Author Topic: Gunnery  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Gunnery
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
"It confirms to me the suckage of average pilots shooting ability"

Just as it was in real life, the majority of hits in AH are scored by the minority of pilots who can both fly and shoot. The remainder, the majority of pilots, hit very little. But they also serve, who fly and fight but rarely hit.

:cool:  
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »

Anyone else just having a bad streak in AH?

They come and go.  AH is like golf.  As soon as you think youve got it nipped in the butt, it nips back.

Ironically enough, the past few weeks for me have been painful.  I have been flying like a two-weeker.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 06:00:43 AM »
Most players never can. Sometimes we tend to rate the "average" player higher than he actually is.
For example, I note a lot in discussions on CH200 and here on the board that many people seem to think a fighter K/D of 1.0 is average - in reality it's way above average. Most players are, forgive me: Only victims. In tour 118, the median K/D score was 0.84. Only one quarter of all players got a fighter K/D of 1.0 or better. More than half had less then 0.5!

What I wonder is how many of the bottom half are two weekers. I don't have any idea how many people come and go in an average month.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 06:19:31 AM »
I remember when VOSS had a hit% otf 97% in fighter mode. took me 2 weeks to figure out what bug he was taking advantage of.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
LOL I remember that bug didn't last long once it was know by the general population but boy was it fun for a while to make people wonder and cry about  the score horing, I laughed my butttt offffff.     but it was even funnier the next month after they changed it and a bunch of the guys that don't come read the forums didn't know it had been changed and you would see them up a plane idle to a hanger and empty a clip from p47 into the hangers and exit, I would run to the clip board and look and their hit % would be .0002 and I would laugh at them on country channel and then tell them it had been fixed, he he he he
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW