Author Topic: Bashing squeakers  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bashing squeakers
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
"Squeaker" has more to do with an attitude than how high an octave their voice is.
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
"Squeaker" has more to do with an attitude than how high an octave their voice is.

I was just about to post the same thing.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
 :rolleyes:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 01:48:42 PM »
If you see a little kid out on the street talking in a high voice (your own son, perhaps?), would you go over to him and begin teasing him about his high voice, and how his balls haven't dropped?  I sincerely hope not. 

No I wouldn't. However I wouldn't be forced to share a hobby with him either and endure his childish behavior.
Try and understand some folks would prefer to participate in hobbies without children being involved. Some children would prefer to participate in hobbies where no adults are involved. When I was a youth we didn't get involved in the same games with adults and vice versa. We didn't want to and they didn't want to. The internet has pretty much given us a situation where the generations can't escape each other to compete or participate among themselves so you get these clashes.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
  You know there is a way those "squeakers" can change their voice in windows and make it a deep voice if they wanted to, so I don't think those that get bashed is a octave thing as much as it is an attitude.

Not long ago I went to a special events thing that had a "sqawker" as the cm and I assure if I go to another one and that individual ("I AM IN CHARGE, AND THEY PUT ME IN CHARGE SO THEY HAVE CONFIDENCE IN ME, AND I AM GOING TO VOLUNTEER IN THE FUTURE SO I WILL BE IN CHARGE A LOT IN THE FUTURE, SO GET USED TO IT".); is in charge I will just leave and go back to the main.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
No I wouldn't. However I wouldn't be forced to share a hobby with him either and endure his childish behavior.
Try and understand some folks would prefer to participate in hobbies without children being involved. Some children would prefer to participate in hobbies where no adults are involved. When I was a youth we didn't get involved in the same games with adults and vice versa. We didn't want to and they didn't want to. The internet has pretty much given us a situation where the generations can't escape each other to compete or participate among themselves so you get these clashes.

Shifty I have to agree with you on this , its ( The Clash of the Generations ) a new happening in our time and it all comes down to how we behave and or accept others in a wide age range .
                           Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »
 dmdchief ;  I remember that event . It stands out perfectly in my mind . This individual had supporters on both sides of the issue good or bad . I will say this though that kid had a tough job of riding herd on a pack of adults who recoiled at the mere thought of him doing the job . But in the end he stuck it out , and that is more than most kids would do .
                        Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »
Today's squeakers can be next year's players.(read as paying customer too)
With the natural attrition of the player base, it's a good thing to get new players.
Tonyjoey would own anyone in this thread and he was a squeaker.

Exeption:  The Generals. Since friendly conversation with them usually just leads to the General calling you a moron, bash them mercilessly. They move on eventually anyway, for the most part.

And the difference between the squeeker General and the 45yo General is exactly what? Both get squelched by me.

Anyone who would pick on a noob just cause he/she was young is a schmuck and has no place among us. But there is a difference between humor and meaness.

Lately tho its been the older Generals tieing up the Vox with their ongoing life story and AH expereince. I guess they never heard of a private channel.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
Then there is Bip..... dweeb. ;)
Me as a father of 2. No way id let my kids play this game.There is no way HT will ever stop the bashing on vox or text.Unless he gets rid of both.

I always thought an "anything goes" arena would be good.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »
Lately tho its been the older Generals tieing up the Vox with their ongoing life story and AH expereince. I guess they never heard of a private channel.
Bombrich right? ill make sure to tune vox to you and let it all out. :noid

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
Tangently related is the abuse on two-weekers, usually squeakers, wherein we ( the old guard) go and kill them over and over; all the while poking fun at them.  I try mightily to not run-up my k/d ratio on these guys, give (pathetic) advise and have even switched sides to better communicate or even outright defend (again, pathetic as I might be as a stick) them so that they CAN become the players of tomorrow.  I really do think harassing them on vox or chat is the lowest.  Take a chance and be a mentor; you'll get more satisfaction when they start killing your arch-nemisis on a regular basis than if you kill them for two weeks and never see them again.

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 02:32:49 PM »

Exactly, the young son of one of our squadies plays fairly often, a truly delightful young gentleman, and funny as all get out too.

shamus   
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:44 PM »
Exactly, the young son of one of our squadies plays fairly often, a truly delightful young gentleman, and funny as all get out too.

shamus   

Werd.

My youngest is following his older brother and has begun live.

I told him "This is an adult squadron".  That's all he needed. 

Plenty of adults playing that are more annoying than plenty of the kids.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »
Meaning you think squeaker-bashing is just fine?

Squeaker bashing is just as American as apple pie and baseball. 

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:55:23 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song