Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15542 times)

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
ink theres a reason why newspapers, books etc dont use allcaps - its just completely unreadable. just FYI :)

Yet...I've seen military documents that do....odd.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
ink theres a reason why newspapers, books etc dont use allcaps - its just completely unreadable. just FYI :)

it's all caps? :rofl

i use a custom font so I cant see it oh crap sorry :cry

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
lol ink. that would explain why its so small I had to zoom to 180% to get a good look.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »
When I first joined Air Warrior Radcam was my first choice, and had been left on many vidoe game machines in arcades across the west, but it was already taken and every name I tried after that was unavailable.

As I remember it you had to pick a handle and a cpid. and after a while I came up with splatter as my handle since that was what I seemed to do most often, but it was too long to be my cpid so I tried sick1 e.g. splatter ewww sick1 but sick1 was taken. Then basically out of desperation ( I really wanted too get my fighter pile-it career going now) I typed in SIK1, it wasn't being used and that's been my  handle ever since.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2010, 08:37:52 PM »
My dive gear is Zeagle (BC and regs anyway)
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
if yall remember 1plus44. well hes a good buddy of mine so i put mine as one of my favorite bands and put a 1 in front of it. like he did his. :bolt:

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »

A lot of folks online thinks it's Bill Murray's character from the movie Ghost Busters, but it's not. His name was Peter Venkman.  18 years ago I came to work for a company that has cubicles, and ID badges. Every cubicle has a name plate on the outside so people can find in the cubicle rat maze. The guy in charge of ordering cubicle nameplates, and ID badges was an old guy who was about as sharp as the blunt end of a banana. When all my IDs arrive, the "e" in missing from Vince so everyone thinks my name is Vinc, and they start pronouncing it VinK. Of course it stuck and despite spelling corrections that quickly followed, for 18 years everyone has called me Vink. Some then nicknamed the nickname and call me Vink-man...like Ice-man, or Bat-man I suppose.

On-line check six calls are always interesting. "Viking check six", or "Vikeman, check six"     

But I'm just happy to get a check <S> and figure as often as I get poached, if the name has a V and a K in it, I just break.  :D

Good thread by the way.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vulgar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »
I was playing FA as ReapALL and moved to AH in late 1999 or 2000. I played AH as ReapALL till one weekend, I got up early Saturday or Sunday planning on playing all day and night. I was at my height of my AH addiction!

I could not login, I tried everything, but to no avail. I was jittery and pissed, could not figure out what was wrong, nothing worked, no password email nothing. It was the weekend, the office was closed. I started cussing up a storm, I could not login to get some kills! So I thought screw it, I will start a new account for the weekend and get it straightened out later the next week.

Well I kept trying out names, of course all of the names I tried were already taken. I was already pissed from being denied my fix!  I kept cussing more and more as I tried more names. I was getting really vulgar, then it hit me, vulgar, and it worked! I was up in the air in no time getting my fix!

I planned on getting my old name back, but after a few days, I kinda liked my new name. My GF and her friends said it was more fitting for me, since I cuss so much! Yes I woke my GF up that morning cussing so loud, she asked me later what I was cussing about so early in the morning!

Vulgar

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Best Squadron that ever lived :)

You got that part right now come fly with us all the time!
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
I don't remember what I used when I played AW. Too long in the past and somethings are better left uncovered I would imagine and I know I used the same name from AW in Warbirds.

When I joined up in Fighter Ace back in 1999 I joined as Six. That became LJK_Six when I joined up with LuftJagerKorps (LJK) in FA since I was the 6th person to join up coincidentally. Then I switched over to LJK_Reschke because I had always liked the little LW oberfeldwebel who flew with Geschwaderstab JG301. I was a numbers dude in my time in the AH Beta at that point. Then when LJK made the switch I had to change my name to LJKResch. When LJK closed up shop and I started VF-17 back in September of 2002 I changed my name to Reschke to make it simpler and its been that way ever since.

Although I am thinking it might be time for a new name...who knows what it will end up as.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:47:14 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »
Back in the 1960s I was a long-haired redhead and the first (and only) student to grow a beard at my grammar school. A humourous schoolmate, a son of one of the old Kenya colonials, decided to call me by the Swahili word for lion - Simba - and it stuck. Now, I'm getting old 'n' the hair's turning white, but I've still got the beard and I'll continue to

ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR RRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:old:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:26:00 PM by Simba »
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
Back in the 1960s I was a long-haired redhead and the first (and only) student to grow a beard at my grammar school.

How many years were you held back?   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
Held back? Na, just advanced for my age.

:cool:

Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »
<----- A C P is the first letters in my 1st name middel name and last name

442 is well what do you think......the one my dad has is a 72 442 with V8 twin supercharged and NOS
it will do mid 10s in 1/4 mile strip :aok :rock die mustangs DIE!!!! :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t :t
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"