Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27677 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #495 on: December 11, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
It is not written in stone, but there is about 40 pilots that have always known themselves as Pigs.  Hard to envison anything else, ya know.  I agree the POTW name has been mudded, hence the ongoing discussions within the squad.  Imagine the Muppet's in a similar mess.  You might understand...

I do understand, it suks this is happnin, I fought a few of the POTW, and most seem like good fellas, to bad "T" crapped all over it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #496 on: December 11, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
I do understand, it suks this is happnin, I fought a few of the POTW, and most seem like good fellas, to bad "T" crapped all over it.
Yes he did, and hes fighting for that crap.....but my first and only true sqaud has been with the Pigs so the name feels like home in game to me......How can something soo good come to an end, well they always do

man im wasted im getting dramatic,.... :cry :D :aok :rofl :banana:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #497 on: December 11, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
Threads
Weekly

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline nitefox2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #499 on: December 11, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
 i feel the same way junk,we as a squad never wanted all this drama,and im sure other squads didnt want to see 30+ pages of this either,i know i didnt.times change,squads come and go and leadership changes.that is life,you learn to deal with it and move on.just like skuzzy said nobody owns a squad! and the reason for that is drama like this.it is a game and if your legacy in life is about some squad in a GAME,u should step back and think about where you failed in life..if this game was to end tommorrow its not like there would be a top story about it on the ten o'clock news,the stock market aint going to crash because of it..we would all just find another game to play.when i started playing i was known as fritzX and the first squad i was part of was the air raiders(a great group of guys and girls i aint forgot about you she got ya :)) and then i went away for about a year or so,then i got my own computer and took on the name nitefox,and the guy i shared a computer with kept the name fritzX,we started a squad called the devils rejects,there was only three of us ,myself ,fritzX and his cousin Trench,and as time went on we never made a website for it and eventully we disbanded for other reasons,me and fritzX went to the p.o.t.w and trench ended up going to a new founded squad called the V devils rejects.which i thought was cool that the name of a squad that we thought of as we were all zombie fans, was made by 1dogfight, a former pig himself,which was cool to see the name live on and is one of the premiere bombing squads on the game.but in no way shape or form did i feel that somebody had taken somthing from me that i thought of .and dogfight and his crew had made it a legitamint squad which is awsome and i wish them the best of luck in hopes that 10 years from now will still be a premiere squad on the game..with saying that even if i had made a website,made the squad official with hitech where it showed in the squads forums or wherever you go to see the squads list,and ran it for a few years,fell on bad times for a year or so and came back to see another squad with the same name or somebody that was part of the squad take it over,i would not be offended by this move.to me it would be cool just to know that the name survived and lived on.and if the squad wasnt what it was when i left wether it be furballin or base takin when i came back if i didnt like what i saw.then i would have went on to some other squad or started another to see what i could do with it.but either way would i feel that it was my squad just because i came up with the name and they should give it back to me.i would be happy just to see that it had endured.and moved on,espically if i just left it for dead,couldnt pay to play and it was disbanded.no one would have brought this matter on but myself,so there would be no one to be mad at but myself for letting it happen in the first place,and i wouldnt go on the forums to air my dirty laundry and whine about it...its a name of a squad on a game,no hair off my back,no money out of my pocket,no biggie..so just be happy your creation lived on and walk away....and dont make 40 pages out of it for all to see and if you cared for the squad so much why drag its name through the mud,and try to destroy all that it has become in less then a month!!!  

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #500 on: December 11, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »
 :rofl  I guess this means I need to find a Christmass card for Shuffler and the Muppets now.

If you guys think those creative POTW acronyms are something, you should see some of what we've come up with in our squad's private forum.  We will most likely be changing our squads name in the very near iminute future to "Pigs" (Some good fun acronyms to be had with that one too :t ).  But keep your eyes open for the temporary "Pigs Auf Das Wing" and the "Schweinwaffel" in the meantime.  :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:35:55 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
holy frikkin wall o text  paragraphs man  !

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
Well I'm a pig and I could care less what anyone thinks about me or the squad.  I have built friendships in the squad and outside of the squad and that's all that matters.  As far as the other people I don't live with you so think what you want to because I don't care.  

When you get down to the nuts and bolts it's all about the friendships mixed with alittle fun that keeps us here, I think the social status is blown out of proportion "who cares".

~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
Well I'm a pig and I could care less what anyone thinks about me or the squad.  I have built friendships in the squad and outside of the squad and that's all that matters.  As far as the other people I don't live with you so think what you want to because I don't care.  

When you get down to the nuts and bolts it's all about the friendships mixed with alittle fun that keeps us here, I think the social status is blown out of proportion "who cares".

Wow... is this twitchy's shade?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #504 on: December 11, 2009, 02:14:24 PM »
It is not written in stone, but there is about 40 pilots that have always known themselves as Pigs.  Hard to envison anything else, ya know.  I agree the POTW name has been mudded, hence the ongoing discussions within the squad.  Imagine the Muppet's in a similar mess.  You might understand...

Frankly, it's the people that make  the squad, not the name.  I could care less what the muppets are called. I mean, we already have a dumb name "Army of Muppets", so what's in a name?

Your group of guys could be called the SissyBoy NancyPants Gang  and you'd still have the same group of people you like to hang out with.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #505 on: December 11, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »
Steve, i will say thou, That Funny name you call your Squad is a Highly Respected Name by alot of Squads   :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »
Purses
On
Their
Wings

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
Pilots
On
The
Wrag

lol Sorry wrag but it was needed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Pilots
On
The
Wrag

lol Sorry wrag but it was needed.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

I'm soooo linking this in the squad forum.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:12:46 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit