Author Topic: CH Products (A-10 HOTAS) Picture!  (Read 7545 times)

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
Re: CH Products (A-10 HOTAS) Picture!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
My X-52 lasted a whole six months.   Lost the Throttle pot itself (had to use the slider on the Throttle, for throttle).   I lost two hat switches on the Stick, lost the trigger.

I have seen where these pots go bad, seems to be common. to bad they don't make a stronger pot or  make them easy to replace.
I have one and the hat switch pot has gone out also. I took it apart to look at it, looks like a hassle to remove and replace and only place I can see of getting parts would be from saitek. I have googled for saitek parts bout everyway I can think of with no results.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
I have seen where these pots go bad, seems to be common. to bad they don't make a stronger pot or  make them easy to replace.
I have one and the hat switch pot has gone out also. I took it apart to look at it, looks like a hassle to remove and replace and only place I can see of getting parts would be from saitek. I have googled for saitek parts bout everyway I can think of with no results.

Saitek doesn't do parts for their joysticks. The bottom line is they are like most of the other asian companies when it comes to replacements...."we give you new one, we take back bad one." IF you bought the extended warranty...aka covered the cost of manufacturing for them on the second one.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline jocko-

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 12:25:28 AM »
This is actually quite an exciting time, here I thought that the upscale, high fidelity sim market was dead and whammo, 4 new high end HOTASes show up (well, 3 1/2 that is, until CH confirms the civvie version of theirs - and we know they will). No company has gotten it completely right yet but I like elements of each of Logitech's, Saitek's and TM's offerings. BTW, here's a composite pic of TM's HOTAS Warthog from the flash ad on the website:

TM has gone whole hog (no pun intended) and put all the same switches you find on the A-10 throttle panel on the HOTAS - Flap lever, friction adjuster, even the APU and engine fuel flow controls. Aft of that is another small switch panel which is (I think) the autopilot controls in the RL A-10C. It's a great idea for virtual A-10C pilots who are waiting for DCS's new sim but other than the friction and flap controls the average cartoon WWII pilot will have to ignore all the placarded switch titles and imagine he's selecting a bomb to drop while pushing the landing gear warning horn cutout button. Or whatever.

Saitek gets my nod for best generic controller, and I like the switch panel mount ahead of the throttles, but they lost me with their force sensing stick. I don't care much for today's plastic uber jets so I don't want an F-16-style force stick to fly WWII prop jobs. Time will tell if Saitek made a good design decision there.

Watching and waiting...

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:27:09 AM by jocko- »
417jocko
XO
351st FS, 353rd FG
"Slybirds!"

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »
I like the look of the X65. Would be great to try a stick with force sencing.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
I guess all you would need to do is sell 200 sticks before you started to make a profit. :aok

Or just 1 to the United States Government

;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty