Author Topic: Wait a second... WOW DID THEY REALLY?!?!?  (Read 703 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Wait a second... WOW DID THEY REALLY?!?!?
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:01 AM »
I think HTC might of actually stopped lanc stukas!

The current system we have now only shows damage points, and does not show kills in bomber category. I don't even think a kill gets you any damage points.

OK stick with me on this, now lanc stukas will have NO reward when they bomb GVs! It doesn't even help their score! I think this will greatly reduce the lanc stukas, because it is almost a punishment for the bomber if he cares about his score!

The only reason now to lanc stuka is if it is an emergency, so it is not fool proof, but its a start!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Wait a second... WOW DID THEY REALLY?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:53:48 AM »
Too early to tell.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:45 AM »
I dont know of anyone who "Lancstukas" just to get their name in lights.  It's usually just done as an extremely cheezy way to stop gv's enroute to a base or town.  No... the kills dont help their scores as bombers, never have. 

The only effective way to stop "Lancstukaing" is going to be to set limits on releasing bombs over a certain dive angle for bombers with internal bays... as it is in real life.  Example... if the bomber you are flying has a maximum dive angle of 20 degrees for bomb release, and you are diving at 25 degrees when you try to release bombs... nothing happens.  Eggs stay in the carton.

***G3-MF***

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »
I dont know of anyone who "Lancstukas" just to get their name in lights.  It's usually just done as an extremely cheezy way to stop gv's enroute to a base or town.  No... the kills dont help their scores as bombers, never have. 

The only effective way to stop "Lancstukaing" is going to be to set limits on releasing bombs over a certain dive angle for bombers with internal bays... as it is in real life.  Example... if the bomber you are flying has a maximum dive angle of 20 degrees for bomb release, and you are diving at 25 degrees when you try to release bombs... nothing happens.  Eggs stay in the carton.

that brings up the ju88.

could they release their internal ords when they dive bombed? or just the externals?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:44 AM »
Not just that but a lot of fighters can only be upped as "fighters" and not "attackers".

So now the score crowd is going to have to actually fly attack aircraft instead of just using the fighters both ways.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »
that brings up the ju88.

could they release their internal ords when they dive bombed? or just the externals?

Up to a certain angle, all of them.  Over that angle... just the externals.

***G3-MF***

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »
Up to a certain angle, all of them.  Over that angle... just the externals.

i asked, because i think....not sure......but i think that i had read somewhere that the 88 pilots were trained to dive at 45 degree+ angles........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »
That gets me thinking of how the A20, B25 and Mossie work, then. Need to do some research.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »
I think HTC might of actually stopped lanc stukas!

The current system we have now only shows damage points, and does not show kills in bomber category. I don't even think a kill gets you any damage points.

OK stick with me on this, now lanc stukas will have NO reward when they bomb GVs! It doesn't even help their score! I think this will greatly reduce the lanc stukas, because it is almost a punishment for the bomber if he cares about his score!

The only reason now to lanc stuka is if it is an emergency, so it is not fool proof, but its a start!

The reward has always been ruining someones day and the landed kills message.  It was never done for the points  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Not sure on the Mossie.... but the A20 and B-25 didnt use the "helldiving" tactic.  They used what is commonly referred to as "glide bombing".   There are also cases of B-25 pilots using "skip bombing" which we cant do in AH2.  (letting the bomb go at low altitude at a flat angle and actually "skipping" the bomb with a time delay fuse over the water to its target)

The hard part about coding release angle limits into the game, is that each plane would be different.  Not only that, but the angle would vary depending on the weight of the bomb, AND its position in the bay.  Bombs closer to the front have a shallower release angle, while those in the rear can release steeper.

It's all about clearing the front of the bay after release.

***G3-MF***

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »
i asked, because i think....not sure......but i think that i had read somewhere that the 88 pilots were trained to dive at 45 degree+ angles........

The JU88 was designed to follow the Blitz doctrine of dive bombing.  It had to be able to dive bomb- that was a primary requirement.

That being said- they dive bombed with externals, not interal weapons.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »
I saw yesterday that the game play was changed drastically and the missions to try and take bases were confused looking since guys had no idea of what to do. That will change as people figure it out.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"