Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27680 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
ABout the ORIGINAL topic though...

Neither pure furballing, nor base taking, is what this game is about.
I am MUCH more of a furballer than a base taker, but I will assist in a base capture IF it provides good air to air fights. 
The base taking portion of the game is what drives the combat IMO, and the game would be lessened by the removal of it.  That said, the idea of a horde coming in with 50 guys to smash and grab a base, is incredibly boring.  What's the point?  THis tactic destroys the entire premise of a COMBAT game.  this could be accomplished as easily offline, as online.
The other tactic performed by many "base taking" squads, of dropping all teh fighter hangars int he middle of a great fight, is poor gameplay as well IMO.  Sure, it promotes taking of the base, but it is to the detriment of many who are enjoying the fight.  THere are many other bases aorund which you can go play pork n grab on.  Plus, is it not more satisfying to sneak that goon in with a battle raging overhead and snatch that base out from under the enemy's toes, than to fly a circle over the base while twiddling your toes waiting for the goont o show up?

Again, it boils down to, BOTH sides are right, in that base taking is a force which drives the combat (furball) portion of the game, and to loose either would lessen the game experience as a whole IMO.

Sol

(forgive my typing skillz, or lack thereof, passing a kidney stone, and am allll doped up on percocet)

Sol

butcha know what's fun/? when they drop the fighter hangars, people up il's, b25, and other bombers....and then still kick the attackers butts in air to air.  :devil
 ever seen nkl5, nb, cobia, snaphook, and a whole slew of others fight in a bomber?  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »
butcha know what's fun/? when they drop the fighter hangars, people up il's, b25, and other bombers....and then still kick the attackers butts in air to air.  :devil
 ever seen nkl5, nb, cobia, snaphook, and a whole slew of others fight in a bomber?  :devil

hehe quite true, did it myself in A-20's the other night... can be a lot of fun, and laughs...
Landed 6 kills in one sortie in that A-20... lol.  Flies like a pregnant 38
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »
That said, you're going to have to come around to the realization that POTW is my squad, it always was and always will be... realize it isn't about you or me, it's about POTW... if they have a problem with me leading my squad, they've no place in it to begin with....

Self-ownage.

It isnt your sqaud...............and you just lost me

:salute

Uber ownage.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »
hehe quite true, did it myself in A-20's the other night... can be a lot of fun, and laughs...
Landed 6 kills in one sortie in that A-20... lol.  Flies like a pregnant 38

jerk!!

i never landed in an a20. seems i'm always losing things...... :rofl :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
jerk!!

i never landed in an a20. seems i'm always losing things...... :rofl :bolt:

Never said I landed in 1 peice LOL

Misisng aileron, half elevator, one engine dead and gear shot out.. woowooo

:bolt:
80th FS "Headhunters"

In-Game as Castiel
Pastafarian for life

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
Gentelmen,

1. At the moment this is the only forum Twitchy has to speak for himself about an issue he feels strongly about in the hopes another party might be following it. This is a Catch-22 that I respect Twitchy is caught in. All of us know historicly the AH Forum is the wrong place to air personal and squad issues. Management has been very kind to not step in yet as everyone has been warned over the years they will with prejudice. We owe it to our community and guests to get past this quickly. Right now we all are looking kind of silly on the Oprah meter.

2. There are exactly 2 people who can resolve this issue if it is ever to be resolved. This Forum is not, nor ever will be the location for that resolution. None of us in this audience are principles to the final resolution how ever it plays out. This is a personal issue between Twitchy and no one on this Forum.

3. The longer this carries on here at the AH Forum, the more people will get dragged in and peoples feelings will be hurt aside from the normal Forum bantor. It is human nature to get caught up in emotional issues while personaly identifying with aspects of the story that ring true to incidents in your own past. That is not what this game is about gentelmen...........Please let this thread go before it spirals out of control and HiTech performs an intervention.

Your piggy snout is so concentrated on the squad slop in front of you that you are failing to see that there is fresh forum food all around this thread.  It encompasses a whole host of issues that Twitchy has brought up. 

The fact that Pigs have used this forum like it's their own little pigsty over and over makes me hardly care to let this thread die just because it took a turn that makes you squeal.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »

perfect landing condition then.  :aok :airplane: :headscratch:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »

Like a true SAPP'er  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
(forgive my typing skillz, or lack thereof, passing a kidney stone, and am allll doped up on percocet)
Sol

I feel your pain Sol, I passed one a few weeks ago. Never felt pain like that before and 4 strait days of Perc-325's will make you go loopy BTW!

In a related topic...I never knew I was armed with a 3.1mm cannon, good times!  :aok

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »
My last one was a 7mm! this one is 5mm...
80th FS "Headhunters"

In-Game as Castiel
Pastafarian for life

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
OUCH...good luck sir!

They say once you have one, your 5 times more likely to get another one...I can't wait!  :uhoh

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
lol kidney stones, a small bit of pain,  Pancreatitis,  makes Kidney stones feel like a walk in the park!!

trust me 4 and a half months with NO FOOD, tube fed, hospitalized for a month, pain so extreme I was on Demerol and morphine,
and that did not get rid of the pain completely!!

be thankful That's all you got!  

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
lol kidney stones, a small bit of pain,  Pancreatitis,  makes Kidney stones feel like a walk in the park!!

trust me 4 and a half months with NO FOOD, tube fed, hospitalized for a month, pain so extreme I was on Demerol and morphine,

Well, I had a hang nail once so suck it up princess :D

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
lol kidney stones, a small bit of pain,  Pancreatitis,  makes Kidney stones feel like a walk in the park!!

Damn man, hope I never have to experience that.  Kidney stones are plenty painful enough for me lol

Luckily, I am not making any NEW stones, only have to pass those that alrdy exist.  Mine were as a result of eating too many antacids for heartburn.  Excessive calcium.  Since I switched to Perscription acid refulx meds, I don't take rolaids any more, and am also not making any new kidney stones.

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

In-Game as Castiel
Pastafarian for life

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »
Well, I had a hang nail once so suck it up princess :D

<<<<<<<<<  had an infected ingrown toenail.  :neener: :uhoh :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"