Author Topic: attack captures ?  (Read 461 times)

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
attack captures ?
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »
  if you take a v base with a c47 does it now post as attack capture
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: attack captures ?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
I wouldn't think so. And the bugs forum isn't really the place to ask a question which your text implied without the ?

Attack captures were when you dropped troops for the capture, then respawned with an attack sortie selected. A rather gamey way of artificially inflating your score.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
  if you take a v base with a c47 does it now post as attack capture

No, that bug was fixed the day after it became a bug.  Captures are back to normal
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
I don't think you can do that anymore.  They changed it so if you drop troops or bombs...bail..respawn your troops/bombs disappear.  I am not sure but there is no way to get an attack capture anymore.

DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »
well some people are doing it somehow or we would all be at the same rank on attack captures
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »
I don't think you can do that anymore.  They changed it so if you drop troops or bombs...bail..respawn your troops/bombs disappear.  I am not sure but there is no way to get an attack capture anymore.

DuHasst

There was a bug with one of the last few patches where bombers were scoring in the attack sortie, at least with captures.  It was fixed the next day.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
I am thinking some attack sorties were going to bomber columb also. I have 2 bomber sorties but never few a bomber sortie so far this tour.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 09:01:14 PM »
   I was wondering cause the squad has 2 attack captures and my 2 bomber capture haven't posted I've been looking at patch info haven't seen it listed as of last patch  :joystick:
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
After the latest change in strats there was a short period where goons scored in attack mode and it should be fixed now. Not sure why it hasnt been fixed in the ranks.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
   I was wondering cause the squad has 2 attack captures and my 2 bomber capture haven't posted I've been looking at patch info haven't seen it listed as of last patch  :joystick:

Not everything requires a patch to fix, hence why it isn't listed in a readme. It was a host-side fix.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »
You know I never could figure out why there was even a catagory of attack captures to begin with unless Dale wanted the game to be gamed.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW