Author Topic: Grab Bag of Bugs  (Read 500 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Grab Bag of Bugs
« on: November 30, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
The current map in LWOrange (Trinity? Three oceans and a three-pronged mountain range with a TT in the middle of a circle of mountains) has a broken strat zone on the northern front line of the western country. Only two of the factories work; the rest stay at 0% forever.

A Wirblewind's turret will continue to "fire" after it's dead. The Wirblewind himself cannot see it, but all the players around him will see his tracers flying through the air when he pulls the trigger.

If you disable tracers on your end, you cannot see your own tracers in a Wirblewind or Ostwind, but everyone else can.

Either the P-51B's red overall-fuel marker is not calibrated correctly or 50% fuel is not literally half of full capacity. Was using the default skin.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Grab Bag of Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
If you disable tracers on your end, you cannot see your own tracers in a Wirblewind or Ostwind, but everyone else can.

this is annoying :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
A Wirblewind's turret will continue to "fire" after it's dead. The Wirblewind himself cannot see it, but all the players around him will see his tracers flying through the air when he pulls the trigger.

I've noticed this too...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »
Also, there's an ack gun in the town that fires only one round per "burst."

When a 109 (g14 in this case) bails out with an oil leak, everyone that can see him has their frame rate drop to about 10.

Bailed out pilots (other than yourself) no longer fall to the ground. They immediately pop up at ground level and sprout a chute when the player opens it. They'll stay on the same spot on the ground until they tower or reach the ground and start walking around.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:04:34 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »
Also, there's an ack gun in the town that fires only one round per "burst."

When a 109 (g14 in this case) bails out with an oil leak, everyone that can see him has their frame rate drop to about 10.

It might have been a G14, although I stated the K4.  We fought with both aircraft, and I'm not sure now which model it was.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:51:27 PM »
I JUST show down a G14 that I had killed the oil on. He was the last bandit in the area and he continued flying a few minutes before he bailed out in front of me, which dropped my FPS in the toilet. My wingman exclaimed the same. I saved the film, too. :D

EDIT: The frame rate even dumps when you watch the film.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qi2jgg3zgjk
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:01:53 PM by OOZ662 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »
The current map in LWOrange (Trinity? Three oceans and a three-pronged mountain range with a TT in the middle of a circle of mountains) has a broken strat zone on the northern front line of the western country. Only two of the factories work; the rest stay at 0% forever.

Yes, it is Trinity, and the broken zone is Zone #6: Once the factories are down, they never ever regain their functionality again.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:38:45 AM »
I've noticed this too...
that is crazy, ive been shot down countless times because of it
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:47 AM »
that is crazy, ive been shot down countless times because of it

The tracers aren't lethal (I spent around half an hour "firing" into a furball with a dead turret just playing around with it), but the tweaking involved with tracers flying past you can certainly make a bad situation worse.