Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27671 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
who's on first? :noid
In your case a hemmeroid :P :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
There's some sheep here in the thread who look a little lost from the herd.

Twitchy was clawing for pity and trying to tear apart what has already been in existence and oinking along happily for the last decade without him.  We are not the same POTW that twitchy left behind to fend for itself in AH almost a decade ago (litteraly, our current senior leadership called Skuzzy when the original POTW was abandoned by Twitchy to have the old abandoned squad deleted and the current POTW founded with the same name).  Twitchy didn't unintentionaly destroy us the first time, damned if any of us are going to let him intentionaly try in round two.  We even listened to Twitchy when he came back, unforutnately we can't say the same was returned.  We don't want to change up the POTW or do things any different than what we've been doing for the past decade without him.  It's been a pretty damn good decade if we say so ourselves, but unfortunatley our founding leader who abandoned us for almost 10 years to fend and provide for ourselves disagrees.  This is why Twitchy is no longer a participant in the POTW message board, as likely any of us with malicious intent would be.  It seems he is quickly working for the privilage here on the AH general forums as well.

He is doing everything in his power now to enlist sympathy and persuade people of the general community that are not members of the POTW to support what he wants to do to the POTW.  The POTW would like to assure those of you not in POTW that: a) while your concerns are apreciated, the matter is unfortunatley none of your buisness (the same as non-American citizens should have no buisness voting in the president of the United States).  b) we are not taking the POTW that have been the way it has been for the past decade and turning it into "Twitchy's Fascist Base Takers - OINK!".  The "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko WILL still be the same "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko.  c) we are glad to have Twitchy back in the AH community and we still greatly respect and admire Twichy for one day, a very long time ago, starting the POTW name.  However that in no way means we're going to bend over and do what you want before taking into account what everyone else in POTW wants and will make the squad in general happier and healthier for another decade.

So now, lets seperate the sheep from the pigs here and end this thread.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »

Twitchy was clawing for pity and trying to tear apart what has already been in existence and oinking along happily for the last decade without him.  We are not the same POTW that twitchy left behind to fend for itself in AH almost a decade ago (litteraly, our current senior leadership called Skuzzy when the original POTW was abandoned by Twitchy to have the old abandoned squad deleted and the current POTW founded with the same name).  Twitchy didn't unintentionaly destroy us the first time, damned if any of us are going to let him intentionaly try in round two.  We even listened to Twitchy when he came back, unforutnately we can't say the same was returned.  We don't want to change up the POTW or do things any different than what we've been doing for the past decade without him.  It's been a pretty damn good decade if we say so ourselves, but unfortunatley our founding leader who abandoned us for almost 10 years to fend and provide for ourselves disagrees.  This is why Twitchy is no longer a participant in the POTW message board, as likely any of us with malicious intent would be.  It seems he is quickly working for the privilage here on the AH general forums as well.

He is doing everything in his power now to enlist sympathy and persuade people of the general community that are not members of the POTW to support what he wants to do to the POTW.  The POTW would like to assure those of you not in POTW that: a) while your concerns are apreciated, the matter is unfortunatley none of your buisness (the same as non-American citizens should have no buisness voting in the president of the United States).  b) we are not taking the POTW that have been the way it has been for the past decade and turning it into "Twitchy's Fascist Base Takers - OINK!".  The "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko WILL still be the same "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko.  c) we are glad to have Twitchy back in the AH community and we still greatly respect and admire Twichy for one day, a very long time ago, starting the POTW name.  However that in no way means we're going to bend over and do what you want before taking into account what everyone else in POTW wants and will make the squad in general happier and healthier for another decade.

dude...i've said it before, and to stodd.....i respect the hell outta you guys for being able to be so quiet, about this, in the face of all the poop he's been trying to fling.  :aok i think others probably feel the same.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »

<snip>...

b) we are not taking the POTW that have been the way it has been for the past decade and turning it into "Twitchy's Fascist Base Takers - OINK!".  The "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko WILL still be the same "do-what-ya-want-or-come-join-the-rest-of-us-in-some-fun-oink" POTW as led by Syko.  c) we are glad to have Twitchy back in the AH community and we still greatly respect and admire Twichy for one day, a very long time ago, starting the POTW name.  However that in no way means we're going to bend over and do what you want before taking into account what everyone else in POTW wants and will make the squad in general happier and healthier for another decade.

So, you're saying Twitchy was NOT the CO for almost a decade?

Also, you're saying that Skuzzy had to replace Syko as the CO of POTW because Twitchy's name was still there?  Once a CO's account goes inactive, the squad is automatically disbanded.  Syko only then needs to send squad invites and have the new squad named the same as was before.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #320 on: December 03, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »

I don't care that much but some of this doesn't sound correct.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #321 on: December 03, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »
So, you're saying Twitchy was NOT the CO for almost a decade?

Also, you're saying that Skuzzy had to replace Syko as the CO of POTW because Twitchy's name was still there?  Once a CO's account goes inactive, the squad is automatically disbanded.  Syko only then needs to send squad invites and have the new squad named the same as was before.
That is how it is now.  When I started (which comparatively wasn't that long ago), I was told all the names from old players were kept in the database and couldn't be re-used.  So if you left, let your account go, and wanted to come back sometime later (what I was contemplating), you would have to call HTC HQ to get your old handle reactivated, or come up with a new one.  I imagine it used to be the same for squad names ten years ago.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
Why is it when I read through this thread it reminds me of the..

Mother
Of
All
Trolls

Couldn't be that clever....could they?
 :noid

Edit for being a numpty. :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:01:45 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:47 PM »

Mother
Of
All
Trolls

Couldn't be they couldn't be that clever....could they?
Surely not . . .  :headscratch:
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

Mother
Of
All
Trolls

Couldn't be that clever....could they?

Edit for being a numpty. :D

it takes one to spot one  :rofl

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
dude...i've said it before, and to stodd.....i respect the hell outta you guys for being able to be so quiet, about this, in the face of all the poop he's been trying to fling.  :aok i think others probably feel the same.
Not really

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »
I thought Twitchy just took a year off ? not a DECADE as posted if he took a decade=10yrs off ?? then no he cant just come back and expect to take control,, Hmmm so Twitchy left POW in 1999 according to your statement, lol oh boy...stuff just aint making sense now  :headscratch:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »

(More pig issues that don't need to be aired in public)

:banana:
That's a great way to attempt to end the thread, or at least stop the opinions from being given.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
:banana:
That's a great way to attempt to end the thread, or at least stop the opinions from being given.
Do you know why DMGOD is such a nut job?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:06:41 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »
The solution here is simple.

Do a 'Squad Ranking' look up on the AH homepage and see who had the name before whom.

Krupnski  appears to have become the CO of POTW in Nov. 2009.

Waystin2 appears to have become the CO of POTW in March 2009.

1BDSPADE appears to have been the CO of POTW from Aug. 2008

Syko appears to have become the CO of POTW in Oct. 2007.

Twitchy appears to have been the CO of POTW in Aug. 2002.

hmmm....

Lets go a step further and use 'Individual Statistics - Squad' to see what squad Syko was in before the Pigs.

I show him having an account that started one month after Twitchy started the Pigs 2002, yet he never was in a squad for most of the years he has flown.

Do explain to me how Syko was not even IN a sqad, let alone the POTW, before 10/07 and yet he "ran" the Pigs for 10 years?

How can a player "run" the POTW when he wasn't even IN the squad?

The only POTW squad I can find before 10/07 is Twitchy's.

Somebody is tossing about a bunch o' lies and from what I can tell, it ain't Twitchy.
(unless indeed this is another MOAT in which case I have been hooked)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:29:50 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit