Author Topic: ENY madness  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: ENY madness
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »
Shouldn't be surprising that you hear the same thing on Knight country as well.... I'm betting you'd hear it on bish, too.

Because it's always THEM doing all the bad things to US... and everyone claiming otherwise just proves he belongs to THEM  :noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2009, 06:48:05 PM »
I'll make a judgment here. Looking at the registration dates I've been around 3 years longer than you. Second you've confused me with someone that cares about your opinion. But that's your problem.

wizzer

Started playing just after the game went out of beta and played AW and WB before this, starting AW around '93.  Thank you for playing, better luck next time.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »
Because it's always THEM doing all the bad things to US... and everyone claiming otherwise just proves he belongs to THEM  :noid

No not so much on bish. Except those dang rooks flying at 30k :old:
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
No not so much on bish. Except those dang rooks flying at 30k :old:

I didn't know Challeng flew as a rook !

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »
Started playing just after the game went out of beta and played AW and WB before this, starting AW around '93.  Thank you for playing, better luck next time.

ack-ack

Thanks for making my point, like I said, your problem.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
I recall Hitech starting a thread a while back about how the latest version much not have any bugs, because  people where back to complaining about ENY  :lol

My experience.

Sometimes the numbers start out even, then one side organizes a massive horde and starts rolling bases.  Then the other side will just give up and log/switch arenas.  This behavior annoys me a little bit, because it feels like being punished for being successful.

***before everyone rants on me, YES I know many people don't equate success with base captures, but some do***

When this happens to me, (ENY doesn't bother me till 20 or so, but I've seen it up to 29)  I don't curse ENY, I curse the other side that gives up so easily, instead of staying and putting up a good fight.  So, then there is no resistance and taking bases gets really, really boring.

So what do I do, (I won't switch sides, my squad doesn't permit it) I switch arenas too.  If my side has high ENY in one arena, that usually means we are outnumbered in the other. :aok

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
Sometimes the numbers start out even, then one side organizes a massive horde and starts rolling bases.  Then the other side will just give up and log/switch arenas.  This behavior annoys me a little bit, because it feels like being punished for being successful.

most people fly for fun and being horded is no fun, so what do you expect? your not being punished, you're just suffering the inevitable consequences of wanting it easy. dont want the other side to log off? organise missions with much less than 100% chance of success, that way the enemy will put up a fight and you'll both have fun.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2009, 09:07:59 PM »
most people fly for fun and being horded is no fun, so what do you expect? your not being punished, you're just suffering the inevitable consequences of wanting it easy. dont want the other side to log off? organise missions with much less than 100% chance of success, that way the enemy will put up a fight and you'll both have fun.

You misunderstand me, I don't want it easy, I agree it's boring.

I don't curse ENY, I curse the other side that gives up so easily, instead of staying and putting up a good fight.  So, then there is no resistance and taking bases gets really, really boring.

Did you not see the "no resistance = really, really boring" part

When I'm part of a  group on the attack, I WANT to meet a group on defense, and vice versa.

When the numbers are even (like I said) the opposition can easily stop a horde from rolling bases, thus creating a great huge fun fight for all.

And yes I do often fly missions with only 3-4 squadies that are a real longshot, but they can be lots of fun.

On a related note, this is why I can't understand the whole "furballers vs. base takers" mentality.  It is a symbiotic relationship.  The guys attempting to take bases set off all the good fights for the "furballers" and the guys who just want to dogfight keep the fighters busy so the "base takers" can capture the base.

Like I said if ENY bothers me, (most planes I fly are 15-25 ENY) I just switch arenas.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:16:02 PM by saggs »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
I didn't know Challeng flew as a rook !

rook gas is cheaper.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
if you have a problem with eny, and do nothing more than come here and complain, then you yourself are part of said problem.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 10:41:02 PM »
if you have a problem with eny, and do nothing more than come here and complain, then you yourself are part of said problem.

well said CAP1. you can get in line with the rest :aok

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2009, 10:52:59 PM »
What's up with all the grown men bawwwing like some kid who dropped his binky lately?  Holiday doldrums perhaps?
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »
well said CAP1. you can get in line with the rest :aok

wizz..... if you don't like folks opinions then you should not try posting on these boards.

Your post was rife with self inflicted problems.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 11:17:40 PM »
wizz..... if you don't like folks opinions then you should not try posting on these boards.

Your post was rife with self inflicted problems.

Wrong Shuff, WE'RE the problem.    :bolt:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
Wrong Shuff, WE'RE the problem.    :bolt:

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)