Author Topic: Playing tank war  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Playing tank war
« on: December 01, 2009, 11:05:41 AM »
I gotta admit Im surprised so many players still upp tanks in the game. Dont get me wrong, I kill tanks by the bucket, tho only with cannon. But now? More often then before. I see bomb****s upping bombers and traveling distances just to drop their ords on tanks at a GV base spawn in.

We have to shorten the icon distance to give the tanks a chance against these bombers flinging ords on them. If it is 1,500 now? then make it 1,000. That way the bomb flingers will be much more exposed to flak, dud bombs, and the tank guns themselves.

As it stands now the tanks dont have a chance against the bomb****s. Shortening the icon range is the fastest and easiest thing that can be done. :salute

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
Re: Playing tank war
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
I gotta admit Im surprised so many players still upp tanks in the game. Dont get me wrong, I kill tanks by the bucket, tho only with cannon. But now? More often then before. I see bomb**** upping bombers and traveling distances just to drop their ords on tanks at a GV base spawn in.

We have to shorten the icon distance to give the tanks a chance against these bombers flinging ords on them. If it is 1,500 now? then make it 1,000. That way the bomb flingers will be much more exposed to flak, dud bombs, and the tank guns themselves.

As it stands now the tanks dont have a chance against the bomb****s.

I agree poor tankers seem to get bombed no matter where they go. I have an Idea! Just remove tank Icons! :x

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
I spot most of my tanks without icons anyway.....

:aok

Still gonna bomb ya if choose to!

Strip

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »
I agree poor tankers seem to get bombed no matter where they go. I have an Idea! Just remove tank Icons! :x

Not a bad idea either. Those of us that gun tanks the old fashioned way are losing out with the current rules too. Manay times lately I line up a tank to place 2 to 4 Hurri-D rounds just perfect...and while 300 away? BOOM! There goes the tank from a 1,000lb bomb.

Its no wonder when they quit spawning in. How many times would you put up with that?

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »
The old "Change the game to the way that suits me best" plot.......classic.

:rofl

Edit:

I mean seriously....

You are giving someone grief for bombing a tank while your trying to gun it down?

You cant see how that is the least bit hypocritical?

Newsflash....if you can see a ground vehicle with your Hurricane they can see it, regardless of icons.

No icons just means youll both have a harder go at it, if only slightly.

Strip
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:15:41 AM by Strip »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
You are giving someone grief for bombing a tank while your trying to gun it down?

You cant see how that is the least bit hypocritical?

Not in the slightest. Any moron can drop a bomb on a tank from a heavy bomber.

Actually the point I was making is that the rules are skewed against the tanks no matter how one kills them. Getting rid of the icons would make things more fair. It would make killing them "my way" harder too, but Im OK with that. Try it for a month in a MA and I bet it would work out fine.

Newsflash....
I spot most of my tanks without icons anyway
All 4 of them? Or thereabouts? :lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:29:49 AM by Rich46yo »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
Really? A good tank driver can make anything but a Lancstuka look foolish.

The Lancstuka (and its brothers) take care of that all by their self....

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
Not in the slightest. Any moron can drop a bomb on a tank from a heavy bomber.

Actually the point I was making is that the rules are skewed against the tanks no matter how one kills them. Getting rid of the icons would make things more fair. It would make killing them "my way" harder too, but Im OK with that. Try it for a month in a MA and I bet it would work out fine.

Newsflash.... All 4 of them? Or thereabouts? :lol

yeahhh great idea... and on the flip side make it impossible for tanks to attack towns and bases. Since some tankers want their own war. Or better yet find a tank game.... wow what an idea.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
while I rarely ever carry bombs at all... I believe tanks are there for one reason, targets for airplanes  :devil
In all honesty, I do believe the tanks are there mroe for "flavor" than anything else.  This is, and will be, primarily a flight sim/game. 

(again my opinion, not necissarily right, nor wrong, jsut my thoughts)

BTW forgive my horrid typing, passin another kidney stone, so I am good and doped up on percocets.

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »

BTW forgive my horrid typing, passin another kidney stone, so I am good and doped up on percocets.

Sol

OOOOwwwww sorry to hear that. Hope all comes out OK.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »
OOOOwwwww sorry to hear that. Hope all comes out OK.

It will.. unfortunately i've had them before.  Used to eat rolaids like candy for heartburn, before I got put on Protonix.  Not making any NEW sotnes thank god, but the ones I have, still have to pass.... and they are "too small" to do anything about.  Ugh... I would hate to see what a BIG one does....

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
while I rarely ever carry bombs at all... I believe tanks are there for one reason, targets for airplanes  :devil

Sol

WHAT!!!!    :huh    I thought everything in this game was a target   :x   :aok   

I admit it, I like the OP idea, but it just does not seem to be feasable IMO.   Though it would be fun to try it at..... say the same range you see icons  GV to GV   :devil

:bolt:

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
I spot most of my tanks without icons anyway.....

Still gonna bomb ya if choose to!

Strip

+1
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
I never understood why they never restricted heavy bombers to f6 mode and or angle limits consistent to their real life counterparts.  It's one of the most gaming the game type things that take away from believability.  What other part of the game is more x-box than exterior mode take off and suicide dropping your full load at low level?

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
I like to tank, hate to be bombed, love to bomb, it is a revolving circle.
Strokes