Author Topic: P-40 Mission  (Read 1192 times)

Offline ares473

• Zinc Member
P-40 Mission
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »
Ok here's a mission I have been working on as a test bed to build my skills for a much bigger mission I am working on. Let me know how well it plays out for you guys and I appreciate any tips to make it better and more of a challenge. I am still learning on the mission editor so bear with me. Also does anyone know of another way to upload files direct to a post rather than a link from a file share site? Also if the link and download do not work let me know. Thanks. Forgot to add this mission uses the Baltic terrain/map. This is the .res file so for those who are not familiar you will put it in the missres subfolder in you AH folder.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/f687e5da-7180-435e-9968-4731d9a2dfab/p40bomberintercept
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:25:43 AM by ares473 »
I know I can fly and I know I can shoot, just not at the same time.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: P-40 Mission
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
   Good first mission.  You have all the basics down.  My only recommendation is to learn to use a warp segment if it's a long flight.  People (I've learned) want to get to the action fairly quickly.  Either that, or throw in some music to kill the time.  A speed increase would help also if you don't want to use a warp.  Nothing crazy, but planes can go faster than 200.  Turn it up to at least 250.  Very good work on making your sides converge at the right place/time.  I have no doubt you are ready to make bigger ones.  Great job. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ares473

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »
Thanks Ranger! I will punch the speed up a bit. BTW how would I go about adding music? I think it would be a good touch.  :cheers:
I know I can fly and I know I can shoot, just not at the same time.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:58:50 PM »
You set it as an event.  It must be a 22Khz 8-bit mono .wav.  If you have a song you need and can't convert it, shoot me a PM & I'll hook you up.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »
  \  My only recommendation is to learn to use a warp segment if it's a long flight.  People (I've learned) want to get to the action fairly quickly.  \

Yea, I was gonna say the same about the warp.  Aside from that, very good first mission.   :salute
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK