Author Topic: .CENTER command  (Read 650 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
.CENTER command
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:28:30 AM »
So many times in the MA, one gets the call on the radio, need help with this or that enemy field. Then you have to find them. Now, finding a friendly field is no problem at all, just type ".move" and field nr and you're in the tower.
Sometimes as well, one is in flight and wants to see what's going on. No ".move" then.
So, how about a ".center "fieldnumber with the clipboard open, so the map would center itself on the requested number??? Would it be troublesome to program, or easy as pie? I certainly think it would be used.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: .CENTER command
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »
I must be missing something (other than coffee this morning). Whether you type ".center A45", or type ".move A45", would it not be the same thing? The only other "move" type funtion would be ".goto GameID", but of course you would have to be in the tower for that.

EDIT: With no "delete" function, it figures. I finally got what you said on half a cup of coffee. Gahhh! :o :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:37:45 AM by thndregg »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 07:37:36 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
Thanks, Snail. Really tired this morning. :( :)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
Thanks, Snail. Really tired this morning. :( :)
   <thndrEGG?

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 03:05:03 AM »
I must be missing something (other than coffee this morning). Whether you type ".center A45", or type ".move A45", would it not be the same thing? The only other "move" type funtion would be ".goto GameID", but of course you would have to be in the tower for that.

EDIT: With no "delete" function, it figures. I finally got what you said on half a cup of coffee. Gahhh! :o :D

You can not ".move" to an enemy airfield. You need the closest allied airfield. So my idea was to help bringing the clipboard map on to the spot of operations rather than asking several times which is the nearest allied airfield. CV's would have to be excluded of course.
A timesaver from asking and asking, or scrolling and zooming.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »
that's a great idea.  it gets annoying in some of the large maps when it takes some time to figure out which is the closes allied field to some enemy field you cannot find on the map.  map field numbering is really confusing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RedTeck

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
Sounds good. +1
Ho's are like Speedos.
Nothing says you can't use it, but no one wants to see it.