Author Topic: Prototype Days (or arena)  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Prototype Days (or arena)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
Because players that do it in a B-29 will get there faster with more bombs and probably a better chance at surviving than someone in a B-17 because of the faster speed and superior defensive armament.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
Because players that do it in a B-29 will get there faster with more bombs and probably a better chance at surviving than someone in a B-17 because of the faster speed and superior defensive armament.

ack-ack

Now according to Wikipedia they have the same climb rate but is that empty or heavy?
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
Now according to Wikipedia they have the same climb rate but is that empty or heavy?

The B-29's cruising speed is around 220-225mph and maximum speed is around 350mph compared to 182mph and 287mph for the B-17.  Even though both have approximately the same climb rate, the B-29 will get you to the target faster, with more bombs and with superior defensive armament, probably to the target intact. 

Again, thinking that the B-29 will not render any of the other piston engine bombers hanger queens is a little naive.  Why up something else if the B-29 can get you there faster, with more bombs and a better chance of survival?  If someone decides to take the B-29 up to altitude, it will be virtually untouchable.

ack-ack

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
The B-29's cruising speed is around 220-225mph and maximum speed is around 350mph compared to 182mph and 287mph for the B-17.  Even though both have approximately the same climb rate, the B-29 will get you to the target faster, with more bombs and with superior defensive armament, probably to the target intact. 

Again, thinking that the B-29 will not render any of the other piston engine bombers hanger queens is a little naive.  Why up something else if the B-29 can get you there faster, with more bombs and a better chance of survival?  If someone decides to take the B-29 up to altitude, it will be virtually untouchable.

ack-ack

I understand what you are saying, and it's already been brought up, but why isn't the 262 extremely popular making all the other piston planes hanger queens?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
I understand what you are saying, and it's already been brought up, but why isn't the 262 extremely popular making all the other piston planes hanger queens?

Because the ME 262 isn't all that easy to get kills in for the average player.  If you notice those (like Grizz) that repeatedly land multiple kills in the ME 262 are amongst your more experienced pilots in the game and have become a pretty good shot with the 30mm cannon.  If the ME 262's cannons had say the same ballistic properties of the Browning .50s, then you'd see more people in them because it would easier to score kills.

Also, there was a bug for a long time in the ME 262 where you blew up if you pulled more than a certain amount of Gs, that kept a lot from flying it.  Now, it's the crappy ballistics on the 30mm cannon that keeps the majority from flying it other than an occasional hop or two every few tours.

ack-ack

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 08:29:01 PM »

ack-ack

yes but what I was asking is a B-29 with a 20,000lb payload would climb at the same rate as a B-17 with a 6,000lb payload

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »
So how many bomber perks do you ya'll have?

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »

probably around the 50k mark after a few years of none use.

ack-ack

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »

around 120 not sure right now

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
A little over 2000 perks for me. I dont think TIME is an issue in bombers ever and it certainly isnt part of SCORE like it is in fighters or vehicles. I think it would be a lot more like the strats system we have now where people check it out right after it is released and then they get back to business as usual. It IS more difficult to shoot down when its up high but down low... take another bomber because its advantages are gone. Most bomber missions in the game are still low altitude and using a B-29 might make sense if its free. Perk it and it will be at higher altitude.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
Ack-ack, is that how many you have or are you speculating to other players?

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »
Ack-ack, is that how many you have or are you speculating to other players?

It's what I have but then it's been accumulating for 9 years with nothing to spend it on.  I'm there are dozens upon dozens of other players that have far more bomber perks than what I have collected over the years.

ack-ack

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
So a  few dozen players take a few months to blow through their bomber perks..

So what?

Worst reason not to add an aircraft ever.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 11:51:55 PM »
Who said about perks being the reason not to add the B-29?

ack-ack

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Again, thinking that the B-29 will not render any of the other piston engine bombers hanger queens is a little naive

What stops the Tempest and 262 from rendering everything else useless applies here.

"but everyone has 2948103821-38x10e4 bomber perks!, we'll never see the end of them!"

Then jack up the perk cost initially and drop it once everyone's had their fun.