Author Topic: Problem Saving a mission  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
Problem Saving a mission
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:59:06 AM »
I solved my earlier Exe crash.

My problem now is that I've created the mission and saved it to Mis.Res as well as the offline folder. The file itself shows only as a Mis file and when I go offline to open the "practice missions" area it doesn't show up.

It does show in the "missions" area offline but again when I go to load it it says invalid file type.

No replies from anyone on the issue so far..... Somebody must know how to save this properly. The tutorial/manual I downloaded didn't say anything about how or where to save the file or if I have to choose a location when saving.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: Problem Saving a mission
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »
The "Build Res Library" menu option will create the res file for you.  I'm not sure what you mean when you use the phrase "saved it to", but if you are using "Save" or "Save as..." to create the res file it won't work.

Enable your Explorer to show you file extensions so you don't just see 'Mis'.  Copy the Mis.res file to the missres folder off the game directory. 

Then either make sure the current offline terrain is the same as the one used in the mission, or check the "Show missions for all terrains" checkbox to view the mission.  Note that even if you do see the mission using the checkbox you will only be able to run your mission when the current offline terrain matches.

I'm very confused by these two phrases:
when I go offline to open the "practice missions" area it doesn't show up.
and
It does show in the "missions" area offline

But follow the steps above and you should be golden..

- Sudz

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 03:40:39 PM »
Make sure the mission .res is in the missres folder.  When you hit Build Res Library, it should do it automatically.  Missions don't run off the .mis file anymore.  The .mis file is just used in the editor as your working file to edit an existing mission.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 05:53:29 PM »
That was great help guys thanks! The tutorial and manual doesn't say anything about needing to hit the "build res library"; maybe time for an update.

Is there any way to turn off the scoring part of the mission? If I move from my plotted course or don't move fast enough the mission ends with me back in the briefing area with a message that " I've failed my mission."

I'm really more interested in practicing against plane types at this point.

Again thanks so much and Happy Holidays!!!
 :cheers:

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:31:41 PM »
Is there any way to turn off the scoring part of the mission? If I move from my plotted course or don't move fast enough the mission ends with me back in the briefing area with a message that " I've failed my mission."

File->Mission Properties.  Uncheck "Training Mission Group".  Rebuild the .res.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »
Excellent!

Thanks for you help USRanger!

I've built a mission that places several pairs of different fighters in different areas so that I can fly solo against them and perhaps learn a little more. I figure if I can learn to beat 2 of the planes that cause me trouble maybe I'll be a little better in the MA's.

After about 13 minutes the enemy planes disappear. I'm guessing that they only stay in the air as long as their original route would have taken to complete?
 :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »
Correct.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩