Author Topic: Problems with FSO  (Read 947 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Problems with FSO
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
I get an awful lot of discos when playing in FSOs and even if I get though an FSO without a disco I will disco shortly afterwards in the main arena (no matter which arena I go to). Im wondering if its the terrain not being optimized for 2.17 or if its related to having been in a mission (I never mission up in the main arenas). I have been going to the trouble of rebooting before and after events but tonight it didnt help and I 'vanished without a trace' half way though the flight. I would never say anything about it except this almost never happens otherwise and I really like finishing events and I am not the only one this happens to.

Does anyone have any hint what the problem might be?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Re: Problems with FSO
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Dunno but the lag I get in the SEA is monumental.  I am willing to throw money into a bowl for a new server.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
I get an awful lot of discos when playing in FSOs and even if I get though an FSO without a disco I will disco shortly afterwards in the main arena (no matter which arena I go to). Im wondering if its the terrain not being optimized for 2.17 or if its related to having been in a mission (I never mission up in the main arenas). I have been going to the trouble of rebooting before and after events but tonight it didnt help and I 'vanished without a trace' half way though the flight. I would never say anything about it except this almost never happens otherwise and I really like finishing events and I am not the only one this happens to.

Does anyone have any hint what the problem might be?

Maybe its something you said...Pottymouth!   ;)   :lol
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:27:09 AM »
Don't know Chalenge. I know in the past if you were flying in the MA and then went directly into the SEA that was an issue for some. I heard a while back that bug was squashed. I have had squadies in the past that have had issues flying in the SEA, but we never could figure out what it was.

Your best bet would be to note every time it happens, look for anything that is consistent, and post it up in the Tech Support forum for Skuzzy to look at. And don't forget your system specs.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
only problem I had was very low frame rate causing stutters with the clouds all the way down if there was a fire and smoke on top of that the frame rate would drop to 10-19, get away from the smoke and it would go to 38, get above 8k where clouds thinned and frame back up to 74.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »
 Server or maybe computer issue.Ive never been booted in these things. Never in FSO or other events. A few times in MA after the switch over but other than that,ive had no issues. Whos your provider?
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »
Maybe its something you said...Pottymouth!   ;)   :lol

Thats really funny boy you must have been a real riot in preschool this week!  :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 02:28:49 PM »
Thats really funny boy you must have been a real riot in preschool this week!  :devil

Yep. and by the time youmanage to get that far, I'll be legendary.  :D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
      This may or may not have affected my flight, so here it is.  First off, my comp is just a few months over a year old.   It's up-to-date on all drivers.  I have had a few times that I have been discoed, but I think it was net related and very rare.  Mass groups of players in one area has never caused my computer any problems, frame rates stay strong and the game is smooth.

Now, this last FSO, I experienced something that I had not experienced since I was on dial-up.  We were guarding a radar factory, the nme came in and everything was ok.  We were in 110's and noticed low B-26's otw to the factory.  We dove in to engage, and hit them right before they dropped.  There were many, and some were able to get their bombs off.  It was at this time that I started getting a slide show.  When I died, I have no clue how it happened.  I turned, kinda froze and then I was in the tower.

I was thinking, could the dar be the problem?  I liked having the dar, but it seemed when It was turned on, my game started acting funny. 

Not saying this was the problem, just throwing out what I think I noticed.  We were engaged and I did not noticed when the dar was activated, but after I was sent to tower, I saw dots on dar.

Just a thought.
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 10:57:34 PM »
Yep. and by the time youmanage to get that far, I'll be legendary.  :D

Only in your own mind there little boy.  :devil

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »
I think that it is important for the FSO "gods" to tell us exactly how the icons were set Friday night...  Then we can all freak out!   :D

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline kansas2

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »
      This may or may not have affected my flight, so here it is.  First off, my comp is just a few months over a year old.   It's up-to-date on all drivers.  I have had a few times that I have been discoed, but I think it was net related and very rare.  Mass groups of players in one area has never caused my computer any problems, frame rates stay strong and the game is smooth.

Now, this last FSO, I experienced something that I had not experienced since I was on dial-up.  We were guarding a radar factory, the nme came in and everything was ok.  We were in 110's and noticed low B-26's otw to the factory.  We dove in to engage, and hit them right before they dropped.  There were many, and some were able to get their bombs off.  It was at this time that I started getting a slide show.  When I died, I have no clue how it happened.  I turned, kinda froze and then I was in the tower.

I was thinking, could the dar be the problem?  I liked having the dar, but it seemed when It was turned on, my game started acting funny. 

Not saying this was the problem, just throwing out what I think I noticed.  We were engaged and I did not noticed when the dar was activated, but after I was sent to tower, I saw dots on dar.

Just a thought.

I also had a problem I've not had before. While flying the B17 in frame 3, after calibrating the ground was moving sideways in my bombsight.
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 01:15:30 AM »
It was at this time that I started getting a slide show.  When I died, I have no clue how it happened.  I turned, kinda froze and then I was in the tower.

Do you have a private sound pack?  I have had problems with lock-ups with bombs in air before.  It tends to occur just after an update.  Couple options, delete the cache folder (seems to work for this type of thing) and/or change the sound pack.

after calibrating the ground was moving sideways in my bombsight.

This is a relatively new one.  If the difficult mode calibration is used, you have to calibrate in the same line of advance as the bomb run.  If you calibrate early, then turn to target, you get the sideways moving bombsight.

Most problems I have had with the sea servers seem to be related to lag.  It's worse when there are big updates in the mix.  I have had days when a bunch of squaddies just can't log in or stay logged in.  I have had days when lag made it unplayable.  It's an old server, but it's all we have.  Counting our blessings, it's better to have a server than nothing.  I'm still ready to donate to a server upgrade fund.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
I am Setup CM for January's FSO.  Contact me by PM or on Chnl 202 if you disco.  I will also post that on the message of the day. We try to be as considerate as possible and you may re-up freely in the first 15 minutes.  After 30 minutes, sorry it's a no go.  Personally I think some of the FSO players have computers with less memory than Jan Michael Vincent.... :rofl
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam