Author Topic: 109 and negative Gs  (Read 217 times)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109 and negative Gs
« on: October 28, 1999, 11:43:00 AM »
Now that I mentioned it in another thread, I did a little test on negative G performance of AH planes.

I flew at 5k alt, trimmed for level flight at 200 IAS. With WEP on, I tried to do an inverted loop (rolling 180 degrees and pushing through the Immelmann maneuver). All planes had 25% fuel, no drop tank.

This was mainly done to test 109 capabilities, and they are dissapointing. In fact, every single fighter in AH can do outside loop better (faster) than 109, if trimmed for level flight at 200 mph IAS. How much better (faster) ? Well, pretty much, because 109 can’t do it if trimmed for level flight at 200 IAS, and all other fighters can. 109 has to be trimmed nose heavy to do it.

Also, every single fighter does nose push down more readily than 109. 109 has to be trimmed nose heavy to do it the way other fighters in AH can do it.

The difference in negative Gs that can be attained in nose down push between P 51 and 109 is approximately 1 G, both for level trimmed flight and nose heavy trim.

Is this really accurate ? Is it just the difference in trim (elevator) maximum deflection, or something else ?

Disclaimer: I am biased to 109. The test I did was done in about 20 minutes, so it is pretty inaccurate, but it gives some comparative relationships.

Hristo,
I/JG 51

Jagdgeschwader 51 “Mölders”

Offline Kraut

• Zinc Member
109 and negative Gs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 1999, 05:55:00 PM »
Please, more down elevator! Please? I can't fly inverted off the deck. Well, not for long. Doing a victory roll over ones' AB & then flopping down canopy first is poor for moral & hard on pilots. They keep saying "the   Allied Iron can do it. Why can't we"?
FWIW,
Good Hunting!
Ps. Damn, it's embarrassing!!!!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109 and negative Gs
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 1999, 01:42:00 AM »
My first punt  

------------------
Hristo,
I/JG 51

Jagdgeschwader 51 “Mölders”

Uedel

109 and negative Gs
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 1999, 07:49:00 PM »
In fact the 109 had a real great Elevator.
And the 109 will to very fine invertet loops, in fact this was an outstanding performance of the 109 and it was the thing that Erich Hartmann used for his emergency escape. But u play OnlineFlightSimulators Programmed and Played by US/UK People and they dont like to see when some non US/UK stuff will do anythink better then US/UK stuff. U understood ?

Uedel

109 and negative Gs
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 1999, 07:50:00 PM »
In fact the 109 had a real great Elevator.
And the 109 will to very fine invertet loops, in fact this was an outstanding performance of the 109 and it was the thing that Erich Hartmann used for his emergency escape. But u play OnlineFlightSimulators Programmed and Played by US/UK People and they dont like to see when some non US/UK stuff will do anything better then US/UK stuff. U understood ?

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
109 and negative Gs
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 1999, 09:17:00 PM »
Given current water temperature and clarity conditions, might I suggest a Rapala in a natural shad finish?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109 and negative Gs
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 1999, 04:18:00 PM »
Thanks, HTC crew.

0.39 brought more down elevator for 109. If it is enough, I guess only Hartmann and few others would know