Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27675 times)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #585 on: December 14, 2009, 11:48:07 PM »
I'm hungry too.  Time to leave these 40 pages and go eat!  :aok  :cheers:  :banana:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #586 on: December 14, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #587 on: December 15, 2009, 12:40:28 AM »
Ranja that was awesome :rofl :rofl

Offline F111

• Zinc Member
« Reply #588 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
 :rock

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #589 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
 :rock I wondered myself what the fun is in showing up with a bunch of dweebs 25-30 to overwhelm a base and take it, shooting fighters on the runway, 10:1 or worse, no skill acquired in learning maneuvers, etc., etc. Then logging off until a brief slaughter the next night?  :neener:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #590 on: December 17, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »
can we make it to 41?----------------------->almost there :rock---------------------------> :banana:
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #591 on: December 17, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
41?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #592 on: December 17, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #593 on: December 17, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #594 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
I read his posts, and saw his little campaign ads for 'President Syko', and the simple truth of the matter is that Syko had somewhat dishonest delusions of granduer and rather than actually leading the squad, he formed his own elite score wing and let waystin lead the rest of you guys... Syko was my best friend for nine years, until the day I read his posts on the forum and what he had been saying while I was gone, it was pretty devastating stuff to be honest with you. I'm sitting here drinking coffee from a Squad CO coffee mug he sent me right now and it's not a pleasant thing to go through, but he knows what the score is.

For nine years squat, the cohesion of the squad was our only requirement, and that was what made the POTW. Yeah he turned it in to something, but it wasn't Pigs on the Wing, it was Syko's Autonomous Collective. The only changes I wanted to make was to get rid of one smart alek, and bring the squad back into cohesion where it belonged. Doing your own thing is fine, hey I spend 15 bucks just like you do, but doing your own thing isn't what POTW was about, and Syko knew that when he 'took over'.

Syko could have simply started his own squad, any player can. Rather than starting his own, he chose to use and claim credit for the squad's 10 year legacy, sorry but that one thing is completely unacceptable to me.
Like I said before, any player, upon joining the game can choose to start their own squad, but not surprisingly most choose to join an established squad, and when you figure out why that is you can begin to understand the signifigance of your role as a CO and a squad leader. I didn't lead POTW for nine years by being a draconian dictator, but the squad didn't last as long as it did by letting the members fly around and do whatever they wanted. When the Pigs fly, they do so in a herd, or they have no right calling themselves Pigs on the Wing in the first place, Syko included. He used to boot people himself for that very reason FYI.

I'm sorry you don't know me better, I'm actually a pretty decent guy, and I am, or well, used to be a hell of a good squad leader. I will be rebuilding the Pigs on the Wing, and all old the Pigs are welcome, no questions asked. I don't care if you oink or not, I know who oinked the first oink, and it wasn't Syko or myself, but I started the squad and named it, and built it around one simple concept, cohesion. Play for score, just pick a name that doesn't have a ten year history on this game already. Pigs travel in a herd, I'm sorry if that was too much for you guys to handle but it takes a little commitment above and beyond the ordinary, but that's the one single thing that made us POTW.
-Twitchy
<finger> right back at ya  Thumbs UP!

first off. we have cohesion. we do our own thing but the second someone calls for us we join up. it's rare to see a pig alone not to say it don't happen. syko does lead the pigs and does a great job at it. when you left the squad was nearly gone. look at the numbers now. we have a scoreing wing. and any pig that want's can join it as long as he can hold a score of around 100. waystin just happens to be the co thats on the most. and is leader of 2nd wing.and a great freind to all the pigs. when syko's on we fallow him. this all shows how long you been away. you haven't seen the system syko set up. a sytem that workes. we evan tryed letting you take over and fallowing you. but you couldn't accept the fact that alote of us felt takeing base after base after base with only the goal to reset the map is boring and pointless. and you were mad cause we didn't want to do it 24/7. none of us said you wern't the founder. but most of us never flew with you untill your return. and as far as 1 smart mouthed guy. i saw the list. it was a few more then 1. you just need to get over it and accept that the squad you started died when abanded it and left syko to rebuild it. your just mad cause you couldn't do what syko has done and are trying to take credit for another mans work. if you were so great how many people are in your new basterd wing? how many pig's new or old fallowed you and left syko? NONE

<finger>twitch tard

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #595 on: December 17, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #596 on: December 17, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »
I could go to...
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
Poll: Will we hit 42? Yes or no?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #598 on: December 17, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #599 on: December 17, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »
I know them thar fellers............
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)