Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27671 times)

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »

how about 46
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:50:04 PM by cattb »
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
yo

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »
lol at hanging on  :rofl

POTW is not an amazing name or historic in any way. Just make up another.

How about "The Pursefighters"?  :neener:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
lol at hanging on  :rofl

POTW is not an amazing name or historic in any way. Just make up another.
Actually, a little research goes a long way, I chose POTW for my squad name for a couple reasons, one of them is because I've always been a Floyd fan, the other is a little more pertinent to ariel combat...

Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
Looks more like "Wings on the Pig" than "Pigs on the Wing".   :P
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
this may not be my place to say anything but why all this over a measly squad name? why not sort the problem like adults  :headscratch:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline chewie86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #681 on: December 27, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »
42....45... mine is only at 7 pages ... 
Lube & Shame "peneduro"
My AH2 videos
SDL SEASON 1 Champions:
Loose Deuce
, ~Black Leather & Pink Slippers~

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #682 on: December 27, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
this may not be my place to say anything but why all this over a measly squad name? why not sort the problem like adults  :headscratch:
I know you are but what am I. :neener: Woo Woo Sooka choo Cattb! :banana:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:23:06 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #683 on: December 27, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
this may not be my place to say anything but why all this over a measly squad name? why not sort the problem like adults  :headscratch:
Tried that, Syko has been literally hiding from me for two months. He communicated through another squaddie like a middle schooler, that he wouldn't talk to me directly because he wanted to 'avoid confrontation'. The truth of the matter is that Syko pulled some underhanded and dishonest crap and doesn't want to own up to it. My previous posts on this thread are a glimpse of what's been going on to which I will add that he apaprently even went so far as to create a phoney list of all these squaddies I was going to boot and claimed I had made it.
All I want at this point is the name back, if Syko wants to be the big cheese bad enough to pull this crap on a ten year friend then he should have started his own squad rather than taking credit for the nearly ten year legacy I built. No, nobody owns a squad name, but right is right.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #684 on: December 27, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
Tried that, Syko has been literally hiding from me for two months. He communicated through another squaddie like a middle schooler, that he wouldn't talk to me directly because he wanted to 'avoid confrontation'. The truth of the matter is that Syko pulled some underhanded and dishonest crap and doesn't want to own up to it. My previous posts on this thread are a glimpse of what's been going on to which I will add that he apaprently even went so far as to create a phoney list of all these squaddies I was going to boot and claimed I had made it.
All I want at this point is the name back, if Syko wants to be the big cheese bad enough to pull this crap on a ten year friend then he should have started his own squad rather than taking credit for the nearly ten year legacy I built. No, nobody owns a squad name, but right is right.
-Twitchy
i have heard that you are the only CO for POTW by many people im sure none will forget even if he doesnt give the name up i understand exactly where you are coming from  :salute Twitchy
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #685 on: December 27, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »
Why did you give up a name you wanted to keep?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #686 on: December 27, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »
Why did you give up a name you wanted to keep?
I didn't, I left becasue of financial/marital reasons with the understanding with Syko that yes, I would be returning to the game and reassuming command of my squad when I was able to play again. While I was gone Syko started in on his Mr. President campaign and telling everybody I never started the POTW in the first place and that he had run the squad for nine years. When I got back, I assumed command with a few bumps of course, that is until I confronted Syko on his crap, next thing I know, all my posts are deleted off the POTW site, Syko starts hiding from me and I start hearing rumors about all the terrible things I was going to do if I was command again.
I didn't give the name up shuffler, I foolishly trusted my ten year XO with it while I was gone. If you had to quit the game because of some bad circumstances, and came back to find that your friend was now claiming to be shuffler, that would be pretty crappy, if he was claiming to have been shuffler for the last nine years and that you were never shuffler to begin with and squelching you or hiding from you in game when you tried to confront them, that would be pretty nasty stuff. Now imagine if the doppleganger shuffler ran 'therealshuffler.com' and deleted all your posts and started posting a bunch of anti-shuffler crap on there...
Yeah, you could call yourself shuffler2 and just go on with it, but when you've been shuffler for nearly a decade, it's not something the other guy is going to just get away with because everybody knows better. If it is indeed 'just a name', then why not come up with their own and get off of my porch?
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #687 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:48 AM »
 Cheeze and rice. Give Twitchy the damn name. Its not like most people at this point will think much of anyone wearing that tag at this point now as it is.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #688 on: December 28, 2009, 09:14:33 AM »
I didn't, I left becasue of financial/marital reasons with the understanding with Syko that yes, I would be returning to the game and reassuming command of my squad when I was able to play again. While I was gone Syko started in on his Mr. President campaign and telling everybody I never started the POTW in the first place and that he had run the squad for nine years. When I got back, I assumed command with a few bumps of course, that is until I confronted Syko on his crap, next thing I know, all my posts are deleted off the POTW site, Syko starts hiding from me and I start hearing rumors about all the terrible things I was going to do if I was command again.
I didn't give the name up shuffler, I foolishly trusted my ten year XO with it while I was gone. If you had to quit the game because of some bad circumstances, and came back to find that your friend was now claiming to be shuffler, that would be pretty crappy, if he was claiming to have been shuffler for the last nine years and that you were never shuffler to begin with and squelching you or hiding from you in game when you tried to confront them, that would be pretty nasty stuff. Now imagine if the doppleganger shuffler ran 'therealshuffler.com' and deleted all your posts and started posting a bunch of anti-shuffler crap on there...
Yeah, you could call yourself shuffler2 and just go on with it, but when you've been shuffler for nearly a decade, it's not something the other guy is going to just get away with because everybody knows better. If it is indeed 'just a name', then why not come up with their own and get off of my porch?
-Twitchy

I've been Shuff for a long time but I'm not married to the name. I can take any other name and be the same person. The other guy that may take my name would not be me and folks would know it.

My point is... what's in a name? I mean it's like the kids that are married to a chess piece. It's really unimportant in the big picture. If you make a new name and lead it like you did the POTW earlier on... then that group would be like you want it.

It's not the name, it is how you play that folks will remember. If you made (and I know you did make the original POTW) POTW you can make any other successful.  Good Luck!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #689 on: December 30, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »

you left for 1 /12 to 2 years.you make it seem like it was for a tour or 2. if it was for a few months i'm shore things would be different. we all knew who you were and that you founded the squad even though most of us never meet you. syko never talked badly about you to my knowledge either. you need to just give it up already. your not going to win this one. sorry