Author Topic: new cities  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
new cities
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:59:18 AM »
Will we be able to put/edit the new cities in ava/sea maps to make them represent actual cities or do they only work as strat objects?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: new cities
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:30:31 PM »
No idea until the new TE comes out. Only thing we know right now is that they are 8 miles squared and that the strats are positioned within that space along with city objects.

So you should be able to place these large cities where you want on the map and roughly simulate historical cities in theory.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »
No idea until the new TE comes out. Only thing we know right now is that they are 8 miles squared and that the strats are positioned within that space along with city objects.

So you should be able to place these large cities where you want on the map and roughly simulate historical cities in theory.
That will be cool! :x

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
You can view all the new city objects in the Skin Viewer. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 02:10:17 AM »
I don't have the SV installed.

Ranger does it all show as one or is it in pieces in the SV? I would love to make it look like stalingrad, but not if its square and with a river running through it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »
You can see em as individual blocks & individual buildings.

I don't have the SV installed.
How the heck do you work on your skins without it?  That'd be tough.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
My computer went out on me a few months ago and I haven't been working on any skins on this new one since then, so there was no reason for me to install it.  :D
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
You can use the city stuff as static objects.  The strat is activated by using two zones per country.  1-4, 2-5, and 3-6 are the pairings.

If you stick to one zone per country, then the strat is disabled.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »
I hope you mean the ability to hide the strat is disabled, but that it's still active as part of the strat supply system?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:15:18 PM »
Yes, I think thta is what I meant to say, but I will have to check in the morning. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
Hiding the strat?  Me confused as to why. :headscratch:
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »
when you first place the new citcompx in the TE a pop up window  asks for which field and zone owns it,dont understand that, but if you give it a field # ownership then it shows up as that field #.
so i tried placing them with no field # and just the zone # and they show up as the correct zone,so i thought ok i got it,wrong,although in the TE they show as being in the correct zone, when i build the terrain it crashes but still built the terrain.i put it in offline and try it and their there but they are all owned by country 1 field 1
so again i go into the TE and check field 1 and sure enough all the strats,even though they are in the right zone in the properties box they are owned by field 1.
sooo i guess to get them to be owned by the right country you have to bring up each individual city blocks property box and change that to the country,1-2-3
to get them be owned by the right country.
what im saying i guess is isnt this an awful lot of uneeded work to put these citcompxs in.there are alot of propety boxes to go through and change to get them to come out right or am i doing something wrong here.
seems to me it would have been made to just place them,set the zone they are for and it would be done.idk.
also if you need to delete them as i am having to do,you again have to delete each individual block to get them all deleted,seems they would all be connected to just one object to be deleted the same as they are placed.
and as for what skuzzy is saying about the strat be disabeled if each country has only 1 zone,then how is this gonna work with AVA terrains(which is what mine is intended for)when there is only 1 zone for each country? :headscratch:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:48:48 AM by danny37 »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »
Okay, you almost had it.

Working with a copy of your terrain...

Pick a spot for your city, and select it in the groups list (like a TG) and place it. A dialog box pops up just as you say. Select the field nearest your HQ and use that for the "field that will own these objects". Set the zone as follows, 1 for Bish, 2 for Knit, and 3 for Rook, click OK. Remember select all the cells under this city and use the "Flatten terrain" button. Save and build your terrain.

On a large terrain where you want a second Rook city, say 60 to 70 miles back from the front lines, follow the instructions above except make sure that the airfield (before you set the city) and city are both assigned as zone 6 for Rook for instance. See Skuzzy's zone list post.

Suppose that this Rook airfield is field 91. When you decide to flip A91 from zone 3 to zone 6, go into the zone list, highlight A91 and click the Properties button. Select zone 6 and click OK. This will change the zone for anything owned by A91, it's town and it's spawn points etc, you don't need to change them one at a time. Now when you go to set the city, and assign ownership to A91, zone 6, all will be as it should be. It's also possible that you might be able to simply assign city ownership to A91, zone 3, and then come back and flip it all to zone 6, but I haven't tried it.

Remember, this is all new to me too, so there may be additional details I haven't learned yet.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:31:14 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »
thanx easy,tried it again this morning and it came out right,yesterday though when i done it the strats showed as the airfields that owned them on the map in the TE.
all is well now though :salute

on another note something i noticed,the water not zero has been changed to steep sloped water.
does this mean we can now have water above zero as long as its on flat terrain?

i ask because my strats are above zero ground level,so to test it, i added water in the strat to simulate a river around the city and other parts.
when i check the steep water slope it came back as all water vertices ok,just wondering about that,would be cool to be able to have terrains
where there could be lakes in mountainous areas with some vbases for pt and lvt battles and make it little harder for the gv eggers to get to. :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:34:51 AM by danny37 »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »
Limit your water slope to 3 feet in one half mile, and you're gtg now.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001