hate to see you go before you've even given it a shot here, but I will be taking command of my squad again, if I have to fly around by myself.
Why not stay a week or two and then at least have the option to later say you tried before you quit?
-Twitchy

do you really believe this?    because he scored in the 20's he was one of the best :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

please, the only thing he became good at was "gaming the game" oh wait he was always in vox range,     Dee Da Dee,
  I wish HTC would come in here and explain what most of us have been trying to explain, the friggin "war" is to promote combat, the game was NEVER about the "war"  it's about the "combat" always has been always will be, no matter how hard you try to make it about the war. you should go play WW2 online, that is the game you want to play!!!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »
Funny..... you limit yourself to the comradery of just a squad. I fly with a lot more folks than just my squad and I fly on all sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »
You know...  Sometimes I think the best place to be is about where I am...   

I've been around long enough to not suck entirely.  I haven't been around long enough to feel that I am superior.  I'm new enough to have a sense of accomplishment when I score a kill.  I haven't been around long enough for my ego to be damaged by a loss...

The game is still fun, when I have the time to play...
My comment was about twiggies lack of class :huh 

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
Funny..... you limit yourself to the comradery of just a squad. I fly with a lot more folks than just my squad and I fly on all sides.

I agree 100% Shuff, that was one of several reasons I left POTW a while back.... I still fly with my old buds from POTW sometimes, but I find myself MUCH happier in the widowmakers, simply a better fit for my playstyle and enjoyment. 

Side switching is VERY fun, get to meet a lot of good folks on each "side".  Not sure why some folks have such "country-centric" view of this game, after all, are we not all here for the same reasons?  The love of aviation, fun, and ww2 era combat/history?

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »
I agree 100% Shuff, that was one of several reasons I left POTW a while back.... I still fly with my old buds from POTW sometimes, but I find myself MUCH happier in the widowmakers, simply a better fit for my playstyle and enjoyment. 

Side switching is VERY fun, get to meet a lot of good folks on each "side".  Not sure why some folks have such "country-centric" view of this game, after all, are we not all here for the same reasons?  The love of aviation, fun, and ww2 era combat/history?

Sol

And you still miss me you hairless wonder! :x
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!