Author Topic: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...  (Read 4122 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »
You should vist MW sometime. Knights are the gangbangers in there! They roll a map nearly every day. 6 boxs of lancs drop all hangers and leave ord then turn attention to town where goons and /or m3 are on station. You have 110's F6's and many others circling like buzzards waiting for the dummy that ups when a hanger pops!

i was flying bish the other night, and having fun fighting some ex-squaddies. the fact is, that it was me vs anywhere from 3 to 6 of them.
 at first, i was doing it for base defense. then when i called for help multiple times, and got none.....all the while being able to look at the map, and a stream of green dots flying from a1 to v2...at least 6........i gave up defense, and just started trying to find a single one to fight.

rogue, and alpha81 both came out and fought me 1-1. rogue ran outta gas, called it, and i let him glide home. alpha81, i had alt on, and knew it was him...so i was trying to keep my alt, and force him into a mistake. once or twice he seemed to make a mistake, but at times i couldn't capatalize on them. he ran outta gas, right about the time rodent came in, and popped me.
 they were fun fights though.

but my point......if one calls for help, and everyone :neener: :D is too busy to help, then they deserve to lose their bases.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
I Played about an hour last night, No fun, got frustrated with just trying to defend countless Waves, Both sides just rolled us, that's no fun and it seems to be getting worse, The Game would be better if there was just 2 countries, but then again it would probally end up lopsided to.What made me log off is when the Knights began bashing each other, i guess it was out of frustration who knows but i logged..

were you in mw last nigfht?

htere was some extrememly fun open channel poop flinging between larry, n7, and bulldog, and bootleg.
larry and n7 didn't start it..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 12:06:54 PM »
It happens on all sides, but somehow each side gets a reputation for one thing or another and people alter the reality to fit their perception.  We (Bish) were fighting off rook NOE raids one after another Saturday night.  Sunday the 8 of us in LW Blue were getting hammered by the 40 other people in the arena, not a single fight between rooks and knights.  It happens everywhere.  Sometimes you get a few "leaders" on who have their specialty and I guess that's where these reputations get built.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 12:10:17 PM »
It happens on all sides, but somehow each side gets a reputation for one thing or another and people alter the reality to fit their perception.  We (Bish) were fighting off rook NOE raids one after another Saturday night.  Sunday the 8 of us in LW Blue were getting hammered by the 40 other people in the arena, not a single fight between rooks and knights.  It happens everywhere.  Sometimes you get a few "leaders" on who have their specialty and I guess that's where these reputations get built.

i've noticed(more since i started playing low numbers) that there's a couple squads that i ALWAYS find above me. there's one or 2 that i always find medium to low alt.

in general, the fights seem to be moving up in mw.

i was stirring the pot last night.....on auto climb. 27k(  :O ) i go level onto auto pilot. looking for the red guy i know is below me. guess where he was? above me. i climbed to 30k, and was co-alt. rather than fight me(it woulda been spit9 vs 38j) he chose to dive down to the buffs that were down at 10k.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »
Well stone me with melon pips, I actually agree with BnZs.

Cap, had I been the spit 9, you'd have been the first one to engage (or at least try to in my case obviously lol....). I always go for the highest con and try to work my way down - don't want some sneaky bugger dropping on me when busy etc etc..

Wurzel (doesn't really care about the ganging, but c'mon guys, 5 for little old me???)   :D
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
Cap, had I been the spit 9, you'd have been the first one to engage (or at least try to in my case obviously lol....). I always go for the highest con and try to work my way down - don't want some sneaky bugger dropping on me when busy etc etc..

I'll believe that when i see it!!  big emphasis on the try   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »
If you leave the remaining knights will be even more outnumbered. That makes you part of the problem!  :P

No sorry your wrong , Its hard to have fun when getting off the runway was like running a gauntlet lol  Then if you was lucky to get anyone in your crosshairs then take a quick 6 look only to see 4 or 5 red guys dead on yer 6  lol  Why stay and get frustrated? when i logged it was  121 rook 96 bish 62 knights.... yea fun,.... for the other side.. Its cool that your sides worked together that's good   :salute...  BishRook Federation? how come its not the RookBish Federation??  Rooks are you going to let the Bish do that to ya, they seem to be claiming superiority over you  hehehe (trying to stir da S&^%Pot)  lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
posted this in another thread but it is relevant

the strat / HQ for the southern team is unfair on smpizza as is.

A30 is capturable when it is the closest field to the Strat.  I would say it needs to be moved 1 sector SW closer to the un-capturable fields.

This isn't a whine I enjoyed killing the guys bombing it but in fairness it needs to be modified.  Plus the dweebs on rooks had an easy time adding to their damage scores!

The rooks were encouraged by this a30 base being so close so pushed home their attacks to milk the strat which is unfairly placed for the southern team.  I suspect this would happen to any team but as the map is small a fairly easy objective to fulfil.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
I really don't understand the OP, I spend most of my time fighting rooks.

Folks, play nice.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »
Well stone me with melon pips, I actually agree with BnZs.

Wurzel (doesn't really care about the ganging, but c'mon guys, 5 for little old me???)   :D

i think that would've been a FUN fight..........amazing how different the aircraft are up there.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
i think last night on the knights side base 15 was a capturable GV base that spawned right into our Capital next to the strats?? that made no sense

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »
i think last night on the knights side base 15 was a capturable GV base that spawned right into our Capital next to the strats?? that made no sense

There is tweaking to be done yet.

Folks, play nice.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
were you in mw last nigfht?

htere was some extrememly fun open channel poop flinging between larry, n7, and bulldog, and bootleg.
larry and n7 didn't start it..........

Cap ive been finding myself playing in that arena alot more now, lots of fun  :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »
I'll believe that when i see it!!  big emphasis on the try   :D

Hey you, I did say try  :D (always picking on me, sheesh, what sort of CO are ya  :rofl)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »
It seems every time I log on Knights are getting gangbanged again. Cowardly rook and bish won't fight each other. Just look at today's map.

You rook and bish will say: "it happens to all teams equally". That is simply not true and you know it.

For the record, I NEVER participate in gangbangs. I always attack the team with the most bases and encourage my teammates to do the same. What fun/glory/satisfaction is there in attacking/crushing an opponent who has no chance of defending themselves because they're hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts?

I'm not whining, just stating facts. It's just frustrating and not fun getting your butt kicked every week because your two cowardly opponents have some sort of "agreement".

I know exactly how you feel. Us rooks used to be 'in the bucket' endlessly at my timezone (120 bish, 100 knight, 40 rook) for example with both sides attacking rooks. It got so bad in 2001-2002 that I pretty much quit playing (well there were other reasons too). Back then there was no ENY so attackers were just hunting easy perks without a limit.

So you're not alone and yes I know it sucks. It will probably end some time though.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone