Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27657 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »
Real simple, people and squads know Twitchy Started the Pigs, whether you care or not...  what i find amazing is the childlike attitude of "were not going to change our name" Pigs have always been known for the base taking game, now seems a few are tired of taking bases and want a dogfighting, Seems to me like the reasonable thing to do is get yourselves a new name?..
i took over a year off from the 68Th's and when i came back i had my same rank and responsibilities, the squads gameplay hadn't changed. 2 people started the 68Th KO and Bragg and its grown ever sense, Bragg has retired due to health reasons and <S> Rip KO, Falcon took the Squad over and we haven't changed who the 68Th are, we base take, dogfight, resupply, and defend and help anyone who asks.

For what its worth that's my 2 cents
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CrAcKeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
Too many Dr Phils in here :rofl Im not offering any "2 cents" on it because i dont know the whole story and yes there are 2 sides to every story. And plus it is none of my business even though Twitchy wants it to be our business. For that i salute the squad in charge now because they are not on here doing the same thing as Twitchy. :salute

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »
We tried a coup d'etat ounce and Mensa fiendishly squashed it with much violence and bloodshed.
Not the dreaded sweetheart cannon?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
I felt the uncontrollable need to post but don't actually have anything to say

fixed
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »
Good points Del, but the conditions that you describe don't seem to be the same conditions for POTW.

For example ... If yourself, Corky, Shuff, Soulyss, and Silat decided that the original "objective" of the 80th was not to your liking, would you try to oust Mensa, take the squad name, and re-mold the 80th to your collective "objective" ? ... or do you separate yourself from the squad and start your own squad with your new "objective" ?

IF I'm not mistaken, i've heard rumors that they have some rather "compromising" pictures of him, just in case..... :noid :bolt: :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
Real simple, people and squads know Twitchy Started the Pigs, whether you care or not

I cant speak for "people" but I hadn't the faintest idea who Twiggy was until about three weeks ago.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »
Real simple, people and squads know Twitchy Started the Pigs, whether you care or not...  what i find amazing is the childlike attitude of "were not going to change our name" Pigs have always been known for the base taking game, now seems a few are tired of taking bases and want a dogfighting, Seems to me like the reasonable thing to do is get yourselves a new name?..
i took over a year off from the 68Th's and when i came back i had my same rank and responsibilities, the squads gameplay hadn't changed. 2 people started the 68Th KO and Bragg and its grown ever sense, Bragg has retired due to health reasons and <S> Rip KO, Falcon took the Squad over and we haven't changed who the 68Th are, we base take, dogfight, resupply, and defend and help anyone who asks.

For what its worth that's my 2 cents

i only have one rank, and one responisbility...well.....2 responsibilities in this game.

rank? suck-ass p-38 pile-it supreme.
 responsibility? have fun
 responsibility2? bait for the other 38 pile-its.  :noid :airplane: :banana: :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
I cant speak for "people" but I hadn't the faintest idea who Twiggy was until about three weeks ago.

+1
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
Good points Del, but the conditions that you describe don't seem to be the same conditions for POTW.

Twitchy owns the name ... if there is a faction of the current members of the POTW that don't like him or his direction, then they simply withdraw from the POTW and form their own squad with new leadership. That may leave the POTW with 1 member (Twitchy) but he can then try to recruit people that are of the same mindset as him.

Whoever creates a squad name, owns that squad name until that person gives up the name ... pure and simple ... and it doesn't appear that Twitchy is willing to give up the name.

For example ... If yourself, Corky, Shuff, Soulyss, and Silat decided that the original "objective" of the 80th was not to your liking, would you try to oust Mensa, take the squad name, and re-mold the 80th to your collective "objective" ? ... or do you separate yourself from the squad and start your own squad with your new "objective" ?

Part of the problem is... twitchy did give up the name. If he wanted to keep it he would have kept his account and control.

The major part of the problem is that the POTW matured way past where it was when twitchy had control.

If anyone thinks twitchy owns the name, I'd love to see the document espousing that.

As for the 80th... if they changed to something else that I did not like, I'd leave. Which is what twitchy should have done immediately upon returning and finding that POTW had advanced past where he wanted to be.

Just as you say here...
Apples and Oranges ... those COs who departed, passed the torch, and returned ... have only returned to the squad because they agree with the "objective" of the squad. If they didn't, they probably would have not re-joined and either formed their own squad or joined a squad who's objective was more to their liking.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:30:57 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »
Unfortunately for him, we are still a bunch of augering losers that don't take bases.

Lol, that's us most of the time, if there are more than two of us on at once though, things start getting fun. But we DO have fun augering and EPIC FAILing in between those times  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
Lol, that's us most of the time, if there are more than two of us on at once though, things start getting fun. But we DO have fun augering and EPIC FAILing in between those times  :D

noooo nooo we fail more than you!   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
I'd like to see you try!  :banana:   I'll probably fail much more with this forced break I have to take from AH... long story, it's in another thread,lol

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »
I almost think some people are baiting this drama into lasting........

:noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »
This thread is like Herpes, one flare up after another :confused:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »
This thread is like Herpes, one flare up after another :confused:

who's on first? :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"