Author Topic: ENY madness  (Read 2268 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY madness
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 09:49:58 AM »
See Rules #4, #6

My apologies Skuzzy!!!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
I am reminded of an incident I had with my Wife one day.  We were driving along and a song came on the radio.  She goes into this tirade about how she cannot stand that song.  After a minute, or so, I reach over and change the radio station.

She looks over and starts complaining about how she likes the other station, but hates the song.  So I change it back and she finishes complaining about the song being played.

After the song finished, I just look over at her and say, "Ignoring a solution does not substantiate your complaints".

Just saying.

Does your wife have a sister?  I think I may have married her...  :bolt:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
  Eny was at 29 and I upped a KI 61 that I first flew in a snapshot a few weeks ago. Had a Blast got a kill. Variety is the spice of life.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.  :rock

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:17:07 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »
I am reminded of an incident I had with my Wife one day.  We were driving along and a song came on the radio.  She goes into this tirade about how she cannot stand that After a minute, or so, I reach over and change .

i used to work with a guy that went ballastic when a song he didn't like came on.

i turned the radio up every time.

he learned to not be quite so vocal.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »
Can't help but laugh when someone complains about a problem and the problem is themselves.  :D

Snicker Factor a good strong 10!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
I thought Lusche summed everything up quite nicely way back on page one.  The people who complain about ENY somehow fail to see that they have the choice to solve the problem. ENY is a result of a decision they've made, the tools for a solution are there, if they don't pick them up and use them then they have no one to blame but themselves if ENY prevents them from flying a given plane. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »

HTC should create a no excuses arena that we can have fun in and fly what HTC has in the stable

But that is the arena you were in.  You could have flown everything HTC had in the stable at that moment.  I confused  :confused:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
Typically, I don't mind ENY, as my main rides are the 51B and the Brewster.  But last night was just one of those odd nights.  In orange the Bish had 130+ players, the Rooks had 130+ players, and Knits had 59 players.  This was throwing ENY for the Bish and Rooks. Damn our Alliance! So log into Blue, Bish down to 8 bases and the about 45-50 players, rooks about the same and the Knits in the upper 80s.  I guess the Alliance must work harder at eradicating the Knits from the map!

well thats the arena caps at work, decreasing overall numbers locks-in and amplifies any country imbalance ...

Eny was at 29

you said you were seeing LA7s, which means you were flying against the lowest number country. ENY 29 means that your country had almost twice as many players as the lowest number country (90% more iirc). so you want a 2:1 numbers advantage, and to be able to fly the most capable aircraft as well?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
I have no problem with ENY but wish it was ZONE specific instead of country, at times I have been getting gangbanged in a zone when I have the ENY number :huh This defending MY base :rofl
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 12:23:02 PM »
Ack-Ack with 13092 post I can see why your an expert.  :huh

Naw...It's probably from playing these types of game a lot longer than you have and being smarter than you also helps.  Like I said, the problem isn't the ENY, it's just a convenient scapegoat and the problem and the solution lay squarely on your shoulders.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
After the song finished, I just look over at her and say, "Ignoring a solution does not substantiate your complaints".

So how long did it take for the marks on your face to heal?

- oldman

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

- oldman
And I was going to ask if they finally removed the stitches but that answers my question.  I got mine out last week - but that was made by my smartypants comment I made about dishes and flying.  But that's a different story...  :rofl
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »

- oldman

Actually, she laughed once she realized how silly she must have looked.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »
well thats the arena caps at work, decreasing overall numbers locks-in and amplifies any country imbalance ...

Except the arena caps weren't an issue.  Orange had plenty of room as did blue. When I logged into blue and seen the Uterus map, went right back over to Orange.  To bad ENY couldn't be linked between the arenas. Either way, I still like ENY.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
i used to be squarely against changing countries. to be honest, i don't know why.

since i've been corrupted by shuffler, and soulss and corkyjr, who  shall remain un-named, i've been changing countries almost on a regular basis.
 i log in, look and see who has low numbers, and BAM! i log to that country. the REALLY funny thing? since then, i've never had any problem with eny, or with getting the ride of my choice.  :aok

the fun we each have in these arenas lays only with each of us. if eny is pissin ya off, then switch to a side where it won't.

if you don't wanna switch, then try another plane. that can be fun too.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)