Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27657 times)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2009, 01:39:20 AM »
Best bear experience I had was when a guide, his wife(cooK), and my dad were heading into the Tetons on horseback for over a week.  We didnt notice the fresh bearclaw marks in the tree until the horses got spooked.   When we saw the marks and realized we were looking up at them on horseback we knew that being unarmed sucked.

We tied our horses far from our camp, and we tied our food high in the air. I learned to function throught the days with little sleep at night.  By the last few nights I didnt fear the bears.  They stink like nothing you have smelled if you get close, but you get used to them. 

What I'm trying to say is that Furballers won this thread and also stole the OP's squad.  :banana:

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2009, 05:37:23 AM »
I was ready to trip someone if I needed to (I didn't want to be the slowest to clear the area if they got irked, and waist-deep snow can be a hindrance when you need to flee).
<Blinding light.Deep voice> Grasshopper,you have truly learned the meaning of situational awareness. I am pleased.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Online gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2009, 05:41:28 AM »
Makes mental note not to go bear hunting with MtnMan - specially as I cant run for toffee, let alone away from a rampaging bear lol....

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2009, 12:26:56 PM »
Going fishing in Alaska.... the first thing you learn is to take friends you can outrun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2009, 12:53:45 PM »
Going fishing in Alaska.... the first thing you learn is to take friends you can outrun.
Rifle's for big game, pistol's to slow your friends down :D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Rifle's for big game, pistol's to slow your friends down :D

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Online gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »
Makes mental note not to fish with Shuffler either  :D

Will be able to run once me cruciate gets operated on and sorted out (with a bit of luck)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »

If you want to wear a crown then start a new squad... you can even name it Twitchy's Squad so that everyone will know that squad is all about you and not the group. All the members can even be named according to the rank you bestow on them like this... twitchy1, twitchy2, etc. All with small case "t" so that everyone will know who's the boss. Then you can send out a list of words they can use in conjunction with your name and let them know that they must pay tribute to you on the public boards at least once a day. The ideas are endless for the "twitchy loves twitchy campaign".

"Twits on the Wing"

It has everything.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »
Or I could name it Army of Muppets and go around saying that I was the CO of the muppets for nine years, and that Kappa never started it in the first place... but then most folks would probably know better than that, and I just wouldn't do something that crappy to begin with. Of course if I could delete posts off the muppets' site and recruit a whole new generation of muppets under my command like Pol Pot in Cambodia, then maybe I'd get away with it huh?  :O
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
Or I could name it Army of Muppets and go around saying that I was the CO of the muppets for nine years, and that Kappa never started it in the first place... but then most folks would probably know better than that, and I just wouldn't do something that crappy to begin with. Of course if I could delete posts off the muppets' site and recruit a whole new generation of muppets under my command like Pol Pot in Cambodia, then maybe I'd get away with it huh?  :O
-Twitchy
You could be Pork Pot :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #430 on: December 06, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »
Pigs
Of
Twitchy's
Wing
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #431 on: December 06, 2009, 06:42:34 PM »
-Twitchy

You've always have been a non-factor in game Twitchy. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2009, 03:02:59 AM »
Is he gunna dig 30 pages deep?

:devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2009, 03:26:24 AM »
Having base takers acting like little Napoleons on country channel...$15/month

Having said base takers trying to tell you you are less of a man for not playing the game to win the war, comparing you to those they served with in real life and did not like, asking you why there are "objectives" if winning the war isn't the ultimate goal, claiming you are a furballer just because you don't want to see them constantly whine on country channel about winning the war following their orders...15$/month

Having a guy that lost his squad try to berate you for these things after 30 embarrassing pages that highlight the reasons for his failure in game by being one of these Napoleons...priceless.

TY Twitchy.  :salute

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2009, 03:36:39 AM »
Having base takers acting like little Napoleons on country channel...$15/month

Having said base takers trying to tell you you are less of a man for not playing the game to win the war, comparing you to those they served with in real life and did not like, asking you why there are "objectives" if winning the war isn't the ultimate goal, claiming you are a furballer just because you don't want to see them constantly whine on country channel about winning the war following their orders...15$/month

Having a guy that lost his squad try to berate you for these things after 30 embarrassing pages that highlight the reasons for his failure in game by being one of these Napoleons...priceless.

TY Twitchy.  :salute

What's in your wallet?  :D