Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27669 times)

Offline Kurtank

• Zinc Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »
I'm sorry. But there's an old saying EVERYONE here ought to know.

You don't diddly another man's wife. Plain and simple.

Twitch started the Pigs. He may not be the de facto leader, but he is ALWAYS the founder. I don't know what the situation is, but what's his is his. The POTW have been an AHII staple for years, and I hate to see them go. And to anyone calling twitch a menstruating banana; You can't blame a man fighting to defend what's his.

That is all.
DeMaskus (Yes, we share an account.)

[357th] Death Dragons

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
first i'd like to state that i'm posting this against the wish's of my squady's. i've held my toung long enough

twitchy. your a cry baby. plane and simple. if you start a bussiness retire and sell it. you can't come back in a year or 2 take it back and demand it to change. witch is what you were trying to do with POTW. you left Syko took over and made the squad into somethin you never could. we are furballers base takers, GVers, what ever alows us to get our $15 worth. we all do our own thing but still back each other up when needed. you couldn't accept this lil fact when you came back so we as a squad booted you. and although we MAY LET you take the name POTW we are still going to be pigs. and the OINK stay's with us. don't like it. cry about it in another post. or take it up with me in the DA. <FINGER> TWITCH TARD
You squaddies were right :lol

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #527 on: December 13, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »

Twitchy- glad you got the name back.  Even though I don't really think there's "ownership" of that name, it stank of dirty pool (or pig-pen). 

I have more respect for the "old" pigs that returned the name to you.

But, more importantly, I think the "not" in your quote should be "naught" (as it is later on in your quote).

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #528 on: December 13, 2009, 09:00:16 PM »
yea but if you divorce your wife and she remarries do you have controle of there relationship? yea he founded it but he also abandoned it for almost 2 years. syko saved it

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #529 on: December 13, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »
I'm sorry. But there's an old saying EVERYONE here ought to know.

You don't twittle another man's wife. Plain and simple.

Twitch started the Pigs. He may not be the de facto leader, but he is ALWAYS the founder. I don't know what the situation is, but what's his is his. The POTW have been an AHII staple for years, and I hate to see them go. And to anyone calling twitch a menstruating banana; You can't blame a man fighting to defend what's his.

That is all.

Kurtank I suggest you drop that name as it was used a few years back.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »
yea but if you divorce your wife and she remarries do you have controle of there relationship? yea he founded it but he also abandoned it for almost 2 years. syko saved it

I was going by his earlier posts, where he mentioned a "temporary" leave.  I didn't see "divorce" or "retire", but I could be mistaken.  I don't care enough to look back.

The important thing is the "not/naught" aspect of his posts.

The wife thing- if she remarries me, I'd say we're back to "equals" right?  Or does she now control me?  If it was going to be that way, I wouldn't re-marry her.  How would that effect my name?

IMO, if he really did come up with the name originally, it's the nice thing to do (giving it back).  I wouldn't say he "owns" the name, but I wouldn't say the rest of you do either.  Don't attach more weight to my opinion than it deserves though; if you don't like it, just ignore it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:41:04 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kurtank

• Zinc Member
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2009, 09:39:14 PM »
Kurtank I suggest you drop that name as it was used a few years back.
Can't tell if that's a joke or serious.  :lol
DeMaskus (Yes, we share an account.)

[357th] Death Dragons

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »

I was going by his earlier posts, where he mentioned a "temporary" leave.  I didn't see "divorce" or "retire", but I could be mistaken.  I don't care enough to look back.

The important thing is the "not/naught" aspect of his posts.

The wife thing- if she remarries me, I'd say we're back to "equals" right?  Or does she now control me?  If it was going to be that way, I wouldn't re-marry her.  How would that effect my name?

IMO, if he really did come up with the name originally, it's the nice thing to do (giving it back).  I wouldn't say he "owns" the name, but I wouldn't say the rest of you do either.  Don't attach more weight to my opinion than it deserves though; if you don't like it, just ignore it.

Stop with the metaphors... its not a wife or a job its a squad. It has evolved and is no longer in his control now be done with it. He chose to give up all rights and command when he decided to leave us, no matter what the reason. We keep the squad and the name, you keep the "change" Mr.Obama... er herm I meant twitchy..

MrMeaty
fear the flying black pig

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »

Stop with the metaphors... its not a wife or a job its a squad. It has evolved and is no longer in his control now be done with it. He chose to give up all rights and command when he decided to leave us, no matter what the reason. We keep the squad and the name, you keep the "change" Mr.Obama... er herm I meant twitchy..

MrMeaty

So no SissyBoy NancyPants Gang?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
So no SissyBoy NancyPants Gang?

Only in your wettest of dreams.... :neener:

MrMeaty
fear the flying black pig

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2009, 01:20:54 AM »
first i'd like to state that i'm posting this against the wish's of my squady's. i've held my toung long enough

twitchy. your a cry baby. plane and simple. if you start a bussiness retire and sell it. you can't come back in a year or 2 take it back and demand it to change. witch is what you were trying to do with POTW. you left Syko took over and made the squad into somethin you never could. we are furballers base takers, GVers, what ever alows us to get our $15 worth. we all do our own thing but still back each other up when needed. you couldn't accept this lil fact when you came back so we as a squad booted you. and although we MAY LET you take the name POTW we are still going to be pigs. and the OINK stay's with us. don't like it. cry about it in another post. or take it up with me in the DA. <FINGER> TWITCH TARD
I read his posts, and saw his little campaign ads for 'President Syko', and the simple truth of the matter is that Syko had somewhat dishonest delusions of granduer and rather than actually leading the squad, he formed his own elite score wing and let waystin lead the rest of you guys... Syko was my best friend for nine years, until the day I read his posts on the forum and what he had been saying while I was gone, it was pretty devastating stuff to be honest with you. I'm sitting here drinking coffee from a Squad CO coffee mug he sent me right now and it's not a pleasant thing to go through, but he knows what the score is.

For nine years squat, the cohesion of the squad was our only requirement, and that was what made the POTW. Yeah he turned it in to something, but it wasn't Pigs on the Wing, it was Syko's Autonomous Collective. The only changes I wanted to make was to get rid of one smart alek, and bring the squad back into cohesion where it belonged. Doing your own thing is fine, hey I spend 15 bucks just like you do, but doing your own thing isn't what POTW was about, and Syko knew that when he 'took over'.

Syko could have simply started his own squad, any player can. Rather than starting his own, he chose to use and claim credit for the squad's 10 year legacy, sorry but that one thing is completely unacceptable to me.
Like I said before, any player, upon joining the game can choose to start their own squad, but not surprisingly most choose to join an established squad, and when you figure out why that is you can begin to understand the signifigance of your role as a CO and a squad leader. I didn't lead POTW for nine years by being a draconian dictator, but the squad didn't last as long as it did by letting the members fly around and do whatever they wanted. When the Pigs fly, they do so in a herd, or they have no right calling themselves Pigs on the Wing in the first place, Syko included. He used to boot people himself for that very reason FYI.

I'm sorry you don't know me better, I'm actually a pretty decent guy, and I am, or well, used to be a hell of a good squad leader. I will be rebuilding the Pigs on the Wing, and all old the Pigs are welcome, no questions asked. I don't care if you oink or not, I know who oinked the first oink, and it wasn't Syko or myself, but I started the squad and named it, and built it around one simple concept, cohesion. Play for score, just pick a name that doesn't have a ten year history on this game already. Pigs travel in a herd, I'm sorry if that was too much for you guys to handle but it takes a little commitment above and beyond the ordinary, but that's the one single thing that made us POTW.
-Twitchy
<finger> right back at ya  :aok
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
. Pigs travel in a herd, I'm sorry if that was too much for you guys to handle but it takes a little commitment above and beyond the ordinary, but that's the one single thing that made us POTW.
-Twitchy
<finger> right back at ya  :aok
Not for the last two years...................oh and yea we stuck in a herd, all the way over to rook land  :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2009, 02:37:32 AM »
I think 40 is still a possibility ;)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
Can't tell if that's a joke or serious.  :lol

:P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #539 on: December 14, 2009, 12:03:57 PM »
I think 40 is still a possibility ;)

Without question my esteemed colleague. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC