Author Topic: Country Jumpers  (Read 1778 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Country Jumpers
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
What if you go from blue to ornage etc in that time period? I wish I would have film/taken a screenshot of this situation (smacks self in face) :o

You're right Junky there is something a little wacky going on with Country time changes.  A lot of the time you can go to the other arena and switch sides even if the arena you are in says you can't change for xxx minutes. 

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
Spies exist in people's minds as something they can blame their failure on. The guys that really do spy seem to be pretty quickly outted by the community and are in a minority. Being paranoid of people spying on you in a game must really suck.  :frown:

yes their mythical creatures like bigfoot, which is why the discussion lead to how the "chupa cabras" cannot be stopped because of their communications outside of this game...you will probably read this an make more opinionated assumptions of failure, paranoia and weeping. please make an attempt at creating a thought that has some sort of fact to it...otherwise just let it go :rolleyes:   
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:41 PM »
I kinda think some folks take this game far too seriously.

And Skuzzy, I need some clarification on this shooting down the other guy bit.  Are you suggesting I'm not winning when I get shot down?

I get so confused sometimes :furious :huh :cry
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 03:41:02 AM »
Am I the only one that, when in a mission and I see a large nme dar bar pop up at the base I am heading towards, think to myself (or type/say on range)  "Woot! This is gonna be FUN!"?

I encourage spies to inform the enemy about my missions.

No fun if their isn't any bad guys to kill.

Even MORE fun when there is a lot of them.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 03:49:38 AM »
Am I the only one that, when in a mission and I see a large nme dar bar pop up at the base I am heading towards, think to myself (or type/say on range)  "Woot! This is gonna be FUN!"?

I encourage spies to inform the enemy about my missions.

No fun if their isn't any bad guys to kill.

Even MORE fun when there is a lot of them.
No your not the only one, but a person that would be your exact opposite would be perfect for the Devils rejects :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 04:29:18 AM »
Currently, the best way is to shoot down the other guy before he shoots you down.  Ta-da!

Skuzzy, I know you had the heart of a furballer within you.

Now I understand why you're the head of the Consortium of Twelve of SAPP.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
I know there is nothing anybody can do aboiut it, even HTC, but i wanted to complain about thoose jerks who join your missions and leave after they know the target, go to the other side, and tell all there buddies where the low and slow bombers are at and where they're going. Anyway thats my complaint for today.  :old:

look at the bright side.

he's bringing you more cons to kill.

that said, it would piss me off too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 08:52:23 PM »
All this talk about spies has everyone on edge:   :noid

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 09:00:48 PM »
Perhaps it could be noted in the text buffer...**** country changed to ******

It won't stop those changing and has no real effect if you don't have an agenda behind your move other than the fighting on your side is a little lack luster.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:03:19 PM by SPKmes »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
I switch between rooks and knights several times a week.  I like to play rook but my squad plays as a knight.  as a courtesy to others i follow this rules.

1 I announce on country Chanel that I am switching and wish everybody good luck.
2 I never go back and fight in the same area that I was flying around for the other country.
3 never take advantage of the information I have flying for the other country, that includes cv location, missions, etc..

there's been many times where i get shot down by some guy that I was just helping not 5 minutes before because he switches countries to take advantage of the situation.  some of these guys are so called "best" players in the game.  that's how they play and nothing I can do about it.  it dont even bother me anymore.  I just dont help them or even bother to give them check sixes.

people are gonna play however they wanna play.  so just make sure nobody takes the fun away from you and if they do.  then join me playing pogo.  I never get tired of that, or look at the banana dance  :banana:. now that's enternaining  :D

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »
shuffler, corkyjr, delerium, soulss, and others in the 80th finally convinced me to switch sides. we switch to the low numbers sides.

know what? it adds soooo much more depth. meet pile-its and talk with em, that otherwise you wouldn't have........

shoudl try it...... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 05:28:12 PM »
Perhaps it could be noted in the text buffer...**** country changed to ******
This is what I'm talking about, and i do enjoy a good fight but as you can see some agree that it can be a nuisance when the best mission of the night fails because it got jumped by a country jumper.
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »
This is what I'm talking about, and i do enjoy a good fight but as you can see some agree that it can be a nuisance when the best mission of the night fails because it got jumped by a country jumper.

It wasn't a very good mission if one guy busts it.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »
A very easy way to prevent country jumping would be to make it last all month, or at least the rest of the map.  I dont buy  the "change to the low side" story because usually within minutes other players log on and numbers get all messed up again. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »
 :uhoh
ZOMG!!!!
SP13Z!!!!
 :uhoh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA