Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27663 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
Has a new king of thread closers been crowned? :uhoh

i think possibly. go back to page 15 of this very thread.......it should';ve worked.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
Did he found the original POTW squad? 
Yes, it's my squad, my idea, my name and nearly nine years of my time.

Did Twitchy leave the game for personal reasons almost 2 years ago and his squad was disbanded? 
Yup, and Syko and I agreed that I would return to command. It was a little over a year ago, not 7 years, and not nine years.

Did Pigs try to stay in contact with him during his absence? 
Yup, and Syko knew I was comming back.

Did 1BDspade pick up the POTW name to start the squad up again?
Yeah. Could 1BDspade have started his own squad?

Did Syko claim himself as founder of the Pigs? 
Nope, he lied claiming to have been the CO of the Pigs for Nine years, and lied about me be not being the Founder of the Pigs, this started about right after I left actually.

Was Twitchy embraced with open arms upon his return?
Yeah, as long as I didn't Invite anyone to the Squad, or try to remove a player who was being a smart arse, or try to lead them any in any way, shape, or form.

Did multiple Pigs try to reason with him on the issues involved?
No, actually hell no. My issues were few and reasonable, the cohesion of the squad, and one member that decided to start trash talking me from day one of my return who needed booted.

Was Twitchy open to discussion on the issues?
We did discuss the issues at length, my posts on the POTW forum were deleted, and Syko hid from me for two weeks. I literally BEGGED Syko to talk to me and he decided to have Bentnail pass notes for him like third grader instead.

Did the Pigs as a group decide to remove him from leadership?
LOL, Yeah. Could they have started their own squad instead of stealing someone else's idea and letting their 'leader' get away with lying for over a year?

Are the current Pigs united in their stance to continue as the POTW?
Start your own squad guys, or simply be known as Syko's Scavengers. Anyone who's played the game for more than year knows damned well who's squad it is. Syko literally told me he was jealous of me once, I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I think I understand his true motivations and it wasn't about the Pigs at all, it was about Syko. Why would he claim to have run the squad for a decade and lie about me not being the founder, then hide from me like a coward when I got back and delete my posts?

Is there anything that will change the Pigs minds?
Myself, Citation, and Habu55 are the ONLY legitimate Pigs at this point, no, we're not changing our minds. I am recruiting though and I will be rebuilding the Pigs on the Wing. If you're interested, let me know. There will be no hard feelings, and with the exception of BiKrupolarinski, I will gladly take any of you guys on board, including Syko. The one and only requirement for membership is cohesion, it's all I've ever asked of my squad.
If you guys want to fly under Syko's flag, that's all well and good, but Syko's name is quickly and rightfully becomming mud in this game. He had no right to lie, and he had no right to take the name for himself and claim my legacy as his own.
I understand you guys are friends, I understand that alot of the new pigs only know Syko as a leader, but you need to understand what Syko did was a dirty business, and he took something that didn't belong to him. Change your name to Syko's Sycophants if you like, I don't care. All I want is the name of the POTW restored to the rightful owner, and to lead my squad again. That was the understanding Syko and I had until I found out what he had been doing behind my back while I was gone. Change the name, or accept the label... or better yet, I'll send every one of you guys an invite to the legitimate Pigs squad, and we can keep on keeping on.

Stealing someone elses idea is hardly something to be proud of, stabbing your ten year friend in the back and lying about it is even less. If that's what you guys want to inherit in Syko's leadership, then there's nothing I can do about it, but like I told Syko, everybody is going to know what he's done.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
Why does everyone give Krup a new name?

BiKrupolarinski
Krupnizzal
Kruptastic
Kerpernicus

:rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2009, 04:15:22 PM »
I felt a few things needed to be cleared up here.  The 35+ active players that compromise the Pigs as you all know them tried and failed to mend the rift with our former El Presidente.  Not just one of us, but many of us tried to reason this situation through to no avail.  I have no personal beef with Twitchy, and he knows that it was my sincerest wish that this be resolved amicably for all involved.  This whole discussion has been rife with lies, half-truths, and facts that are obscured by time. 

I know the following to be fact with no embellishment:

Did he found the original POTW squad?  Yes.  
Did Twitchy leave the game for personal reasons almost 2 years ago and his squad was disbanded?  Yes.
Did Pigs try to stay in contact with him during his absence?  Yes.
Did 1BDspade pick up the POTW name to start the squad up again? Yes.
Did Syko claim himself as founder of the Pigs?  No.
Was Twitchy embraced with open arms upon his return? Yes.
Did multiple Pigs try to reason with him on the issues involved? Yes.
Was Twitchy open to discussion on the issues? No.
Did the Pigs as a group decide to remove him from leadership? Yes.
Are the current Pigs united in their stance to continue as the POTW? Yes.
Is there anything that will change the Pigs minds? No.

The name has been somewhat tainted as a result of all this. A fresh start may avoid much of what will likely follow. If twitchy started the squad with the understanding it was his when he came back, it's his. Keep your squad together under a different banner. These things have a habit of haunting a squad. Just a suggestion.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »
The name has been somewhat tainted as a result of all this. A fresh start may avoid much of what will likely follow. If twitchy started the squad with the understanding it was his when he came back, it's his. Keep your squad together under a different banner. These things have a habit of haunting a squad. Just a suggestion.
Pigs are stubborn creatures. :D

Oh and Bear hand the squad over to me DO IT ! :mad:  The Gods command it. :old:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:25 PM »
Pigs are stubborn creatures. :D

Oh and Bear hand the squad over to me DO IT ! :mad:  The Gods command it. :old:
Cool, the job comes with a life time supply of Preparation H  :D

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
What's in a name? The ppl are the squad, not the name.  It's not like it's all that great of a name anyway. My opinion which I admit means nothing would be for the non-land grabbing pigs to make up a new name and move on. You guys have really taken a stand against being lopsided tards and the community's respect for you has gone way up. You are just one step away from coming  out of this thing with high regard in everyone's mind. Just ditch the name and win.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2009, 04:44:05 PM »
What's in a name? The ppl are the squad, not the name.  It's not like it's all that great of a name anyway. My opinion which I admit means nothing would be for the non-land grabbing pigs to make up a new name and move on. You guys have really taken a stand against being lopsided tards and the community's respect for you has gone way up. You are just one step away from coming  out of this thing with high regard in everyone's mind. Just ditch the name and win.  

agree 100% :aok

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #383 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »
What's in a name? The ppl are the squad
i have to agree

this "pigs on a wing" deal needs a "Final Cut" seems not enough mud to go around
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
Cool, the job comes with a life time supply of Preparation H  :D
:uhoh  couldn't I start off being quatermaster of beer and coffee. :D

As long as the squad name isn't shaders bakers Im ok with it. :t
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:15:30 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

+2
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Why does everyone give Krup a new name?

BiKrupolarinski
Krupnizzal
Kruptastic
Kerpernicus

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I just call him the Polish guy :D
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #387 on: December 04, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
Just ditch the name and win.  
It really is that easy.  :aok
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #388 on: December 04, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »
This x1000   :aok
Who wants to be a part of a squad where the CO thinks he speaks for the squad and everyone should do what HE wants, anyway?  Squads are about the members, not just what the CO wants.  You've already distanced yourselves by removing him from the squad......ask for a public apology for his behavior that led to his expulsion from the squad, then come up with a new name and move on.  Let him have the name......he tainted it with his behavior, so do you want to be associated with any longer than necessary?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
It really is that easy.  :aok
Then why dont you do it? other then you made a name after o PF song?............ Did you recruit any of the current people other then Syko and Habu? How can you say Habu is a "true pig" when he only has been on sqaud vox once......?

darn i did it again I need to stop posting here......

Is JG7 taken by any sqauds right now? I always liked that wing :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"